The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

It would be super cool if you checked out my latest YouTube video. It's a behind the scenes look at my recent photoshoot a cosplayer.

Behind the Scenes - Cosplay Photoshoot

Last edited:
Whats good NT Fam!

So I recently decided to get into film photography and snatched up a Canon A1 that came with 50mm and 70-150mm lenses.

This camera does need a little TLC as the mirror and lenses are kinda dirty (by my newbie standards at least
laugh.gif
).

Seems like the 70-150mm has a little fungus as well.

How would you guys go about cleaning this? I looked at a couple YouTube videos and a few had conflicting information (Use lenspens/don't use lenspens ; Use/don't use alcohol).

Pics:

Anything on the prism or the viewfinder doesn't really matter other than it's irritating.

To get fungus off a lens you're going to have to dismantle it and soak it in something to remove any fungus - a mixture of ammonia and hydrogen peroxide will do that.

You'll want some super clean microfibres cloths and a blower to keep everything really clean.

No other way to get the stuff from inside the lens.

For the external stuff I would just use q-tips and a cleaning solution that's not too harsh - I don't like the alcohol based ones as they're a bit harsh.

Thanks bud. Think I could get away with soapy warm water for the exterior? I know this isn't rocket science, I just don't want to **** anything up
laugh.gif

It would be super cool if you checked out my latest YouTube video. It's a behind the scenes look at my recent photoshoot a cosplayer.

Behind the Scenes - Cosplay Photoshoot

dope shots! i just want to say that her shoes bothered me the whole time lol

Whats good NT Fam!

So I recently decided to get into film photography and snatched up a Canon A1 that came with 50mm and 70-150mm lenses.

This camera does need a little TLC as the mirror and lenses are kinda dirty (by my newbie standards at least :lol: ).

Seems like the 70-150mm has a little fungus as well.

How would you guys go about cleaning this? I looked at a couple YouTube videos and a few had conflicting information (Use lenspens/don't use lenspens ; Use/don't use alcohol).

I've had great results with this cleaner.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1097470-REG/zeiss_2127990_lens_care_kit_2oz.html

Get yourself a rocket blower, some compressed air and a microfiber cloth and you can clean the exterior (and mirror) of the camera pretty well. As for an actual extensive cleaning, a CLA shouldn't run you more than $100 for that camera. I'm thinking about $50. The fungus on the lens is a different story. I think you're better off buying a different copy since they go for around $30 used.

Been a long while since I contributed to the thread...I took on DJ'ing about a year and a half ago and sort of left my camera behind.

Knocked the dust off of my DSLR for my recent trip to the U.S. Virgin Islands though...here's some pics - more on my flickr page.

St Thomas 6 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St Thomas 8 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St Thomas 11 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St Thomas 19 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St John 2 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St John 3 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St John 8 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St John 11 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St John 13 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

St John 15 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Hi guys,

visiting Japan in about two weeks and was looking to grab a new lens good for landscape (video shooting as well). I would consider myself beginner/intermediate level.

some lens I had in mind (not limited to) that would be suitable for my trips purpose. Any other suggestions are welcomed! :D :D Currently using a Canon t3i

- tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-3.5
- sigma 10-20 mm f/4-5.6
- canon 10-18 mm f/ 4.5-5.6

any other tips would be great! appreciate it in advance.

Hi guys,

visiting Japan in about two weeks and was looking to grab a new lens good for landscape (video shooting as well). I would consider myself beginner/intermediate level.

some lens I had in mind (not limited to) that would be suitable for my trips purpose. Any other suggestions are welcomed! :D :D Currently using a Canon t3i

- sigma 10-20 mm f/4-5.6

These are all solid choices!

Ever think about rocking any cheap primes?

canon 24mm 2.8
http://amzn.to/2nJJzfA

Canon 40mm 2.8 (i know... not super wide)
http://amzn.to/2n8222a

Like fong said, that tokina joint is nice
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116
http://amzn.to/2mttWsr

Tokina also makes a 12-28mm
http://amzn.to/2mR0IPI

IDK what your budget is like, but if you got a lot to work with, the tamron 15-30 is amazing
http://amzn.to/2mtltWo

Hi guys,

- sigma 10-20 mm f/4-5.6

Sigma 17-50 2.8?

New video up y'all!! :D :D :D Thanks again for always supporting this! Y'all for real are the best

Moody Night Color Grading - Teach Me How to Lightroom - 024

Would y'all consider a Sony FE 24-70 / 2.8 Gmaster as all purpose travel lens?

I'm not well versed in zoom lenses. ( I only have prime lenses )

24-70 is an amazing focal range, especially for travel.

Pretty wide to pretty tight. :pimp:

I rented it for my Sony a7 on my last trip and it was great. You can go from landscape to portrait in no time and the 2.8 is tack sharp. One day I'll own it, one day [emoji]128555[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom