The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

sick.

diamond-skate-1.png
skyfire.png

HOLY **** son...

Ryan G your flickr is hot fire my man, I did not like the full house shot of those sisters for whatever reason but your landscapes are incredible.

what camera?

HOLY **** son...

Ryan G your flickr is hot fire my man, I did not like the full house shot of those sisters for whatever reason but your landscapes are incredible.

what camera?

Thanks bruh. Word, that shoot was my first venture into portrait work and my editing was heavy on the landscape mode.

Appreciate the feedback for real...always a work in progress as I try to learn more with the camera and post processing day by day.

I currently shoot with a d700...started with a d5300 and hope to upgrade to the d810 soon.

You gotta punch up these colors man, this pic has major metallic print potential. Even messing around with the reduced quality version there's some great colors waiting to be revealed

Thanks fam. You got me itchin to go start editing a bit more now...but first gotta watch this Warriors game.

Thoughts on the Canon 7d? 

Huge upgrade from the t2i? Or should I save to get a full frame SLR? 

It is more camera than the t2i but IMO your investment is probably better suited in glass assuming you're after "better quality" pictures.

It is more camera than the t2i but IMO your investment is probably better suited in glass assuming you're after "better quality" pictures.
I invested in the 85mm and also the 24-70 today for my canon.

And the 35mm for my sony a6000. Looking for another lens for my sony eventually, but we'll see. 

What do you recommend for the Sony a6000? Looking much more for event/portraits rather then landscapes.

Last edited:

I invested in the 85mm and also the 24-70 today for my canon.

And the 35mm for my sony a6000. Looking for another lens for my sony eventually, but we'll see. 

What do you recommend for the Sony a6000? Looking much more for event/portraits rather then landscapes.

For portraiture taking the plunge into full frame will be huge.

Portraiture for the a6000 will be the same as the canon side. 85mm and up on focal length will do you wonders for portraiture. 70-200 2.8 is my workhorse.

took a shot...

Meant to make mention I would love to see this one as a panoramic

Clean, never knew you were in the bay area lol

Clone stamp making a big difference :wow:

I changed their skin tone a bit too

How long did that take you? I suck at clone stamping and when I do it I can totally tell what I was going over since I suck that bad lol.

60 seconds tops. This particular image, it was really easy, its not because im particularly good at it.

Anybody got any good solutions for storing photos - both for backup and software for sorting? I've just got mine dumped in folders which means they're all there but I have to search for things sometimes.

I lost a few a few years ago too - I have the edited jpegs but not the raw files and it's always bothered me. My PC is backed up now but are there any really neat ways of keeping separate copies? Photographers must have this sorted.

50mm or 35 for my first prime? 

how/what do you (want) to shoot? pick the lens that you feel will best accomplish that, then there is handling, price, & speed - would the physical size of the lens come into play? what would you like to spend? if you have a kit lens you easily try both focal lengths to see which you think would be more useful as a prime lens

Anybody got any good solutions for storing photos - both for backup and software for sorting? I've just got mine dumped in folders which means they're all there but I have to search for things sometimes.

I lost a few a few years ago too - I have the edited jpegs but not the raw files and it's always bothered me. My PC is backed up now but are there any really neat ways of keeping separate copies? Photographers must have this sorted.

definitely recommend using a cataloging software like lightroom, if you aren't already, from there you can usually organize your images from inside the application (it can even help organize your external folders, but you have to make all your changes thru lightroom - not the folders!), from assigning keywords, to creating collections, there are quite a few methods to find & sort your images. as for backing up, external hds or cloud storage are prolly the norms, you got to do you googles to figure what will work for you

Between figuring out what you want to shoot and using the kit lens at both of those focal lengths, thats the perfect recommendation.

My first prime on my crop sensor camera was 50mm. I did shoot the DX 35 a little bit but I moved to full frame pretty fast. The primes I have on full frame are 50mm and 85mm.

I want wider lenses and I want to shoot more primes but im currently saving for 24-70 2.8L which will give some wide angle options.

Back
Top Bottom