The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Expiration? I wanna take advantage of this later on in the Spring.
Do it now!

IDK... I think they're only offering this because it's Christmas or something...

Omg. WTF am I doing in this thread on Christmas Eve?

Alright... chill.

Gonna go kick it with the fam.

Peace.

Merry Christmas.

P.S.

Egyptian Musk incense is the ****!

Last edited:
^
congrats, what'd you get?
not bad shots, my dog is my best subject too

T4i. I have so much to learn about photography..

T4i. I have so much to learn about photography..
Go shoot outside.

Figure out how aperature, shutter speed, and ISO work together to get the best image.

I remember getting my first DSLR, it was a Canon Rebel XT. Such a dope feeling when you're opening that box.

That's me in the back... extreme crop hence the lack of quality, although I still like the look.

My boy Juvin...

c414881a4e7011e28e2d22000a1fbe71_7.jpg

Just got this lens for Christmas. Trying it out of at least a month but not sure if I should return this and get the 16-35mm L-lens instead.

x-mas-1.jpg

Quick test shot. My cat just isn't having it when it comes to X-mas lights. Like the range of the lens since I like shooting wide but the clarity is really inconsistent at 1.4mm. Probably just need to mess with it some more and shoot it less open.

24L is probably one of the best lenses you can own.

Steezy. So even throwing in the fact that I know not all lenses are created equal, which lens would you get out of the two? 24mm L or the 16-35mm L? I do like shooting wider but I do like how the 24mm is a 1.4mm. I wonder if one is more wanted then the other cause I do still have the chance to return this lens.

Steezy. So even throwing in the fact that I know not all lenses are created equal, which lens would you get out of the two? 24mm L or the 16-35mm L? I do like shooting wider but I do like how the 24mm is a 1.4mm. I wonder if one is more wanted then the other cause I do still have the chance to return this lens.

im a sucker for canon primes, id keep the 24mm, you dont need to go anymore wider than that.....you can scoop down to 1.4 if you like but that lense @ f2.0 is sharp as hell....i built on my primes before anything else.

Maybe I need to shoot at f2.0 more cause I am getting a lot of inconsistent shots with my camera. I even read some reviews how the 24mm tends to have some issues with autofocus. And paired with the Mark 2 and it's slow focus system, it's been giving me more hassle then winning shots.

Maybe I need to shoot at f2.0 more cause I am getting a lot of inconsistent shots with my camera. I even read some reviews how the 24mm tends to have some issues with autofocus. And paired with the Mark 2 and it's slow focus system, it's been giving me more hassle then winning shots.

thing is when you shoot with almost ANY lense wide open, you will often miss your focus, unless you practice, ALOT....not to add the MK2 is notorious for its bad AF system, i know bokeh makes for great pics, but at an aperture of 2.0 you still have a damb shallow DOF and a better chance at nailing your focus.....have you played with the back-focus button?

the 24L has been nothing short of pure greatness for me, literally my favorite lense.

some shots from my 24L

pretty much the only lense i take on vacation and takes care of most of all my photography needs.

btw that test shot of the cat you posted on IG....sick!

Last edited:
NT famb can you recommend me the best options for a point and shoot camera with a 200-250 dollar budget? Appreciate it!

leaning on the Canon Powershot SX260 on amazon for $189 but I'll check costco before I purchase.. thanks famb

Back
Top Bottom