The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

SaNTi0321 - Awsome shot
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Hey there, I don't know too much about photography but christmas is coming up, and I was looking into buying a lens as a gift.
Can anyone show me some good wide angle lenses, also, how much am I looking to spend on a decent one?
Thank you photographers.

What camera body?

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

djaman wrote:
Anyone have tips on achieving that grainy, black and white style? I'd like to know how to do this better.

I've been shooting primarily in black and white, and was looking for some tips too, anybody?

One way to achieve this is to bump up your ISO, although the grain might not look very pleasing.

Another way to do it is to add noise through Photoshop as it had already been mentioned above.
That's the way I do it since you can control just how much noise you want to create the look you're going for.

Yeah I've bumped up my ISO to about 3200.

I don't use photoshop however, and was just wondering if there were any ways to achieve the look without post processing.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Hey there, I don't know too much about photography but christmas is coming up, and I was looking into buying a lens as a gift.
Can anyone show me some good wide angle lenses, also, how much am I looking to spend on a decent one?
Thank you photographers.

What camera body?

Just a Canon xsi

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by parasight21

Originally Posted by bittersweet

B/W FILM.
Anyone else shoot film?

I do. 
I gotta shoot digital to pay bills and to eat but other than that I'm shooting films all day. Been doing it for almost decade and will do it as long as films and darkrooms are around. No doubt. Can't beat it. 
pimp.gif

I am on a skateboard forum and most of those guys shoot film as apposed to digital. There is one guy in particular that shoots some awesome stuff. He just posted these portraits the other day:

96851744.jpg

22232616.jpg

70227817.jpg

unbenannt8n.png
Link to this man's pics?

whoa! sorry for the HUGE images. mods, could you delete the post please? i'll resize and re-post. thanks.

quick question for you guys, I'm in the market for a sub-900$ DSLR that takes decent video. I'm getting it for my dad who will primarily use it to take video and pictures of horse races. and input would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by moneyballer55

quick question for you guys, I'm in the market for a sub-900$ DSLR that takes decent video. I'm getting it for my dad who will primarily use it to take video and pictures of horse races. and input would be greatly appreciated.

Best bang for your buck would be the Canon T2i but if you dad is only using it for horse races, you might as well look into getting a Canon T1i or even Nikon D5000.

I am in a photography class and have been getting into manual B&W. I picked up a Nikon FM2 (1984) from my dad and it's pretty cool... anyone else into the dark room stuff?

Hey guys, first time checking in on this thread, i am looking for my first dslr and am torn between the nikon d3100 and canon t2i. Looking to be using the video option of the camera a lot. Any info on both, with pros and cons of each would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom