The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

My weapons of choice is a double wielding two mkiiis on a moneymaker strap one with the 24LII and the other with the 50L...

Can practically shoot an entire wedding with that set up....then every now and then pop in the 70-200 or the 35L or 24L TS

Sheesh.

So I finally made the 6D purchase. Will have the 70D, 6D, 17-40 , and 24-105 in my arsenal. Looking to grab that 85mmand will probably dump the 17-40 for a 24-70. I would be interested to hear what everyone else is using to kind of update us.

Welcome to the 6D club :smokin I've had mine since the middle of this year and love it.

My weapons of choice is a double wielding two mkiiis on a moneymaker strap one with the 24LII and the other with the 50L...

Can practically shoot an entire wedding with that set up....then every now and then pop in the 70-200 or the 35L or 24L TS

On the 24mm, what aperture do you shoot at? f/2.0. I feel like focus aims odd and makes other parts of bodies bokeh out. The 50mm you don't have to worry as much cause of the range but the 24mm, you can get some odd shots where the eyes and everything are focues but the top of their heads are blurred. Shooting at f/3.5 though is just not the same.

Sheesh.

So I finally made the 6D purchase. Will have the 70D, 6D, 17-40 , and 24-105 in my arsenal. Looking to grab that 85mmand will probably dump the 17-40 for a 24-70. I would be interested to hear what everyone else is using to kind of update us.

I shoot with a 5DM2 and T3i, Canon 24-105L, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4. I rent the 70-200/2.8, 100 macro and/or 24-70/2.8 when shooting certain events. I want to purchase the lenses I rent but I rarely have a need for them and plus the prices are stupid :smh: . I may end up switching to some Sigma glass. Their art series is awesome.

^^^^I rent as well. Has save me from purchasing dumb lenses. I really wanted the 14mm Canon L but that thing had such bad issues with lens flares on any lighting situation. Also shot hated the 100mm L and even the 24-70mm. I did like the 135mm a lot though and of course the 85mm 1.2. I think given what I have (24mm L and 50mmL with 5DMK3), I am going to either purchase the 16-35mm finally or the Canon 11-24mm that seems to becoming out soon. $3000 price tag seems crazy though. Wish it wasn't an f/4 either. Don't know why they can't just match what Nikon made with the 12-24mm f/2.8.

canon1124.jpg

We’ve received a couple of more confirmations from people that the EF 11-24 f/4L we first reported back in August is in fact legit. The speculation on pricing for the EF 11-24 f/4L seems to be consistent across the board at around $3000 USD.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/10/more-canon-lens-mentions-cr2/

Do I need a flash for indoor event photography? Got some gigs but I have never done anything indoors before lol. Im guessing ima need an external flash or something.

Do I need a flash for indoor event photography? Got some gigs but I have never done anything indoors before lol. Im guessing ima need an external flash or something.

unless the space is well lit you need a flash. And by well lit I mean bright

IG so frustrating or im just OCD. I hate the crop but I hate the borders and unorganized look with no crop. Ugh

IG so frustrating or im just OCD. I hate the crop but I hate the borders and unorganized look with no crop. Ugh

I rather deal with the IG crop than use a third party app to bypass the crop, it just looks so much neater when all your pics have the same crop.

Yea. If I know I'm going to want to put a pic on IG I just compose the shot to compensate for the crop. Sometimes I forget and pay the price

Shot a concert with the 40mm pancake.. the nifty fifty has nothing on this..

This might as well be a a "cine" lens compared to the rest of the Canon line up.

@Mr Fongstarr getting a shout out from Nicky Diamond.. Good ish!

Thanks G. Actually he followed me cause I did a blog post on his shop on The Hundreds. He must have just saw that photo out of no where cause I even tagged him in on the photo back on February. One cool thing came out of it though......Bryce Kanight, skateboard photographer, follows me now. That was a pleasant surprise.

Shot these today after work.

friday-night-lights-1.png
friday-night-lights-2.png

Back
Top Bottom