The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Came across a Canon 60D, 2 16gb SD cards, strap, cables, bag, remote shutter and charger for only $500. Looking to pick up today around 2, I'm upgrading from an xsi so it seems like a steal to me.

BH has the 60d brand new with a 16gb sandisk ultra card, canon bag, and spare battery for $599. I would pay the extra and go brand new but that's just me. I'm not big into buying used electronics.

Yeah I saw that on B&H last night. I went ahead and picked it up used, definitely an upgrade from what I had

So I'm looking to do some rolling shots in the next few days. I tested out my camera having it on shutter priority mode with the shutter speed at 1/40 and for some reason as I move it along it doesn't seem shoot continuously. I'm thinking it's because the focus is on manual/automatic. When I have it on manual it's fine but I'm not a pro and I just don't want to mess up this shoot. Has anyone done rolling shots before? I'm using a Nikon D3100 by the way.

Edit: I'm using a 18-200mm. I'm trying to reach that blurred effect also. I don't have a prime lens yet so my f/stop is down to 3.5 but I'm on the hunt for a 35mm.

Last edited:
came up upon a guy taking pics of his brand spanking new ferrari 458 spyder (dude was a hairdresser!) & food festival with fire dancers? (i'm sure there is more appropriate term for this) while i was out riding and testing out a cheap manual cctv lens (1.4 aperture tho!) on my camera...even with focus peaking it was difficult to tell what was in or out of focus

I've been contacted but never got a gig... im doing tfp tho
Make a casting call. It's free and you will be surprised how many people hit you up. Be prepared to be let down tho. The flakers run wild :smh:. My first casting call I had over 20 models say "I'm interested" most flaked and only ended up working with one that look nothing like her profile. :x I got Model Mayhem Catfished. Since then I changed up the formula and have had some success.

^^^^Used the 24mm and the last two is the nifty-fifty. The first 5 were actually all just using a reflector and natural light. Looks way better on the original file and everything was sharp. I think my edits made it look a tad too unnatural but I am rolling with it anyways. The last two were finally doing some off camera flash. Really fun stuff to do and learned a lot from it all and ow to shoot. The last photo was more for fun with the blue light in the back but I think I am going to finally pull the trigger on getting some flashes finally.

Damn, I used to check this thread religiously back in the day but it kinda died off for me.
Crazy seeing Mr Fongstarr and santio still doing their thing in here!
I've only checked one page, but that's hella dope fellas, keep it up.

Btw, Fongstarr I still remember the video you did with the Hidden Beach Electric Relaxation on it.
I've been getting into videos lately, and that video always serves as inspiration for my work.
If you don't mind, you think you could post it? Much Respect.

Damn, I used to check this thread religiously back in the day but it kinda died off for me.
Crazy seeing Mr Fongstarr and santio still doing their thing in here!
I've only checked one page, but that's hella dope fellas, keep it up.

Btw, Fongstarr I still remember the video you did with the Hidden Beach Electric Relaxation on it.
I've been getting into videos lately, and that video always serves as inspiration for my work.
If you don't mind, you think you could post it? Much Respect.

Haha.....inspiration? Thanks though. Haven't made videos in so long. Got into for like a half second cause the D90 was the first DSLR to shoot HD video but my old iMac crapped out on me and never got back into it.

I think one of these might be the videos you are talking about.

This version of the embed code is no longer supported. Learn more: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/embedding
In The Jungle, The Mighty Jungle from Fongstarr on Vimeo.

This version of the embed code is no longer supported. Learn more: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/embedding
All In A Nights Work from Fongstarr on Vimeo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom