The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

Hmmm...TEAM Fotosnipe"One Shot, One Soul"?? Man, this TEAM thing is harder than we thought!

reminds me of sean connery in LXG.
Code:
If you can't do it with one bullet,don't do it at all.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Team NTfocus....

Spoiler [+]
jayyyykayyyyy
...okay ISS
laugh.gif

Here's a pic from my photo class. We had to manipulate images in Ps and make them "photo real."

Taken with a 7D in full burst mode and layered all the images. The end result had almost 50 layers and took about 8 hours to edit.
No photo manipulation, just layering.

daledasalla_imageharvest.jpg

I guess it's safe to say that I'm going to be shooting more often now & posting in this thread more often (again)

6216237330_34c6a1b40e_z.jpg

6215172643_9da7bd6777_z.jpg

6215687770_4550545326_z.jpg

btw , great work everybody

So which ISO would be best to leave while I shoot? 400 during the day? 800 at night?

I shoot at night time half of the time.

Also, how do I get those dark light, but bright colored pictures?

I love that style of photgraphy and film.

Seems like the light is pretty low, but the colors are still pretty bright.

VoidEmperor wrote:
So which ISO would be best to leave while I shoot? 400 during the day? 800 at night?

I shoot at night time half of the time.

Also, how do I get those dark light, but bright colored pictures?

I love that style of photgraphy and film.

Seems like the light is pretty low, but the colors are still pretty bright.
Any ISO from 100-400 would be good during the day.  ISO is far more important in low light situations.  The higher the ISO, the more noise you will see in your photograph, but higher ISO will help you achieve a faster shutter speed when shooting in Aperture mode. If you are shooting a still subject you could get away with a slower shutter, but if there is any type of movement in very low light you will have to opt for a higher ISO to achieve a fast enough shutter to freeze the subject.  Others that shoot mostly in Manual mode may have a different opinion, but that is mine.

I am no pro so if I am wrong or if there are other opinions or explanations EXPERTS please go easy on me.

Im not into the high tech camera, and I got a dude on CL trying to sell me a Canon EOS Rebel T3.

My question to all you photographers, What do these thing go for??? Also this is what he listed that would come with...

All brand new and never opened.

Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera with Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens $450
Canon EF III 75-300mm F/4.0-5.6 Telephoto Zoom Lens $120
Canon EF-S Telephoto zoom lens - 55 mm - 250 mm - F/4.0-5.6 $180

I can combine the camera kit plus 75-300 lens for $550 or the camera kit plus the 55-250 for $600. Or all 3 for $700.

Thank you Pugz for being my tour guide.

first photo in NYC was a freakin cop car. lol
6210196096_0d79f481fa_b.jpg

6210015163_efb806f08c_b.jpg

6210045795_b1cfa41554_b.jpg

6210113525_36d5f9fd24_b.jpg

5 times square
6210116139_9a79e1d0da_b.jpg

6 radio city
6215842879_040c404499_z.jpg

7 protest @ manhattan center
6216358510_9a89e57bc7_b.jpg

8 empire state viewer
6215844223_554eb2f7d3_b.jpg

9 NYPD Blue
6216359448_4c6d11d5f2_b.jpg

10 new york sky
6215866667_5e69c006f0_b.jpg

11 brooklyn bound
6216383186_93f5364ed0_b.jpg

Nice NYC pics... did you just go up to those cops and asked "May I take your picture?"...

^^^^NYC cops are straight famous out there. People take pics with them all the time girls practically jump at the opportunity to get a pic with them.

Good stuff Quick. You actually really opened my eyes on shooting out there because I had a real hard time getting photos in NYC without being repetitive.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

Ima newbie but here are some of my recent shots.

Nice start for your photoset, not sure if you wanted C&C so I'll spoiler it:

Spoiler [+]
To me, it looks like you're going to need a nice lens to accompany you on those fast-motion pictures!

From the looks of it the AF was a little off & it looked like a lot of your shots didn't focus fast enough to capture what you really wanted and so you had to crop the huge picture to make it work.

From what I was advised for food photographs, you want to make the food look appealing rather than capture texture. Capturing texture can work with you but it can also go against you. Like for certain sauces if you shoot those, it could really just look like you've taken a picture of vomit & that's definitely not what you want.

But all in all, great photoset

^^^ I appreciate that c&c, I meant to ask for it in my post. but I was working with a 75-300 lens so the low light just killed the crispiness of the pics, I've since read up on alot of techniches in taking drifting photography that I am currently working with and I always take pic's of my food so I definetely catch your drift when I look back at that picture.

Whats the job market for photographers? I know a lot do it for fun but like to make it a profession why type of compensation do they earn? If its like studio photography?

Originally Posted by upandcoming

Whats the job market for photographers? I know a lot do it for fun but like to make it a profession why type of compensation do they earn? If its like studio photography?
I wondered this myself. People have told me that the bank is in Fashion Photography, or wedding events, etc. 

yo i have a question for those that take street/portrait shots at night like dude that was in NYC. Do you use tripods?
I hate tripods and i want to know if you managed to get those shots freehand and if so how??

Back
Top Bottom