The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

tumblr_mb8tfsQ8jD1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_makypusTzS1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_makykr2IhN1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mabvggCn041rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mabvddUIie1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mabv9hUGaK1rea8mko1_1280.jpg

He has some good stuff but you don't need to post 33 times in 24 hours with each post containing anywhere from 4-15 pictures...

[COLOR=#red]Yeah it was a little OD, but there were some nice pics in there. To say otherwise is just pure hate/shade[/COLOR]

when i said page 361 sucked it had very little to do with the quality of his image, more so with the fact that son took over the entire page...lol

other than that, some cool images, some not so much, his watermark is terrible though.

shot i took at yesterdays fundraiser.....The Top of the Rock is a dream to shoot in.

>D :lol:

Last edited:
Damn son chill with the posts :lol:

Since Bridges seem to be the flavor of the month...(in serious need of a good tripod,any suggestions?)

I got a dynex DX-TRP60 off ebay for around $25 shipped brand new. It gets the job done. I'm a beginner still so I don't need anything fancy just yet. Here's and old shot I took about a month ago with it. It's sturdy enough and haven't had any problems with it shaking....yet at least.

Bay Bridge by Yanky4585, on Flickr

Just dont be supporting that camera on uneven surfaces with that tripod... Especially if you're over water or something.

Just dont be supporting that camera on uneven surfaces with that tripod... Especially if you're over water or something.

Yea that's what I'm told. Any suggestion on what I should get for those surfaces? I wanna go to the beach/rocky areas to catch a sunset soon.

For some reason I dig the uneven horizon on that shot Yanky :pimp:

Thanks man! It was my favorite shot of that night after a few failed attempts at a different location.

Yea that's what I'm told. Any suggestion on what I should get for those surfaces? I wanna go to the beach/rocky areas to catch a sunset soon.

Hit up photography-on-the.net and keep an eye on their "market watch" section.  There's usually a nice tripod being posted on there that's on sale from B+H or Adorama...

After doing some decent long exposures, do not get a tripod with a roller lock. I have one (keep for getting the brand) and it just doesn't lock up as good as it should. Only time it freaks me out is when I am carrying my camera with the tripod on and then the camera just dips from the hinge as if it was about to fall. Freaks me out every time and I think in a couple of months, I am going to get a new tripod with some screw locks instead.

Also I rented the Canon 14mm f/2.8L and me being a fisheye nut, I was sort of dissapointed in the lens. One....sun flares are a total pain with this lens. I don't even remember it being that bad with a fisheye but this thing produces some real bad flares with the sun in photos. Second, I thought the lens felt oddly slow. I know it is a f/2.8 but I swear my Nikon 10.5mm seemed better and even produces better colors. Seeing how this is one of the more expensive L-lenses, I just expected more. Looks like from all these rentals I have been doing (24-70mm, 85m 1.2 and14mm), I am going to get the 85mm by the end of the summer. I think that should fill out the holy trinity for what I need. 24mm for wide, Nifty-Fifty for standard and 85mm for zoom.

Back
Top Bottom