The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Does anyone bring their DSLR anywhere or do they put for point and shoots or other smaller cameras?

I only use my DSLR for paid stuff. Been using my x-e2 when I go out solely to take pics. Stick with my phone for most of the time.

DSLR only for photoshoots also. Sony a6000 w/ 35mm goes with me otherwise. Actually just got a new bag for my a6000. Incase Reform Camera Bag with the compartment for a camera.

My DSLR comes with me on vacay, also bring along my GoPro and looking to cop a 3DR Solo drone for our next trip...lol

On any regular day out the house though, my DSLR stays home.

I just purchased a D750, but I have been using a D610 in tandem with a D7000 before I sold the latter.

D750 is my next big cam purchase. How is it compared to the 7000
I just purchased online yesterday; it hasn't been delivered yet. Practical differences between the D610 and D7000 is really just having a full frame sensor and lower noise at higher ISO. So it helps when taking photos in darker settings (thats why I bought it). I think the D7000 has a faster max shutter (1/8000 compared to 1/4000) if that matters. D750 differences would better autofocus then the two (more focus points) and built in wifi.

I'm sure there are other stats that are different, but I don't find any of them significant in my buying decision or my shooting. They just seem like crap people argue over on photography forums. I really don't care about a .01 ms difference in memory card write speed lol.

I just purchased online yesterday; it hasn't been delivered yet. Practical differences between the D610 and D7000 is really just having a full frame sensor and lower noise at higher ISO. So it helps when taking photos in darker settings (thats why I bought it). I think the D7000 has a faster max shutter (1/8000 compared to 1/4000) if that matters. D750 differences would better autofocus then the two (more focus points) and built in wifi.

I'm sure there are other stats that are different, but I don't find any of them significant in my buying decision or my shooting. They just seem like crap people argue over on photography forums. I really don't care about a .01 ms difference in memory card write speed lol.

Yea, I was asking moreso on experience differences. I've researched the specs and of course it'll blow th 7000 out the water. Idk when I'll actually get one but can't wait

^ Just don't turn into an instagram husband.

that video was gold :lol:

something from the weekend skate

saving up for an FX Fish

So my mother-in-law is extremely hard to buy for and I was going crazy trying to find something to get her for Christmas. Finally, I snuck into her house while she was at work, grabbed a few old pictures of her mom that were in AWFUL shape. The picture below was in the worst shape. Deterioration all over and around her face and a missing corner of the picture. I took it to Costco and got it restored and I can't believe what a great job they did! I hope she'll like them. Her mom passed away when my MIL was 15 so all she has are these old pictures so hopefully she'll enjoy them! Just thought I'd share 
happy.gif

I know! I tried to make my way over there today to get a picture of it before, but wasn't able to make time. When I get it I'll definitely post the before picture. 

bought a Sony a6000 to get into photography...after reading about aperture and shutter speed, I've tried taking pictures with the proper setting but it takes forever to take the picture. Do you constantly change your setting or do you have a set on a particular one to fit you personally? and also as far as camera features(automatic, shutter priority, aperture priority, landscape, low light) which one do you use? i just set mine on auto but feel as though the picture can turn up much better if i knew which setting to use

thanks

bought a Sony a6000 to get into photography...after reading about aperture and shutter speed, I've tried taking pictures with the proper setting but it takes forever to take the picture. Do you constantly change your setting or do you have a set on a particular one to fit you personally? and also as far as camera features(automatic, shutter priority, aperture priority, landscape, low light) which one do you use? i just set mine on auto but feel as though the picture can turn up much better if i knew which setting to use

thanks
Congrats on the new camera!

I personally stick to either manual or aperture priority. If I'm shooting non-moving subjects (landscapes, posed people, etc.) I'll be in manual mode. If I'm walking around shooting whatever I happen to pass by, I'll use aperture priority. I almost never use any other modes.

Back
Top Bottom