357hlw0.jpg

canon 70-200 2.8L + 1.4 extender

Spoiler [+]
some quick test shots
mkj3ms.jpg
2isaw5v.jpg
35bti4n.jpg

Looking to upgrade my Canon g9, any suggestions? looking at a 700$ price limit
how much can i expect to get for my G9 with no scratches? been in a case when not taking pics

Originally Posted by sunny559

finally got in my new glass, I love this thing already:

pimp.gif
congrats man! i barely take mine off my 7D. but after a few hours hand holding this beast, my forearms are sore as hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

pimp.gif
congrats man! i barely take mine off my 7D. but after a few hours hand holding this beast, my forearms are sore as hell
laugh.gif
Thanks mane, & this thing is surprisingly heavy, took like 20 pictures & arms already felt weird. Hauling this thing around at a wedding isnt gonna be fun the first time 
laugh.gif

Can't wait for it to stop raining so I can go outside & really see what this thing does, will report back.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Thanks mane, & this thing is surprisingly heavy, took like 20 pictures & arms already felt weird. Hauling this thing around at a wedding isnt gonna be fun the first time 
laugh.gif

Can't wait for it to stop raining so I can go outside & really see what this thing does, will report back.
def! it's one of my lenses of my Holy Trinity of Lenses...makes sure you post em man, or link to your flickr if you've got one.

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

Originally Posted by 165kicks

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

i used cs5

Very nicely done.
Did you use some kind of filter on the flashes to get the color fadings in the edges or did you do it afterwards in PS?
i did it in post.
Was this effect recently posted on ISS? I've noticed that most ISS photographers on flickr have been posting this effect on their portrait pictures, looks nice

NT! I'm currently making flyers to post up on my campus and surrounding universities offering to do senior portraits for graduates.

What should I charge?

Omg so much nice pics in here I feel like I need my camera now im just bursting with inspiration...
Anyone using a nikon d3100?, is 800 for body, 18-55, 200-55, mem card and bag a good starting price?

wow it seems like you can snap anything with a fisheye lens and it'll look cool and artistic.

not sure about nikons too much but 800 for that sounds a little bit too much. i think i've seen d3100's with kit lens go for like 550...not sure if the 55-200 is worth the rest? do you even need zoom lenses?

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

def! it's one of my lenses of my Holy Trinity of Lenses...makes sure you post em man, or link to your flickr if you've got one.

the depth of field on this thing allows for some crazy s%&@! Used to the weight now too 
pimp.gif

Some randoms from the shoot I did today:
2znwv1i.jpg

23jzuo.jpg

Got this cropped version too
Spoiler [+]
s4utsm.jpg

laugh.gif

the depth of field on this thing allows for some crazy s%&@! Used to the weight now too 
pimp.gif
nice! the bokeh on that beast is unmatched...well, you can surpass it if you're using a prime
laugh.gif

it's my primary people watching lens. unless i'm rocking the 24 f/1.4 for street shots and dangerously close street candids, this is the lens to use

and that looks NOTHING like the kid!
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

wow it seems like you can snap anything with a fisheye lens and it'll look cool and artistic.

not sure about nikons too much but 800 for that sounds a little bit too much. i think i've seen d3100's with kit lens go for like 550...not sure if the 55-200 is worth the rest? do you even need zoom lenses?
thanks for the respond man, but i would need a decent zoom for the drift comps. i plan on shooting, and ive been taking my time to dsave up and find a good deal, but havent been able to find a d3100 for any lower than $599 with body and 18-55 lense, also need the 1080p for tampa pro this year
smile.gif

pimp.gif
nice! the bokeh on that beast is unmatched...well, you can surpass it if you're using a prime
laugh.gif

it's my primary people watching lens. unless i'm rocking the 24 f/1.4 for street shots and dangerously close street candids, this is the lens to use
Nice pics, Imma start taking cadids here & there, any tips?

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah man, just gotta have no shame! Hahaha! With a zoom like that you can get away with street candids, no one notices you if you're a block away. Now I like to use wide angle lenses also, bad thing is I gotta get real close to people but since it's wide, I can afford not to have them centered. They just think I'm taking a picture of something next to them. But I think the best technique is to not move when people realize that you're taking their picture. When they look exactly at you at the moment you start taking shots, keep taking shots and don't move, they'll assume that you're talk pictures of something behind them. Works everytime!

laugh.gif

Yeah man, just gotta have no shame! Hahaha! With a zoom like that you can get away with street candids, no one notices you if you're a block away. Now I like to use wide angle lenses also, bad thing is I gotta get real close to people but since it's wide, I can afford not to have them centered. They just think I'm taking a picture of something next to them. But I think the best technique is to not move when people realize that you're taking their picture. When they look exactly at you at the moment you start taking shots, keep taking shots and don't move, they'll assume that you're talk pictures of something behind them. Works everytime!
Thanks mane, btw hella nice fisheye shots in this thread. Imma dust off my nikon & take some as well!

Back
Top Bottom