The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Quick iPhone shots I took before class today and yesterday.

If anyone knows how to make them bigger, help. :lol:

Just received my used Sony A3000 body from FM. Very pleased with the camera for the price, sensor and grip can't be beat for $100 used. Definitely a great beater/backup body for the E-mount system. As long as you can deal with the low resolution EVF/LCD, outdated NEX menu system, lack of Wifi, cheaper build quality, fixed LCD, no EVF eye sensor, and plastic eyecup.

Man ..... I walked outside to see an epic sunset ... Had to drive somewhere where I could at least capture some of it. Crappy pic but you get the picture .

What do you guys do to ensure quality on multiple monitors and devices out there? I was viewing my photos on a cheap dell and noticed a difference which is expected. How do i fix this? Do i not worry about it or what? I know i can calibrate my monitor but i dont think tha does anything for people without a calibrated monitor.

Just received my used Sony A3000 body from FM. Very pleased with the camera for the price, sensor and grip can't be beat for $100 used. Definitely a great beater/backup body for the E-mount system. As long as you can deal with the low resolution EVF/LCD, outdated NEX menu system, lack of Wifi, cheaper build quality, fixed LCD, no EVF eye sensor, and plastic eyecup.

haha, that sounds like a gang of caveats! you sure actually like the camera???

Amazing how we can missed something new that we did without for years. IE Wi-Fi.

right! it is amazing how our threshold for the minimum technology just gets higher seemingly every year...

What do you guys do to ensure quality on multiple monitors and devices out there? I was viewing my photos on a cheap dell and noticed a difference which is expected. How do i fix this? Do i not worry about it or what? I know i can calibrate my monitor but i dont think tha does anything for people without a calibrated monitor.

well, there isn't a really fix for making pictures appear the same across every monitor, all you can do is calibrate the monitor(s) you work on for your own consistency (which i think is more so for printing)...them be the breaks!

Nice photos up there. The first one with her eyes look great.

Shot this the other day. Was overcast in SF so colors were muted, so i had to filter all the photos. Not the best but it works for my friend's company. Lost my reflector but really wish I used it. For the most part, these photos just seem like random shots from any camera.

wvn-6b.png
wvn-10b.png
wvn-4b2.png
wvn-7b.png
wvn-8a.png
wvn-2a.png
wvn-3c.png
wvn-1b.png

Last edited:
haha, that sounds like a gang of caveats! you sure actually like the camera???

Wanted a backup body/secondary camera for my a6000 when I travel and the A3000 accomplishes this. I use it as mostly as a point and shoot, compared to point and shoot at the $100 price point, it provided a better value and IQ for me, considering I already own a couple of e-mount lenses. It is also relatively lightweight when combined with Sony pancake 16-50mm zoom. Definitely would not recommend the a3000 as a primary or first camera but as a cheap backup/beater body, I'm pretty pleased.

^$100 for a capable, modern backup interchangeable lens camera is great, no doubt! just kinda funny how long the list of cons was

^$100 for a capable, modern backup interchangeable lens camera is great, no doubt! just kinda funny how long the list of cons was

LMAO I know, plenty of cons compared to my A6000 but it is a bit cheaper as well. It does come as with an EVF, 20MP APS-C sensor, DSLR like grip, manual control with automatic modes, video mode, hot shoe, and pop up flash.

Today marks 1 year since I took my first wedding photograph. 20 weddings down. Its been a fast and crazy year. I cannot say thank you enough to all of those who have chosen to support me in this journey. It means the world to me that I have people around me that believe in me.

Today marks 1 year since I took my first wedding photograph. 20 weddings down. Its been a fast and crazy year. I cannot say thank you enough to all of those who have chosen to support me in this journey. It means the world to me that I have people around me that believe in me.

congrats man! Keep on pushing and you will be exactly where you want to be in no time.

Back
Top Bottom