The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

many thanks to those of you who contributes to this thread regularly and who have made it the inspiration that it is. At one time photography was my favorite hobby and brought me more joy than almost anything. I got burnt out in the last year or so and haven't taken any "fun" pictures in longer than I can remember. I'm heading out now. Hopefully I return with something worth sharing 
happy.gif

For the T2I anyone got any recommendations for Lens that improve image quality and makes it more crisp? ($500 Range)

Originally Posted by SoleFX

For the T2I anyone got any recommendations for Lens that improve image quality and makes it more crisp? ($500 Range)
Not as much as a lense expert as other NTers here but, I think the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 runs around there. I think there is a sigma version too?
If not, I'd say get the Canon 17-55mm f/2.8
smile.gif
but that will run you double.

Originally Posted by SoleFX

IF you can find it, IF an extra $100 is ok with you, and IF you'll be able to use/enjoy an 11mm-16mm range ( 17.6-25.6 on a Canon APS-C), there's no lens that's a better bang for you dollar than the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens. my friend has it on his t2i and it produces some amazing photos.
also...if you have a $500 budget, definitely look into some prime lenses...a 50mm f/1.8 is amazing for the price and so is the 85mm f/1.8

Originally Posted by WITNESSS

Can you guys give me some constructive criticism? Thanks

i'm no pro but it's a technically sound photograph imo. lines are straight, compositon is balanced, exposure is right, sharpness is crisp. don't know if there's much else to improve it.

A couple days after reaffirming my love for photography I am back. Albeit with not much of anything of substance, but now I have some material to reflect on. Included is some black and white play which I liken it to listening to jazz.. It's fun to mess with but I really have no idea what the hell I am supposed to be getting out of it..
c/c welcomed and appreciated.

5694781119_8c4c1810d0_z.jpg

5695379000_13ba87ca7b_z.jpg

5694780901_4ea2b1369f_z.jpg

5695353378_4b0d2de0e3_z.jpg

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

nine point five wrote:
5695379000_13ba87ca7b_z.jpg

Really like this one.. feel like it could almost be a dodge car spread hah

Thanks man. Gotta admit that wasn't the look I was going for, but glad you can enjoy it nonetheless.

sidenote: who knew b/w was so much fun. here's a recent attempt at the cliche smoke shot
happy.gif

5701119032_0207b99626_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom