The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Two new Nikon lenses announced:

AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR: Price: $1259.95
pic_001.jpg

AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED: Price: $2199.95
pic_001-1.jpg

Looking for a camera bag for my D40, the Nikon ones on ebay are extremely cheap just wondering if there's any problems with them, and if those aren't good you guys have any recommendations? Appreciate any help

This is actually the first picture I ever took with my camera, probably not that good, but this one I thought came out pretty cool
4343039496_281b8ec815.jpg

These are a couple of other pictures I thought were ok. I kinda just get these ideas sparked inside of me when I see certain things, but I don't know what I'm actually doing with the camera if that makes sense. So any help photography wise would be appreciated, or any suggestions. 

4343039604_1803d600e4.jpg

4343039528_bc8b0ea2b7.jpg

4342301907_01ba499a41.jpg

Hello Nter's.....I'm a D40 shooter and have been for the past 2yrs.  Like everyone else, I'm looking to upgrade soon...saving up for a full frame (nikon d700).  Anyways, here's some pix from my last trek.:
Somewhere on Route 66

sdgqvp.jpg

24mia34.jpg

21eq33m.jpg

2uh7sqt.jpg

30tnb4o.jpg

10n6q9x.jpg

2dgjk2x.jpg

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

pic_001.jpg

pic_001-1.jpg
laugh.gif
16-35mm f4? $1259? glad i went w/ canon

blah!
nikon lenses =
roll.gif

canon =
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

pic_001.jpg

pic_001-1.jpg
laugh.gif
16-35mm f4? $1259? glad i went w/ canon

blah!
nikon lenses =
roll.gif

canon =
pimp.gif

it's true.

and im not knocking the quality of the Nikon products, but the price is insane.. especially considering you can get exactly the same for cheaper with Canon.

Hey hey hey now guys. Don't start bashing Nikon until I left the sinking ship.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Just got an e-mail about a Canon Rebel T2i.....wth? I hate not having the newest of something
frown.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Can...d_r=1M4EP2ECXR9ZMREFMR74
Same.
eyes.gif
I have a in-store warranty with Future shop (bestbuy) I wonder if I could get lucky like Pat did and score a T2i if something's wrong with my T1i.
laugh.gif

Santi.....if you have the the 3 year warranty, it will be a given you'll upgrade as long as you "accidently" break your camera. I mean my friend said a Best Buy employee pretty much told him to buy the insurance so he could get a free upgrade in the long run. And since you only bought that camera a year ago, you'll probably end up with the T3i the way Canon is putting out cameras.

pic_001.jpg

pic_001-1.jpg

roll.gif

Canon's 16-35 f/2.8 is only $100 more BRAND NEW.

They think they're Carl Zeiss.
roll.gif

And I'm saying all this and I still love Nikon, but seriously? The Canon 85L (arguably one of the greatest lenses ever made) is less than Nikon's 24 f/1.4.

Wade187 - For your D40, unless you have more than 2-3 lenses, or if you have any expensive glass, or if you're trekking through Antartica, then a Nikon bag will be just fine. Find a bag that's comfortable to carry, holds your gear, and it isn't a pain to get your gear out of. Keep in mind keeping filters, a Giottos blower, a flash, and anything else you may get in the near future. I have a 1Ds Mark II and I'm keeping it, my flash, my 50, and my 35-80 in one of the plan Nikon-esque shoulder bags. It barely fits, but it works for now, although my Nikon stuff is sitting in a box.
eyes.gif

Santi.....if you have the the 3 year warranty, it will be a given you'll upgrade as long as you "accidently" break your camera. I mean my friend said a Best Buy employee pretty much told him to buy the insurance so he could get a free upgrade in the long run. And since you only bought that camera a year ago, you'll probably end up with the T3i the way Canon is putting out cameras.

Care to elaborate more on this.. I just recently purchased my T1i, and bought the 4 year warranty... How do the "free" upgrades work with this??

Originally Posted by dstylezs

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

Care to elaborate more on this.. I just recently purchased my T1i, and bought the 4 year warranty... How do the "free" upgrades work with this??

It's not so much an upgrade but more of a policy that will more than likely be abused. My friend told me that the Best Buy employee said that on the last year of your warranty, just break the camera somehow (make it look unintentional of course) and since by the time the T1i will no longer be available at their store, they will more than likely give you an equivalent which going to be a newer and better camera.

I think Quick had a 40D and received a 50D as a replacement. In his case it wasn't a total upgrade but it is a newer model nonetheless.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Looking for a camera bag for my D40, the Nikon ones on ebay are extremely cheap just wondering if there's any problems with them, and if those aren't good you guys have any recommendations? Appreciate any help

I really like Case Logic stuff - it always just seems really well put together and I haven't had a problem in about 2 years of throwing mine around.

This one is perfect with just a reasonable size lens:

10593488.jpg

They do bigger ones if you have a zoom or want more pockets - I have 2 separate bags that I clip on with carabiners - just means I can carry the whole lot if I want or just grab my camera. I find that better than carrying a big bag around all the time.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

AirPhillipines, anymore desktop-sized pictures of the bay like that? I'm feeling some of the ones you posted.

Sorry man those were it from my min-vacay. Thanks though

Anyone not use a strap? I never liked it cuz it gets in the way so i don't use it.

I feel like I would never drop it. I got a death grip on that thang.

can you guys tell me which one would be better? canon 7d or nikon d300s? i'm upgrading from a d40. i don't have that much invested in glass, so switching to canon wouldn't be too much of a loss when buying new glass. i wish i could go full frame tho.

also, if i did switch to canon. what lens should i be looking into?

Back
Top Bottom