The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Did a product shot of the Royal 1's. Only had a small black acrylic piece for the reflection so had to do just a vertical shot. 50mm lens is just terrible for stuff like this but I made it work for what it is.

royal-1.png

The background IMO blends in too much for my taste, but why would a 50mm be bad for this?

How different would x lens give on that shot?

You have to be mad close to shoot the shoe. A long lens is just better in general for product shots. Less distortion and you want products to be "as is" rather than deformed in a way. Very similar to portraits.

In the market for a used 35mm sigma art. Are there photography forums out there with a buy/sell section? Don't really browse photog forums.

Checking CL and ebay also.

Last edited:
In the market for a used 35mm sigma art. Are there photography forums out there with a buy/sell section? Don't really browse photog forums.

I actually have one that I'm 50/50 on selling. It's my only lens rn and it's somewhat heavy with an adapter and I feel like a little too wide as an all arounder. I'm using it with the Sigma MC-11 Adapter on a Sony A7Rii and might just sell and get the 55mm Zeiss.

But I'm still debating it. You should check out FredMiranda for buy/sell.

Last edited:

I actually have one that I'm 50/50 on selling. It's my only lens rn and it's somewhat heavy with an adapter and I feel like a little too wide as an all arounder. I'm using it with the Sigma MC-11 Adapter on a Sony A7Rii and might just sell and get the 55mm Zeiss.

But I'm still debating it. You should check out FredMiranda for buy/sell.

I've shot with the Zeiss and it's a great lens when you can get the focus correct. Should make for some stunning images...If the price is right and you're willing to part ways with it in the future inbox me! I'll check out that site, seems like a lot of stuff on there.

photography on the net

[emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

For ambient exposure, go for a slower shutter speed.

Check this video out. It's pretty good.

repped for the share, this video is awesome. i bought a flash recently (in january), just to try and learn something new and even up to now i had struggled with figuring out what the heck is going on. i have been reading on and off bryan pederson's book understanding flash photography, but this vid i found to be extremely helpful. thanks!

My friend rented a 6D again, same model camera but not literally the same exact one he rented last time. It came with a 50mm 1.8 that looked different than mine, I have the newer STM, maybe it was an older 50?

Anyways, we shot with it and I didnt like it as much this time around. It wasnt focusing in the right places, and maybe I wasnt used to it but the ISO had more options than my T5, it was a bit of an experimental learning curve and I guess thats why the photos didnt come out as nice as they should have. My homies bro was the one shooting mostly last time and he said he changed the settings where the focus is something something, didnt pay it any mind but anyone know what he could have done?

Last edited:
My friend rented a 6D again, same model camera but not literally the same exact one he rented last time. It came with a 50mm 1.8 that looked different than mine, I have the newer STM, maybe it was an older 50?

Anyways, we shot with it and I didnt like it as much this time around. It wasnt focusing in the right places, and maybe I wasnt used to it but the ISO had more options than my T5, it was a bit of an experimental learning curve and I guess thats why the photos didnt come out as nice as they should have. My homies bro was the one shooting mostly last time and he said he changed the settings where the focus is something something, didnt pay it any mind but anyone know what he could have done?

single point auto focus to select the auto focus point. Usually the factory default is like 100% auto focus so the camera will just focus where it thinks it should.

It was single point and changed it to auto, it still was eh on the focus. I mean it was clean but idk what my homie did but the focus when I shot with it last week was amazing.

Just got a used 6D, wondering if it is normal for the red light to blink (right under card slot) when changing lenses with the power turned off (battery in camera) and when opening and closing the card slot door with the power turned off (battery in camera)? Thanks

Damn....no CF card. I needs a bigger one since i only have a 32GB one. It's just not worth getting to a point where your card maxes out from your RAW files. I am looking for a 128GB one that isn't going to break the bank.

Damn....no CF card. I needs a bigger one since i only have a 32GB one. It's just not worth getting to a point where your card maxes out from your RAW files. I am looking for a 128GB one that isn't going to break the bank.

yeah most are ~$100 - $120 :x

I have found that 64gb is plenty for me. But I reformat my card after I archive the RAWs on my NAS.

It's really only when I travel or am shooting some sports stuff which is almost never. I just hate being in that situation where I have to start deleting photos in camera. It takes away from my shooting time and I'd rather do that at home. I mean I can afford the CF card but I feel like they are getting phased out. My SD card is used for my wifi card and holds all my jpegs for when I want to upload it on my phone but I only save RAW files on my computer.

Great shots Joe! I miss Hong Kong so much at times. How long were you at the China terminal building? I took a time lapse there, and it took forever because cars kept coming in and out.

Back
Top Bottom