The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

2m44s1x.jpg

2922w5t.jpg

dz7607.jpg

Switched over to the dark side no more expensive nikon for me... Pick up a T1I to see how it goes couldn't resist the package best buy had The Kitç250mm lens+Sandisk 8GB 15mb/s card plus my rewards 12% off so i only paid about 8 and change
pimp.gif
.. D90 wasnt my cup of tea.. With cannon's cheap len's and and SHARPER picture i couldnt go wrong.. I already notice the difference.. The video is
pimp.gif
here is a PROMO video for my sites that i made and some pics i took with it.. also picked up an LED light which is
pimp.gif
for club photos/video.. picked it up for 30 bux at best buy im loving it ..

(Shooting during video is decent kind of hard not to get a steady shot)

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Switched over to the dark side no more expensive nikon for me... Pick up a T1I to see how it goes couldn't resist the package best buy had The Kit�250mm lens+Sandisk 8GB 15mb/s card plus my rewards 12% off so i only paid about 8 and change
pimp.gif
.. D90 wasnt my cup of tea.. With cannon's cheap len's and and SHARPER picture i couldnt go wrong.. I already notice the difference.. The video is
pimp.gif
here is a PROMO video for my sites that i made and some pics i took with it.. also picked up an LED light which is
pimp.gif
for club photos/video.. picked it up for 30 bux at best buy im loving it ..

Okay, I'm just gonna say it. This thread is the most mature on NT, but this is just silly.

Didn't you JUST get that D90? After having the D40 for a few months? And now the T1i, knowing that the T2i will be releasing soon? And why didn't you just pick up a Sunpak flash for $50 at Best Buy? That LED is awful. I'm also pretty sure we've all covered how awful ANY 55-200/250 lens is. For clubs, you need an external flash. An LED is going to eat batteries and it's not going to provide any fill light-- it's just going to be a flashlight, essentially. I don't know how else to say it, but you're wasting money and putting the blame of "SHARPER" images on the camera. The D40 is a beautifully sharp camera and does just fine for 11 x 17 prints.

No more expensive Nikon for you? Really? You say that like you spent so much money on glass. Fong over here is killin' it with his D90, but somehow you thought that getting yet another camera would fix things? The shot you just posted of that girl in the RRR shirt is a prime example-- it's overexposed and OOF.

I think we tried really hard to be gentle here, but you're not listening, and I don't expect you to listen to this either. I'm not really hating on you, I'm speaking from experience. I too switched from Nikon to Canon, but I did some research, took some time to think (6 months), saved some money, and bought a used Canon 1Ds Mark II for $1.9K. What you've done is purchased two current entry-level cameras, and a prosumer/hobbyist model in between.

/rant.

^Good /rant but my ignorance can only be helped by you guys...

Few points I have to point out though..

Best Buy gives me the option to switch my cams alot so I'm actually testing cameras to see what I actually like I had the D5000 which was fine but was freezy to me(might have been a faulty cam).. D90 GREAT control and advance handling way to heavy for club photos and glass as you said and has been said many times in this post. And in my research are just too expensive with nikon.. I invest my money many places and to be honest I really am lazy when it comes to spending on photog gear. I would never pay some of the nikon prices for a sharp crisp lens for portraits and softcore photos.. I did my research and reasons I bought the t1i is because it's light compared to the d90 it's 300 cheaper..It has the same class sensor.. Only downside it doesn't produce a better picture with the 15mp which is given since MP doesn't matter much at all.. Much simpler to get a nice resulting picture and the 1080p just seals the deal.. As far as the t2i I have the option to upgrade when a new model of similiar value is released..

And of course a 55/200-250 lens Is horrible for club photos it's a zoom lens.. I use the kid 18mm-55mm that lens is for me to have leverage for trade when I buy s lens sutible lens for the types of photos I take..

Although It may not seem like it but I have Learned a little from this thread I have Improved on trying to improve my WB and exposures etc.

The LED is for VIDEO which it works very well with.. I have a Speed flash I use..

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Yeah....I only have 3 lenses. 35mm, 10.5mm Fish and the kit VR lens.

The only other lens I would get that is a Nikkon is the 14-24mm f/2.8G ED but it is way out of my budget. Also it just doesn't seem like a practical walk around lens.

D3S_4394-d300.jpg

You dont like the Tokina 11-16?

can someone link me to the site where people upload photos using specific cameras/lenses?

thanks in advance.

Man theres some really beautiful shots in here. Ive always wanted totake up photography as a hobby, just need to wait a little until imolder and have a steady job so i can afford a decent set up
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Man theres some really beautiful shots in here. Ive always wanted totake up photography as a hobby, just need to wait a little until imolder and have a steady job so i can afford a decent set up
ohwell.gif

If you were to buy one right now what would be your budget?

I try not to post to many sneaker pictures in here, but here are a couple. I took one of my flips to match a picture I took last year of my black cements.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

of course, peep my flickr for more. (in the sig)

Dope dope dope series, Bana. The lighting is awesome. The yellow lines, cement, and the dress+heels really make for some nice contrast.

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I'm between the 35mm f/1.8 and 50mm f/1.8.

I'm working with a D5000 btw.

Suggestions?
35mm f1.8 for sure. You're shooting on a 1.5x crop body so the effective focal-length is actually about 75mm. On my D40x, (1.4x crop) the 50mm wasn't wide enough for the kinds of shots I wanted as far as portraits are concerned. The 35mm f/1.8 should be about an effective 52.5mm lens, much more appropriate. Now that I'm using a 50mm f/1.8 on a FF body (1x), I don't know why I never picked up the 35mm f/1.8. On the other hand, you can get a MF 50mm f/1.8 for about 40 bucks, and the AF 50mm f/1.8 for $100.

I still think it's worth the extra hundred for the 35mm f/1.8G, though.

Back
Top Bottom