The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Made an HDR of this one... Don't think I posted it before:

8622870025_a3e92d5d8b_b.jpg

Nope I've never seen a B-1 in person... I gotta get out to some more airshows though.

I think hes furloughed right now but my neighbor when I lived in WPB Floriday is a mechanic for the Blue Angels.  I wanted to be a pilot so bad when I was a kid.
embarassed.gif

Hey guys, so I'm looking or a wireless remote for my D3100 and it seems like Nikon doesn't make one. Does anyone have any experience with something like this, how well does it work?

Amazon product ASIN B004YW79F4

Were you looking for something to trigger the camera or something to trigger flashes? I have these and I like them for what they are. They get the job done, but once I have some disposable income I will be getting the Pocket Wizard system to trigger my flashes. If you are talking about triggering the camera remotely, Nikon does make a remote but it's not compatible with your camera. I checked the manual and it doesn't have a remote release mode. I have the D5100 and it has the receivers built in and I use Nikon's remote. You more than likely would have to get a setup like the Yongnuo and have it trigger the camera.

Were you looking for something to trigger the camera or something to trigger flashes? I have these and I like them for what they are. They get the job done, but once I have some disposable income I will be getting the Pocket Wizard system to trigger my flashes. If you are talking about triggering the camera remotely, Nikon does make a remote but it's not compatible with your camera. I checked the manual and it doesn't have a remote release mode. I have the D5100 and it has the receivers built in and I use Nikon's remote. You more than likely would have to get a setup like the Yongnuo and have it trigger the camera.

To trigger the camera, the one I posted seems to do both camera and flash. I just need one for the camera though. The D3100 doesn't have IR support so none of the wireless remotes Nikon makes will work with it.

Any other suggestions other than the Yongnuo?

To trigger the camera, the one I posted seems to do both camera and flash. I just need one for the camera though. The D3100 doesn't have IR support so none of the wireless remotes Nikon makes will work with it.

Any other suggestions other than the Yongnuo?

Yea just make sure all the connections are compatible and you should be good. I would go with the Yongnuo for now. Price is good, build quality is good, and a ton of people swear by them. Mines works fine for me. Should do the trick for you.

Hey guys, so I'm looking or a wireless remote for my D3100 and it seems like Nikon doesn't make one. Does anyone have any experience with something like this, how well does it work?

Amazon product ASIN B004YW79F4

I also have a set of these. I bought two sets because they are cheap. 4 total means you can put one on two flashes if needed, attach one to the camera, and use one as a remote. They do not support TTL tho. As far as their performance with your camera I would just read the comments at the bottom of the Amazon.com page. I always look for user comments on Amazon.com before I make purchases on products I'm not familiar with.. I do agree that the Pocket Wizard system is better, but you can always grow into that later.

I also have a set of these. I bought two sets because they are cheap. 4 total means you can put one on two flashes if needed, attach one to the camera, and use one as a remote. They do not support TTL tho. As far as their performance with your camera I would just read the comments at the bottom of the Amazon.com page. I always look for user comments on Amazon.com before I make purchases on products I'm not familiar with.. I do agree that the Pocket Wizard system is better, but you can always grow into that later.

Why did you get 4 in total? With optical slave options on flashes I would've put the 30 towards a modifier or something. Not knocking it tho because that might have been a more ideal approach for you. Only drawback I have had with the trigger has been a slow response. What I mean by this is when I shoot at sync speed, 1/200, I start to see the shutter creep into my shot so I shoot at 1/160 instead. I don't know if this is a Yongnuo thing or if triggers in general have this lag.

Why did you get 4 in total? With optical slave options on flashes I would've put the 30 towards a modifier or something. Not knocking it tho because that might have been a more ideal approach for you. Only drawback I have had with the trigger has been a slow response. What I mean by this is when I shoot at sync speed, 1/200, I start to see the shutter creep into my shot so I shoot at 1/160 instead. I don't know if this is a Yongnuo thing or if triggers in general have this lag.

I have had experiences where i was using 1/200 and it was still to fast for a slave flash, leaving half of my photos a dark grey on one side. Thats why I got two sets, if I were ever in that situation again I could just hook both of them up to the flashes instead of using the slave setting.

I have had experiences where i was using 1/200 and it was still to fast for a slave flash, leaving half of my photos a dark grey on one side. Thats why I got two sets, if I were ever in that situation again I could just hook both of them up to the flashes instead of using the slave setting.

Do you shoot off camera flash often? I recently got a portable stand and umbrella for outside shoots. Any tips or tricks?

Back
Top Bottom