The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^What he said. I shot those 2 above with the 35mm. Not only is it a tad wider but it is just more user friendly as a walk around lens. The 50mm just has an odd range where you always tend to have to be way further from your subject matter then you might expect. 35mm you can generally capture things only a couple of feet away from you.

And Bana.....that set came out great. Lighting just seems spot on.

pimp.gif

I appreciate the help. Definitely going to go for the 35mm. Hopefully if things go right, I should have it by the end of the week.

Been lurking forever, but this is my first time posting.  C&C appreciated.  Just some pics from last weekend at NBA All-Star Weekend.

hey fam, quick question and since this is the photography thread, i wanted to know your guys opinion. im a newb at photography but i know i love it and i wanted to know which you guys prefer ,Canon Eos lines/series or Nikons D series?

I guess the new rage with camera companies right now are these micro DSLRs.

500x_sonyalphaconcept.jpg

samsungnx.jpg

^^^Well, this Samsung isn't really a DSLR cause it has a electronic viewfinder, but it is geared towards that audience nonetheless.

But don't think these are what it is cracked up to be. Read the review on the Panasonic Lumix micro DSLR vs a Canon XT. I can see people getting into to these just for compact preference.

panasonicG1_main_2.jpg

http://i.gizmodo.com/5092...icro-four-thirds-digicam

Conclusion

I am optimistic about Micro Four Thirds, but there's just no reason anyone should buy a G1. Less money could get you a real DSLR that is, for all practical purposes, the same size. The G1's digital viewfinder is excellent, but it's no comparison to looking at the real world as you shoot. Factor in the G1's relatively poor high-ISO performance and tiny lens selection and it's a no brainer.

Yeah, I feel like I'd break those real quick. My P&S cameras usually failed me in a few months.

Btw, I tried out the 35mm that my uncle let me borrow for now.
This thing's %@!%+## nice. 
pimp.gif

Hopefully by Wednesday I'll be the proud owner of a Canon AE-1, 50mm f/1.4, 135mm f/3.5, and a Sigma 70-210 for [get this] $89.
pimp.gif

Gotta love the older folks getting rid of their photo gear on CL.

Oh, and I'm not jumping on the micro-4/3 thing. If I want something small and capable, I'll buy a Canon G10 or I'll just take my D40x sans grip with the kit lens. It's basically my new point and shoot now anyways, and it only has about 8K actuations, and it wouldn't sell for even $300 (about the price of a solid P&S). Plus, those lenses look like those old pancake lenses/ Lomo lenses, ready to break when encountering the pressure of a dog's fart.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

Originally Posted by DJ bana

Some random ##@ from my Flickr.

3814741205_402d953551.jpg

3795167132_a1d4fff486.jpg

3490724114_a0522b3c20.jpg

3689382941_6b24a1b73c.jpg
wow.

what do you shoot with?
Nikon D40 + 50mm f/1.8 and
Canon Rebel XTI kit 18-55 and some lame 18-200 that came with the kit for the giraffe shot.
pimp.gif
Props my man,  I'm using a D90 right now and I always feel like I got better shots outta my d40

you sir, are very very talented

....what a lovely eye you have.

ps, i love mr. oizo. postif- pink is punk remix =
pimp.gif

Mr. Oizo is the dude. That Lambs Anger EP was piff.
pimp.gif

Some more random stuff. My bad for the image overload.

4090357921_ac23d60808.jpg

4091125142_65b09330fc.jpg

3808353448_f0cee260b9.jpg

3798113414_ae477682fa.jpg

3490702920_878f8dbd9d.jpg

3255949373_1786cab587.jpg

3235156786_4ced0ffaaa.jpg

I want to cop a 10.5mm fisheye but Nikon's prices are
sick.gif
I'm wanting to sell my Rebel XTI and D40 and put the money towards a D300. No point in really having two cameras but going through the trouble of selling everything just seems like to much of a hassle.

get a 5D instead.

you'd do some srs damage.

loveall  the ones of the nature with the insane sunlight. is that you?

& DRich- love those shots. especially the last one.
the first two, i can't get over the crop on the feet. i had a friend (who is an amazing photographer, so i take all her advice) tell me to avoid cropping feet/hands.. so i always try to shoot with that in mind.

I haven't read much about the 5D so what would be some obvious advantages over going Nikon? Besides losing the rape prices of Nikon lenses. I just seem to prefer Nikon's layout of everything and their menus more.

There's some beautiful spots around here if you go out early enough to catch the sunlight. And yes that's me with the fro.

3689303975_e1aefab839.jpg

Morning sunrise is popping.
pimp.gif

244cx0z.jpg

30w105h.jpg

16260du.jpg

my little sister all of a sudden got the urge to do some "modeling." lol

i've never really done photography like this but i guess it turned out ok.

I haven't read much about the 5D so what would be some obvious advantages over going Nikon? Besides losing the rape prices of Nikon lenses. I just seem to prefer Nikon's layout of everything and their menus more.

There's some beautiful spots around here if you go out early enough to catch the sunlight. And yes that's me with the fro.
Morning sunrise is popping.
pimp.gif
so nice! i live close to the beach, we dont have meadows and pretty hills or anything like that.
but hm, i mean.. lenses are the main difference. there is a lot more variety with canon lenses, and also compatibility. the 5D Mark II is just a beast of a camera (imo)... i've used the d300 and d700, but i just wasn't too crazy about them. i had used a nikon film camera for a long time, but stuck to canon for digital. i prefer the userface of canon > nikon, but again.. that's just personal preference.

I have to say though...if there is one thing that I do like about Nikon, it is the user interface. But that can be easily overlooked when buying a camera.

Oizo....good stuff dude. I was just talking to someone the other day on how I am losing my photo eye. Some good inspiration to look at.

Oh...can I ask the photo process of this photo (if you did any):

3798113414_ae477682fa.jpg

Did you sharpen this? There seems to be a graininess that I really like in these type of photos.

I might have to head over to Ritz or something and play around with some different Canons.

@Fongstarr

Thanks homie.  I usually always just do a little bit of sharpening on all my photos. Then on top of that a curve level in Photoshop to make things pop a little. Maybe a layer of a darker yellow on like darken at 30% to even out the white letting and make it a little more yellow and softer.

Winter is really getting to me though. I rarely pick up my camera more then twice a week to go do something. I'm just on that hermit mode straight chilling in bed all day. Seeing some stuff in here has really made me want to pick the camera out and do some stuff though. Good stuff everyone.

Back
Top Bottom