The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

question for the raw shooters: what raw converter(s) are y'all using? anyone ever use dxo optics?
Beautiful shot. I'd like to start shooting some landscapes, but the weather isn't doing me any favors. 

As for RAW conversion, I've only used Lightroom and I like it so far. What exactly are you looking for in a converter?

benzilla427 benzilla427 just lightroom for now but i downloaded trial versions of both capture one & dxo optics 10; i really need to spend more time making local adjustments or tweaking things in photoshop...

question for the raw shooters: what raw converter(s) are y'all using? anyone ever use dxo optics?

Beautiful image! I use LR and Adobe Camera Raw. I used Capture 1 for about a month before I gave up. It always crashed while shooting tethered and the interface is not as user friendly.

Do any of you guys rent lenses? I have a couple lenses that Im planning on purchasing but I think I should rent them out first and see which one I like the best

For the price of renting lenses...I would rather just buy them, try them out for a day or 2 and return them if possible. Did that recently with a lens from Best Buy.

Yep. If you have a credit card just put it on there and return if needed. Regret the return, go back and buy it as an open box...:rolleyes

For the price of renting lenses...I would rather just buy them, try them out for a day or 2 and return them if possible. Did that recently with a lens from Best Buy.
stop buying cheap *** lenses ...

Cause that's what you are doing or you think 100 is closely to being 2k.

Beautiful image! I use LR and Adobe Camera Raw. I used Capture 1 for about a month before I gave up. It always crashed while shooting tethered and the interface is not as user friendly.

yea, the lightroom definitely feels less cluttered in comparison to the other converters i have used thus far...if only i was shooting better in camera!

well places like lensrentals.com you can get some fairly expensive lenses for a few days for quite a small fraction of their market value, i haven't ever rented lenses but its seems like it'd be a pretty good option (especially if you want to try expensive lenses)vs. the buy & try method...because you are tying up funds in the process and its kinda shady...plus you aren't you taking the risk that they won't get you on restocking or just not accept the return?

Best Buy had no lenses worth renting, let alone buying. My local rental spot is like $30 for 3 days when rented on a Friday and I am talking L-lenses and all. Way worth renting those $1000+ lenses then buying and returning imo.

Thread is so flames 
nthat.gif

sick! what's the process for these type of shots? how do you decide on the composition through the waterproof housing? changing settings? is the camera strapped to you?

Back
Top Bottom