The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, I've been playing FF16 lately (finally)... and, I don't know how I feel about the battle system. I know I don't like it, but I wonder if that's because I'm just not that great at it, or if the whole parry system just sucks (which I think is the issue). Why can't you block? Most battle just end up boiling down to dying and restarting at increments, since they restock your very limited amount of potions every time you die. I do like the more mature story compared to 7, but it's def lacking charm as far as characters go, so far at least. I think I am like 1/3 through it, just got Garuda a little while ago. I do like how they did the summons with the dominants, but it also makes me miss having a party of characters I can actually control.

So, I've been playing FF16 lately (finally)... and, I don't know how I feel about the battle system. I know I don't like it, but I wonder if that's because I'm just not that great at it, or if the whole parry system just sucks (which I think is the issue). Why can't you block? Most battle just end up boiling down to dying and restarting at increments, since they restock your very limited amount of potions every time you die. I do like the more mature story compared to 7, but it's def lacking charm as far as characters go, so far at least. I think I am like 1/3 through it, just got Garuda a little while ago. I do like how they did the summons with the dominants, but it also makes me miss having a party of characters I can actually control.

I barely parried, I just dodged honestly.

And that's another thing... dodging is really just walking around their attacks. I know there is that dash move that gets you close to the enemy... but you can't just dash in whatever direction (unless I haven't gotten that move yet, which is silly because it should be standard from the start).

Cant lie I used the auto dodge/reaction dodge accessory the whole game. Definitely improved my experience. I used a bunch of those accessories they gave at the start of the game for majority of the game actually.

Yeah I'm gonna hold off on the "cheat codes", the fa ct that they refill your potions every time you die makes it easy enough, but I just think the battle system is a bit half baked. Enjoyed the fighting in FF7:Rs more.

Just started Spider-Man 2 today (I had to wait in a long waitlist to borrow from the library).

Played through the intro sandman mission and I was amazed the entire time.

SM1 was an awesome game. Miles Morales was good too, but didn't feel that in depth.

SM2 has a lot of combos, moves, specials, etc to remember, but I think as I get through the game it will be easier. Thankfully some of the basic combat moves are the same as the previous games.

Battle gets better more intricate the further you get into the story imo.

Without that dodge accessory,you really need to time dodges perfectly, I tried battles without it on final fantasy mode and you really need to get the timing perfect. I probably would have died aot more if I didn't use it.

Still a 9/10 game for me tbh. Story was so good.

I agree. The battles dont get necessarily "better" but the more intricate attacks you can string together, while using some abilities to cancel or nullify attacks make it a much better experience.

FF16 was a step ahead of 15, but it is quite apparent SE's best talent is working on VII trilogy or XIV at this point.

Ive played through XII where I literally didn't need to input button commands thanks to the Gambit system. I know brain-dead gameplay. :lol:

Up the difficulty so the enemies are simply damage sponges and you'll get a much better experience in 16 as well. :lol::smh:

Its a good game. Not great; Rebirth coming out so close to it shines an even worse light on it.

I beat FF7 Remake yesterday, replaying it on Hard mode...not being able to use items is going to be a problem with some of these boss fights. I feel like the dodge button is completely useless. Some bosses have so many stun-lock abilities, can't dodge them.

I am also seeing the members that you aren't controlling really don't do much unless you command them to, and even then, they hardly attack to build ATP...lol.

Going to be a fun challenge next few weeks.

Is mlb the show 2024 worth the extra $40 or should I just buy 2023? I don’t keep up with baseball so I’m not too worried about the rosters or whatever

P3R is even better, imo :wink:

I'm alnost done with my 2nd play through... will probably be at 140 hours when Im done. Just trying to get the last achievement by getting all social links maxed out

Back
Top Bottom