The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Looks good, lots of open unused space though.

I've been copped up in my house for far too long. Thinking of shooting models and products once I concoct a good set up in the near future. I also have a Halloween themed shot I want to take. Any tips for self portraits? I have a wireless app for my tablet so I can frame it but I seem to never take a good selfie for my satisfaction

Looks good, lots of open unused space though.
Yea. I just like the wide angle look of it.

I do have a similar one where the car is closer that has less unused space:

15428011446_7de8dbb671_b.jpg

Unless you wanna go on eBay and get a kit with lights, backdrop, and umbrellas for about 170. Quality might not be top but it's in your range

Do you guys have your own studi, renting one, or what?

I used to have access to one but I lost the guys number and I'm looking for another now?

When you posted this in the car thread I was going to ask if you had any extra lighting set up but I'm assuming the parking lot was just light up in that way?
Yea it was just lit up a little bit. And i didn't have a tripod so i set the camera on some railing. turned out ok but could definitely be better next time i go up there

First time with film in a while.. Canon AE program

This pic would've been too dope, there was a nun standing the door way sweeping and the second she looked up and saw me with my camera out she back off into the shadow to the right of the door way- you could still see her staring at me if it wasn't underexposed.
mad.gif

Reactions: hod
I second an Alien Bees setup, but a 800 over a 400. I do shoots at the beach and depending on the times sometime my 800 barely can do the job. It will need an external power source if shooting outdoors on location. Bottom line... $200 its a bit low unless going with a Yongnuo/Umbrella setup. It is definitely capable depending on the ambient lighting situation but will probably be shooting at full power the whole time. That will cause slow recycle times and overheating.

Ok. And how many flashes do you have on it one or two?

Might cop that before Christmas time before I take any family Christmas portraits

Last edited:
Ok. And how many flashes do you have on it one or two?

Might cop that before Christmas time before I take any family Christmas portraits
I say go for it. I actually did an in studio session that lasted me like 6 hrs with 3 strobes and it was fine. Using your modeling lamps will drain the battery but other than that no probs.

Back
Top Bottom