The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I've noticed this after I updated Photoshop has anyone else seen this before?

Also for my portrait shooters do you guys always smooth out the skin or do it as needed?

I smooth out general areas like pimples and simple blemishes. I avoid defining blemishes and birthmarks because that's a part of the person and it comes off a lil phony to me

Anyone shoot with a Sony A7 or A7ii?

How do I know what lenses are compatible with Sony A7/A7ii?

Last edited:

A7/A7II/A7R/A7RII etc all use FE lenses (E-Mount).
Would you mind clarifying a little more? Such as, does brand matter?

If so, what are some good lenses you'd recommend with the a7?

Currently using Canon 6D and still thinking of getting the 16-35L.

this kinda depends on what your definition of 'compatible' is...the A7 series uses the e-mount for both their of their mirrorless apsc & 35mm cameras, FE lenses for the a7 series & and E lenses for the apsc mirrorless cameras; both FE & E lenses will 'work' on either format, though the apsc lenses will vignette on 35mm or automatically crop in fit the image projection of the apsc lens...

also because because the a7 series are mirrorless cameras with a shorter flange distance (or to be more clear, the distance between the lens & the sensor) than dslrs, through the use of adapters most lenses can be fitted onto these type of cameras. depending on the adapter, some allow varying levels of native functionality and some just are literally spacers that allow proper focus but no native controls at all...

as far recommendations for lenses, what is your budget? what do you shoot now/want to shoot?

Harpers Ferry (WVa) in autumn is worth the trip if you're in the vicinity.  Leaves were all over the place and the crowds were scarce.  Some shots from today below (iPhone and edited in the 'gram).  More here.  Peace

I was actually in talks with some friends to go out there next month.

there's an abandoned hotel in Harpers Ferry that I've been meaning to check out...

hmm..it's not too far way from me either.

^

Nope, cropped a little bit off the top to bring it to 16:9 but that's it. It was pretty hazy, might have something to do with it? I'll post some more when I have a minute to put em through LR

^
Nope, cropped a little bit off the top to bring it to 16:9 but that's it. It was pretty hazy, might have something to do with it? I'll post some more when I have a minute to put em through LR

Id make it all bw. The blue sky in the upper right is weird. take out the airplanes as well, and get rid of the cloud on the edge of the upper right... it makes it look weird because you can barely just make it out.

Is it worth switching from a t3i to canon 60d or even the 7d(first model)? I know that the 60d has higher frame per second than the t3i considering i like to shoot action shots. I also want to know how the image quality during low lighting situations for anyone with a 60d or 7d. Thanks.

[h1]WELCOME TO THE TINY RUSSIAN TOWN OF OYMYAKON - THE COLDEST INHABITED PLACE ON EARTH - WHERE TEMPERATURES DROP TO -58 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT[/h1]
  • Oymyakon, in the Siberian tundra, is coldest inhabited town in the world with temperatures as low as -58F
  •  
  • Photographer Amos Chapple, of New Zealand, traveled to the town of 500 people to capture life there
  •  
  • He discovered fascinating aspects of living in the coldest place on earth like the inability to grow produce
Chapple said he traveled to Oymyakon to find an uplifting story but said the cold created some new challenges in his photography. 

He told Weather.com that his lens would freeze over and became impossible to focus, likening it to a pickle jar.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-temperatures-drop-58-degrees-Fahrenheit.html

Last edited:

The a7 series cameras use the E-mount. You can't just have any E-series lens though. Sony makes both APS-C and full frame E-mount lenses. You need the FE (full frame) mount.

Back
Top Bottom