The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by That guy Max

just trying out my new camera at the park
Canon 40d + sigma 70-200

Very nice sir.
pimp.gif

anyone have any wallpaper sized 1440 x 900 or larger shots of LA or downtown LA? that would be greatly appreciated <3

Originally Posted by mjbetch

anyone have any wallpaper sized 1440 x 900 or larger shots of LA or downtown LA? that would be greatly appreciated <3
Took this @ The Grove last summer. 
ohwell.gif
nyso6q.jpg

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I need help my girl birthday is coming up in May and she wants a digital SRL type of camera? Which ones are good?

Budget is probably 400 max
With that budget I highly recommend looking for a Olympus E-510 with the dual lens kit for about 400-450 on eBay.  OR, try to find a deal on an Canon XS or D40.  The reason why I say Olympus is because it is really overlooked by those starting out.  Firstly the Image Stabiilzation is built into the camera body, you get live view, and it ias a awesome dust reduction system.  I went D40 to Oly, and I can attest to how nice the kit glass is.  Much better than the kit lens that came with the Canon XTi (which it was bing compared to).  Check eBay and you will find some great deals where both kit lenses are included. 

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

I need help my girl birthday is coming up in May and she wants a digital SRL type of camera? Which ones are good?

Budget is probably 400 max
With that budget I highly recommend looking for a Olympus E-510 with the dual lens kit for about 400-450 on eBay.  OR, try to find a deal on an Canon XS or D40.  The reason why I say Olympus is because it is really overlooked by those starting out.  Firstly the Image Stabiilzation is built into the camera body, you get live view, and it ias a awesome dust reduction system.  I went D40 to Oly, and I can attest to how nice the kit glass is.  Much better than the kit lens that came with the Canon XTi (which it was bing compared to).  Check eBay and you will find some great deals where both kit lenses are included. 

Or even just give her a $400 gift certificate to Best Buy and hopefully she stacks more cash on her birthday and then she can get something a little higher then your budget.

That's a really good idea, although I'm not trying to spend an high amount because she's not that much of a photographer. so either 500-600 is max, or should I just go for what lazybonejone suggested?

If you can tell me how to host my photos bigger than a large size on flickr without losing IQ I have 3 for you.

That's a really good idea, although I'm not trying to spend an high amount because she's not that much of a photographer. so either 500-600 is max, or should I just go for what lazybonejone suggested?

It's all preference really. I am not sure if he replied to get an Olympus because of your budget restrictions but just as far as the masses goes, Nikon and Canon are the most used. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are better but they do have more to offer as far as lenses go or even other accessories. I would say go for what he did say and get a Canon XS or Nikon D40. Those are good entry level cameras and should be within your budget.

Here is one on E-bay for $329. Not sure if they are legit but they have a 100% positive feeback:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D40-w-18-...wItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item414cf6c259

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

It's all preference really. I am not sure if he replied to get an Olympus because of your budget restrictions but just as far as the masses goes, Nikon and Canon are the most used. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are better but they do have more to offer as far as lenses go or even other accessories. I would say go for what he did say and get a Canon XS or Nikon D40. Those are good entry level cameras and should be within your budget.

Here is one on E-bay for $329. Not sure if they are legit but they have a 100% positive feeback:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D40-w-18-...wItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item414cf6c259
You've got 3 hours on this one: Nikon D40x kit. It gives you 4 more MP so if you want to do a big print, you can. More than likely, the extra 4MP will be used to cropping images and retaining IQ. I'm going to suggest NOT going Olympus if she has an interest in pursuing photography farther than a couple of months or just using it like a point-and-shoot camera. The reason I recommend that is because Nikon and Canon have excellent glass and have been doing it extremely well for decades. If she decides she wants another lens, she'll be more likely to find it, and the lens be nearly perfect, by going with Canon or Nikon.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

You've got 3 hours on this one: Nikon D40x kit. It gives you 4 more MP so if you want to do a big print, you can. More than likely, the extra 4MP will be used to cropping images and retaining IQ. I'm going to suggest NOT going Olympus if she has an interest in pursuing photography farther than a couple of months or just using it like a point-and-shoot camera. The reason I recommend that is because Nikon and Canon have excellent glass and have been doing it extremely well for decades. If she decides she wants another lens, she'll be more likely to find it, and the lens be nearly perfect, by going with Canon or Nikon.
Thanks a lot guys, although I missed out on those I will definitely keep an eye out on ebay

so many good things going on in here. you guys inspired me to get my work done faster so i can get back to having some free time to shoot

Can anyone recommend me a good bag?

Preferably a messenger style bag. not too big and not too expensive(less than $100).

I would like it to carry the following:

Gripped Canon 40d with Sigma 70-200 2.8 mounted
Canon Nifty 50mm
and maybe a 430ex speedlite.
Filters, pens, extra lens caps etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keep shooting NT...

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

If you can tell me how to host my photos bigger than a large size on flickr without losing IQ I have 3 for you.

haha! i think all you have to do is upload the original photo, or the photo with the size you want and that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom