The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Going to NY for 5 days.. Kind of backpacking. My goal is to get a panorama shot of NY either skyline or from the Empire State Building. My question is where can I get the best shots? I've Been reading online, that the Empire State may not be the best place to get it. Taking and old d80, tokina 11-16, 35mm and a 50mm. Oh yeah and the fisheye :smile:

Last edited:

Going to NY for 5 days.. Kind of backpacking. My goal is to get a panorama shot of NY either skyline or from the Empire State Building. My question is where can I get the best shots? I've Been reading online, that the Empire State may not be the best place to get it. Taking and old d80, tokina 11-16, 35mm and a 50mm. Oh yeah and the fisheye :smile:
Top of the Rock you can get to great panos.

1. Empire State Pano
2. Central Park Pano

However, no tripods allowed. Only monos.

Took a couple pictures of my cousin who is pregnant.

I would really like to get into this type of photography.

C&C is welcome.

Last edited:
No tripods anywhere? Lol that was on my packing list lol
Not on top of the Rock and I seriously doubt that they are allowed on top of the empire ....

Does not mean you can't take them up and it doesn't mean that you can try and use them .. just mean that if they see you, either they will tell you to close it or get out (Which I doubt). Also you can use your tripod as a Mono .....

http://www.launchphotography.com/Top_of_the_Rock.html

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8174/7992689960_d6cedd96a0_h.jpg 

Last edited:
Merry Christmas guys! :smokin Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Need some second opinions. My cousin is looking for a entry level point and shoot and has these three options in mind

Canon PowerShot SX170 IS
Nikon COOLPIX L820
Olympus SP-820UZ

The budget is around $300 max. Trying to stay away from the ones with interchangeable lenses only because it's going to be taken on a trip and she doesn't want to carry around multiple lenses. They're probably out of the budget anyways :lol: What are your thoughts? Other suggestions such as panasonic/sony?

Thanks!

Ive heard some good things about the powershot. For that budget tho, you should be able to get a nice one this time of year....especially from best buy

^^^^I was so mad that the fountain wasn't working when i was there in Chicago. I wanted to take a night shot like these"

^^^^I know man. I was going to walk out there to shoot it centered but some guy was shooting there and I had to get some shots fired before the sun went down and it wouldn't look the same with a guy standing there. It's a meh shot for me. Composition is all messed up but it's a pic. Actually it's even a stacked photo too. The lower part is one photos and the top is another.

Finally done with school... back at it with taking snaps of randoms. Love this thread.

11598726413_ff2ed97484_b.jpg
11598727043_0150a3ae08_b.jpg
11599299246_aba790b665_b.jpg
11598725243_31ba1366f8_b.jpg

- Fong, That second one is killer on the colors man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom