The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Forced myself to bring my camera gear to work and couldn't get anything better than this. Been slow to shoot but hopefully I'll have some things to show by next week.

godfather-1a.png

Cars & Coffee - December

More car pics on my blog.

That supra has the biggest turbo I've ever seen. When I saw it in Nov I was like Holy **** that's huge lol.

Forced myself to bring my camera gear to work and couldn't get anything better than this. Been slow to shoot but hopefully I'll have some things to show by next week.

Did you ever get a chance to make it out to city hall?

^^^^I think the Warrior lights must not be up yet. I'll wait till playoff time I guess. Just need it for some Warrior inspired engagement photo.

damn...hella missed that chatter about the choppa!!!

#chopperchatter???

Looking to start Vlogging and doing some decent photos.
Would you recommend Canon G7X , Sony A6000 or Sony RX100M III ? All roughly the same price , just looking for best bang for buck

it may depend on what type of things you want to shoot, if primarily stationary video the Sony a6000 (or even the a5100, which is basically the same camera but has a touch screen that flips all the way up for 'selfies' but would be useful for video, no viewfinder though) and kit lens are probably the best setup, the larger sensor will get some pretty nice shallow depth of field for video..and being interchangeable lens cameras should you decide to get more into things you have the ability to experiment with different lenses and such...but may be a bit unwieldy if you're going to be moving a ton

both the gx7 & the rx100 are probably better choices if you plan to be more mobile, I think these give you the most value from jump...high image quality, excellent zoom lenses, and pocketable! the rx100 will likely have better video with more options but the the canon has a longer zoom with a faster (let's on more light) lens across its zoom range. these are going to be less flexible in terms of trying different lenses and getting the same look possible with the larger sensor a6000...

After seeing JordanSF's helicopter shots the other week, I pulled the trigger and decided to go up too
laugh.gif

Incredible experience, definitely going to try and do it again in the future

Yo! That's awesome man dope shots, who'd you fly with? 

Looks like you went up similar to the time we went and what's crazy is that clouds look almost identical too lol.

I took what I learned from the SF flight and applied in to when I flew over Chicago last month and I def need a do over.
bjamez20 - Sick! I recently went but I haven't got the chance to work on any of the photos yet. Too many photos to work on lol. But yes, such a thrill and experience.
Fong - If you're down to do it, I'm down to ride again.

Here's one from the other day flying over SF with my 2001 Royals
smokin.gif
I filled my 32gb card when I went up lol
^^^^^That's one person! Any other takers to make it a threesome?
An NT photog meetup sounds dope as hell, would def be down.

Does the traditional tattooing method hurt more than electric needles?

wish i could provide some insight man, im a blank canvas lol. if it is worth anything, there were expressions of pain and grimacing during both methods that i had seen.

Yeah I had my tats with my modern electric needle. Traditional ones look like they would take a lot longer to do.

Anyone interested in a Pentax 67 medium format film camera with a leather strap? Looking to sell mines

Does anyone bring their DSLR anywhere or do they put for point and shoots or other smaller cameras?

I only use my DSLR for paid stuff. Been using my x-e2 when I go out solely to take pics. Stick with my phone for most of the time.

I only use my DSLR for paid stuff. Been using my x-e2 when I go out solely to take pics. Stick with my phone for most of the time.

What do you shoot with?
I used to bring mine everywhere I went. Typically brought my full bag with 3 lenses

I thought about doing that I like in store photos like the ones posted above.
I mean I could use my phone but just looking at the image quality I'd rather bring my camera.

Pretty much.

In other news I'm expecting to get me another camera. Looks like a D5000 is gonna be my comeback cam of choice, especially for 185

Back
Top Bottom