The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Usually like your images but this one does nothing for me. The fact that you have that pole splitting the images add to my displeasure. However, that's just me ... If u love it it's cool. I often love images that people would not give a second look ...

It's a photo. I don't love it or hate it. Went to some cliff side in SF and happened to see these posts The rock area didn't allow me to really go back farther. The idea was just to show perspective but I see how the poles are distracting. I just thought it was odd they were there in the first place. Like 2 steel pieces right in the middle of no where. Also would have been better if the sun was in the middle, but sometimes it is what it is when you are dealing with nature.

Hopefully I'll get some stuff this weekend. Missed out on a lot of photo opportunities in SF, so I have to go out and get what I can find.

just some recent shots for you guys.

8c95925d-9bcb-4d48-ab0d-515b61eca250.jpg

Where's this spot? SF?

attempted to channel my inner Fong last night at this jim jones show

Nice. Did you get a stage pass to shoot from that angle?

I am actually going to be posting a blog about shooting concert photos. Not that I am an expert but just like simple little things to bring and what to expect at hip-hop shows and how to shoot them. I should have it up by hopefully Sunday on The Hundreds site.

Thought it might be helpful
 Have you ever seen an image online and instead of gawking at how beautiful it was, you wondered the exposure levels or the type of camera the photographer used. If so, EXIF Viewer is the application for Google Chrome that you have been looking for. This application allows individuals to find intricate information about any photo they come across online, down to the camera used, along with geolocation information if available. This is a great application for writers and individuals looking to improve their photography.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/exif-viewer/mmbhfeiddhndihdjeganjggkmjapkffm?hl=en

Last edited:
I am actually going to be posting a blog about shooting concert photos. Not that I am an expert but just like simple little things to bring and what to expect at hip-hop shows and how to shoot them. I should have it up by hopefully Sunday on The Hundreds site.
yo fong be sure to post it here when it's up!  ill be checking it out for sure. i suck when it comes to show/concert photography so any tips would greatly help. 

Couple weeks back Oddisee had a free show at the Touch Vinyl record shop/music venue... pretty memorable experience I must say.

If you haven't checked out this dudes work, you really should!

Might as well join this thread 
happy.gif
 Interesting photos, I see 
pimp.gif

Did this a while back, for my photography subject last year. 

EDIT: Gonna share some more lol

Some of the pictures that I took for my finals for the same subject. 

Last edited:
yo fong be sure to post it here when it's up!  ill be checking it out for sure. i suck when it comes to show/concert photography so any tips would greatly help. 

Haven't bought a P&S yet but I think I'm going to Cop the RX100M3 on release date. Just not sure if for the 800 bucks I can get something better.

Haven't bought a P&S yet but I think I'm going to Cop the RX100M3 on release date. Just not sure if for the 800 bucks I can get something better.

i too was thinking about gettting that rx100m3 (the pop up viewfinder is sweet & should be super useful) but $800+ for a point & shoot , even one as good as this is suppose to be, is probably not worth it...on the flip side both the rx100 & rx100m2 should enjoy a precipitous drop and only slightly less good...

To the last 3 people, check out the Sony RX1 if you haven't already. Granted, although price is much different, if you can save for a good used one, you probably should!

Last edited:
thanks Fong, yea i got a pass the day of, pretty cool experience. and ill def be looking forward to that blog!

Some random shots from the past week or so.

Also, I tried shooting with the kit lens again yesterday after shooting exclusively with a 35 f/1.8 for a few months. It could just be me, but I felt like the kit lens wasn't even close to the prime in terms of image quality. I appreciated being able to zoom again, but I don't think I could go back to using the kit. What have you guys done with your kit lenses and what's a good replacement for it?

who is piloting the drone camera? is that a drone w/a camera?? a for the kit zoom, its probably a good idea to keep it for those times a zoom may be necessary if you don't have other zooms in the same range...i was reading that the kit lenses that come with modern cameras are relatively good but for whatever reason the advice for folks to discard their kit lenses IMMEDIATELY persists...and given raw format & post processing access it should be even less of an issue?

To the last 3 people, check out the Sony RX1 if you haven't already. Granted, although price is much different, if you can save for a good used one, you probably should!

yea the rx1 is said to be a great camera, it isn't really a point & shoot though? and as you said it is more than 2-3 times the price of a new rx100m3 --- even second hand, it still goes for about the same or more than the new a7 & a7r, plus you don't get to swap lenses (though its fixed 35mm zeiss lens is highly praised) and the rx100s are zooms.

honestly, it seems the best value would be a used rx100, even with all the nice additions to the rx100m3 it is harder to see how that would be money well spent...unless you just had to have a versatile, small, lowlight shooter (faster lens on the rx100m3, but decrerased zoom range) p&s without having to compromise too much on image quality; i guess it really would be dependent on how you want to use it though...because you could get a decent p&s for much less...

who is piloting the drone camera? is that a drone w/a camera?? a for the kit zoom, its probably a good idea to keep it for those times a zoom may be necessary if you don't have other zooms in the same range...i was reading that the kit lenses that come with modern cameras are relatively good but for whatever reason the advice for folks to discard their kit lenses IMMEDIATELY persists...and given raw format & post processing access it should be even less of an issue?

It looked like a GoPro mounted to some sort of R/C helicopter type thing. It was a group of friends just taking turns doing what I assume was yoga poses. One person would pose while the others passed around the remote.

Yeah, I plan on keeping the kit lens until I get a replacement. I was thinking about perhaps selling the kit lens and picking up a replacement. A friend of mine did that and ended up purchasing a Sigma 17-50 f/2.8. I looked that up and it's a little more than I'd like to spend right now. Any more affordable recommendations that are a step up from the standard Nikon 18-55 kit?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom