The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

just dropped my cam gettin outta the car
frown.gif

broke the mount of my canon speedlte.
frown.gif
frown.gif

anything I can do to not buy a new one?

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I know this has been asked before so anyone can answer briefly.. I copped the Canon T3i, so I want to know what would be the best step up lens from the kit and what kind of benefits will i gain.

Is wide angle, fish eye the only way to go? I really don't need telephoto
Get a prime lens, i'm not a big fan of telephoto lenses either, but i do love my prime lenses

5557244303_718daa00ec_z.jpg

Ive been trying the quiet release shutter mode on my D7000 and its amazing, this camera is quiet its practically a stalkers camera
basically it lets you take the picture, but doesn't close the mirror until you let go of the shutter

I know this has been asked before so anyone can answer briefly.. I copped the Canon T3i, so I want to know what would be the best step up lens from the kit and what kind of benefits will i gain.

Canon 50mm f/1.8.
Brand new

Refurb

Used

Open to everyone! FREE!!!!

This is a week long event. If you want to print images for FREE! Come to this. If you want to shoot something for FREE! Come to this. If you want to learn about Photography for FREE! Come to this.

March 26-March 31st 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Eastern Time

Calumet New York
22 W. 22nd Street
New York, New York 10010

Event Calender

http://www.calumetphotographic.com/events/index.html

Newbie shots. 

As you all can see from my last post, I got my Nikon 3100 a few days ago.  Wifey and I headed to Lake Ella (Tallahassee) to take some shots and get a feel of the new camera..

Idk but this random steak sauce bottle shot looks great, IMO.

Lake Ella shots:

I took about 30 shots but I think these were the best ones..

I was thinking about scooping up a Canon 85mm 1.8 (probably used), anyone shooting with one?

wow its been a minute since i came to this post.  I am glad to see it grow the way it did.
Heres my contribution to it long overdue.

Shots from a show Rapper Soleblind (NY Guy)

tumblr_lhnq0vpJxf1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lhnqnhtpqj1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lhnqktGx5L1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lhnqpvXVqI1qdxkwso1_500.jpg

Fashion Week

tumblr_lgqu1cgJ8W1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgleagtd1Q1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgn61rt0CO1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgn67wSBQy1qdxkwso1_500.jpg

Random Shots From Diff Shoots

tumblr_lf76hd8NQ21qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_l81s7pguJT1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_ld51xcJ3KJ1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_ldaqsatfEV1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_ldaymgQaFs1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_ldcuhsQNft1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lf768ijKWk1qdxkwso1_500.jpg
tumblr_lf76eshPPp1qdxkwso1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by JHN2007

Open to everyone! FREE!!!!

This is a week long event. If you want to print images for FREE! Come to this. If you want to shoot something for FREE! Come to this. If you want to learn about Photography for FREE! Come to this.

March 26-March 31st 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Eastern Time

Calumet New York
22 W. 22nd Street
New York, New York 10010

Event Calender

http://www.calumetphotographic.com/events/index.html
Thanks man! I'm def going to try to make it to the intermediate lighting one, and maybe a couple others

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Canon 50mm f/1.8.
Brand new

Refurb

Used

Thanks, after doing my own research this is the conclusion i came to. I tried to do the compare and contrast with the 50mm f/1.4, but so many people are on fence about them both. the f/1.8 seems like the better bargain.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

Get a prime lens, i'm not a big fan of telephoto lenses either, but i do love my prime lenses
I agree,

when i first bought my canon, the only lens i bought was a sigma 50 f/1.4. shooting with a prime lens teaches you how to frame shots with your feet/body. some photogs are too dependent on zooms sometimes (i'm also guilty of this after i got my 70-200). also, the prime lenses are faster than zooms since the fastest zooms have aperture of 2.8 while you can cop a "cheap" prime for way way less. my vote is the 50 f/1.8, the f/1.4 is a bit on the more expensive side. also, look into a wider angle lens like a 24 or 28 especially if you're shooting with a crop sensor.

Im going to the Philippines in the summer, and I really wanna take my camera.
Is the high humidity gonna be a problem at all?
Im just real nervous about taking it with me on a boat or to the beach or something
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX

Im going to the Philippines in the summer, and I really wanna take my camera.
Is the high humidity gonna be a problem at all?
Im just real nervous about taking it with me on a boat or to the beach or something
embarassed.gif
bro, i'm in the philippines now. the humidity is not going to matter, i'm walking around here with my canon surrounded with folks and their nikons!
roll.gif
my advice is to bring your camera and your gear as your carry on. safest way to carry it. also, bring your receipts or register your equipment with the gov't just in case they give you problems about your camera. it's rare but some people have reported having to pay TAXES on their equipment because the gov't assumed that the gear is new and was bough in the "orient".

the salt and sand aren't the best for your camera. but as long as you're careful, it should be ok. don't leave it on the sand when you're not using it, stick it in your bag.

Ive had this image in my head for weeks now. Too bad rain kept me from going out and actually executing it. Many have done light painting but ive not seen a sneaker shot paired with a rig shot. Oh and this shot was actually interrupted by Gilroy PD. Thanks Pig.

5568480237_2e840772e5_o.jpg

5569067642_f08c453418_o.jpg

5568477605_2df1dc965d_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom