The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

OTHERWISE, IM MAKING MY 1ST TRIP TO NY NEXT WEEK, I PLAN ON SHOOTING EVERYTHING!

ANY PARTICULAR LOCATIONS I NEED TO VISIT WITHIN THE MANHATTAN AREA???
Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller, etc.
But don't limit yourself to just Manhattan!

I think DUMBO is a pretty photogenic spot in particular.

Ironically, I've lived right outside NYC my whole life but I've never really gone with the intent of shooting. There's a lot of things to see aside from the usual tourist attractions.

@bigslim that's nice this is one I did a couple days ago
2qxyuqq.jpg

THANKS! CLEAN SHOT!

Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller, etc.
But don't limit yourself to just Manhattan!

I think DUMBO is a pretty photogenic spot in particular.

Ironically, I've lived right outside NYC my whole life but I've never really gone with the intent of shooting. There's a lot of things to see aside from the usual tourist attractions.

OK THANKS! I THINK WE WILL DO MANHATTAN FOR A DAY OR 2 THEN VENTURE OUT TO BK, QUEENS, BRONX, ETC.

Hey guys.  First off, Merry Xmas
nthat.gif

Second just got this guy as a gift. 

Any big reason to think about secretly exchanging it for a t4i or t5i?  A quick google search and I saw some differences are touch screen and a few spec bumps.  Anything noteworthy Im missing?

Thanks Fellas.    Also, time to get that pancake lens
devil.gif

Hey guys.  First off, Merry Xmas :nthat:

Second just got this guy as a gift. 

Any big reason to think about secretly exchanging it for a t4i or t5i?  A quick google search and I saw some differences are touch screen and a few spec bumps.  Anything noteworthy Im missing?

Thanks Fellas.    Also, time to get that pancake lens :evil:

happy photoging, #clutch screen name, i still murk a bag of those week!!!

Thanks Fellas.    Also, time to get that pancake lens :evil:
I've heard the T4/5i aren't a huge improvement over the T3i, but I have no experience with any of the cameras. Maybe keep the T3i and spend the money you save on glass?

Canon 700D (T5i) vs 600D (T3i) - Which One Should…:

Last edited:
I've heard the T4/5i aren't a huge improvement over the T3i, but I have no experience with any of the cameras. Maybe keep the T3i and spend the money you save on glass?

Canon 700D (T5i) vs 600D (T3i) - Which One Should…:

Thanks man.  Yea Im getting that 24mm pancake asap.  Wondering if I should keep that telephoto.  Besides creepin what else you guys use those for?  Lol

Feels good to have my laptop up and running again. Newegg plays no games. I  ordered my new hard drive on Monday and in all the Christmas Eve craziness I didn't realize it arrived yesterday. I haven't been shooting RAW the past few days because I had no access to Lightroom. 

Merry Christmas once again!

Im looking to pick up is Nikon D3200 package on sale at Best Buy this week possibly as my first DSLR. Anyone have experience using these and if it would be a good beginner package?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-d...lack/3643029.p?id=1219092579150&skuId=3643029
I got the same kit last year and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I picked up the cheap Nikon 35mm lens at the start of this year and it's on my camera 90% of the time. The only time I use the 18-55 kit lens is if I really need a wider focal length because of limited space. And I'll be honest, I RARELY use the 55-200mm. Then again all of this might not apply to you. I know some people swear kit lenses are garbage and picking up body-only is the way to go. I'm on the other side of the spectrum and I think the kit lens is great, especially if you're just starting out. You can see which focal lengths you tend to use the most and then buy better glass accordingly. 

I got the same kit last year and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I picked up the cheap Nikon 35mm lens at the start of this year and it's on my camera 90% of the time. The only time I use the 18-55 kit lens is if I really need a wider focal length because of limited space. And I'll be honest, I RARELY use the 55-200mm. Then again all of this might not apply to you. I know some people swear kit lenses are garbage and picking up body-only is the way to go. I'm on the other side of the spectrum and I think the kit lens is great, especially if you're just starting out. You can see which focal lengths you tend to use the most and then buy better glass accordingly. 

Thanks man I'm at Best Buy coppin right now! Can't wait to read and learn and join you guys in this thread! I feel like I've always had an eye for photography and creativity but have been limited to iPhones and a Nikon Coolpix :lol:

Back
Top Bottom