The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

They are known to be faulty on delivery in some cases. If you can return it, do it ASAP.

Had one die on me after a few uses
but still love the yongnuos

That's what I ended up doing. Amazon has a real hassle free return system and literally purchased another one and it's coming Saturday. I even took it to a shop and what help they were. Told me I needed a camera to test it on and I had my Canon M, asked me if I knew if it was compatible to my camera and I just started at him......then by the end of it, they said I should buy one from them that is $250.

wahts a good way to editing pics?

is it essential to always shoot in raw if i will start doing so. i never done any post processing/editing.

is there a good free program to start off with.

I think a lot of people shoot raw but I am still not one of them for some reason. I just feel editing JPEGs are easier and RAW files on photoshop seem to lack color even though you get some minor detail in it. I think RAW is better for when you shoot outside and the clouds are over exposed from the sun but JPEGs imo are fine for the most part.

http://pixlr.com/editor/

I believe the main utility of shooting raw is you get a basically neutral color profile in a denser file the should have more information than a high quality jpeg that is (in theory, I guess this if you know what you want & what you're doing) more flexible to being edited...shooting raw is overkill, especially if you like the way your camera processes jpegs but it has it's advantages and depending on the camera, allows for an uncropped, unprocessed image. i've gotten in the habit of taking pictures in the raw+jpeg setting just to see the difference

If only I could make blurry shots sharp editing with RAW. I remember watching a video on Youtube of Adobe working on some algorithm to do just that. When's that happening? haha.

Found it:

Edit:

:wow: :nerd:

Apparently t's already available but only available on Photoshop CC. (Creative Cloud) subscription based suite. Gotta try it out, since my school made me sign up for CC anyway...

Last edited:
If only I could make blurry shots sharp editing with RAW. I remember watching a video on Youtube of Adobe working on some algorithm to do just that. When's that happening? haha.

Found it:

Edit:

:wow: :nerd:

Apparently t's already available but only available on Photoshop CC. (Creative Cloud) subscription based suite. Gotta try it out, since my school made me sign up for CC anyway...

if only...that is pretty awesome, looks like an even better/more evolved version of unsharp mask.

If anyone needs a Incase camera bag, get it now:

Today only and until 6pm pst.

Some nice images up in here ...

I agree Fong, you coudn't find the perfect puddle for that image .... just the right size and shape ...... if I was there I would of have gone as far as removing the weed .. just me ....you should try to send that to the local sunday paper - they might publish it .. serious ....

So what did y'all cop during the 50% off incase deal?

Had to get the Ari Marcopoulos bag 50% off :pimp:

I hope everyone got on their on their mailing list cause their site either crashed or went down from other issues that day. Anyways.....I have a code that will last me till the end of the December. I am going to cop the pro backpack in the long run. For those series trecks out and about since my regular Incase sling is taking a beating from all the stuff I have.

One last photo from Dog Patch area yesterday. Tried to get to the old warehouse in the back but they must have just gated the area to get out there. Weak.

dog-patch-1.jpg

Some nice images up in here ...

I agree Fong, you coudn't find the perfect puddle for that image .... just the right size and shape ...... if I was there I would of have gone as far as removing the weed .. just me ....you should try to send that to the local sunday paper - they might publish it .. serious ....

Dude....nice photo. Care to explain the lighting setup? Was it just one light source? Flash? Multiple flash?

Back
Top Bottom