The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One more thing that a lot of people don’t talk talk when discussing Gamepass is pricing. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone pay retail for the subscriptions. Most people, myself included, got Gamepass through a deal i.e. buy 3 years of Live off of CDKeys for a discounted price and then pay $1 to convert all 3 years to Gamepass Ultimate. I’ll be curious to see if people are willing to pay $15 per month when those deals go away or even more when Xbox decides to bump that price.

yea they will pay why cause Netflix proved its a working model once ur in the ecosystem you pay

The gaming corps proved they can charge whatever they want most times as long as they slide it in slow

they have us paying 70$ for games now. Guess what they will still have micro transactions.

at the end of the day that's all that matters really

exclusives matter yes but Sony needs to get off their high horse and stop acting like they have this generation in the bag.

exclusives help Sony but game pass is a value and if Xbox puts out like 3 to 4 exclusives that are at least b+ Sony will have to do something

Sony next few big exclusives are basically ps4 games up scaled. RC showed what the ps5 can do, but consumers are going to want more.

with ps5 hype at a all time high ask urself is cause oh I want it to play the same dang games or is sacristy and FOMO

I like my PS5 but as those Xbox exclusives and other games on Gamepass especially those that are multiplayer I’m shifting hard.

good play by Xbox by putting a lot of multiplayer games in gamepass too. They trying to get u and ur friends hooked.

Jet pack just made because he stuck with his expensive Xbox playing old *** games from 6 years ago. Meanwhile we enjoying all the new hits on PS5.

I mean outside of a few games. Most ps4 users are playing them same hits and will be for the rest of the year and into next tbh…. This generation is off to a slow start.

again I own both after I’m done with RC I will be on my Xbox. Yakuza series free and I will be playing that. For a long while since there is nothing left in each console coming out over the summer.

JJetpac really got banned from the thread?

For that exchange? This definitely ain't the NT Playstation of yester year.

Dudes would defend the honor of Sony and Microsoft to the point of threats of physical violence in the OG thread. :lol::smh:

Jet pack just made because he stuck with his expensive Xbox playing old *** games from 6 years ago. Meanwhile we enjoying all the new hits on PS5.

Had a Facebook friend who’s an Xbox head ask what PS exclusives I’ll be playing this Holiday sarcastically, I asked in return what Xbox exclusives has he played since launch… he answered with Gears 5 and Forza 4.. two Xbox one games 😭

exclusives matter yes but Sony needs to get off their high horse and stop acting like they have this generation in the bag.

exclusives help Sony but game pass is a value and if Xbox puts out like 3 to 4 exclusives that are at least b+ Sony will have to do something

value is completely subjective

if i have a choice between watching 120 royals games on tv or 17 chiefs games, im going to watch the 17 chiefs games

it doesnt matter if the mlb offers me 200 royals games or 1000, no amount of royals games is going to get me to change my mind

i didnt watch the xbox conference (cause i dont care), but the impression i got from the coverage is that the competition that used to be there isnt there anymore, sony isnt going to make the ps3 mistakes again

this isnt some yankees red-sox competition, this is the royals trying to convince you to watch their games and the chiefs trying to convince you to watch their games

I mean outside of a few games. Most ps4 users are playing them same hits and will be for the rest of the year and into next tbh…. This generation is off to a slow start.

again I own both after I’m done with RC I will be on my Xbox. Yakuza series free and I will be playing that. For a long while since there is nothing left in each console coming out over the summer.
After R&C, I got Resident Evil Village, Hitman
Had a Facebook friend who’s an Xbox head ask what PS exclusives I’ll be playing this Holiday sarcastically, I asked in return what Xbox exclusives has he played since launch… he answered with Gears 5 and Forza 4.. two Xbox one games 😭
we legit have Miles Morales, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank. That’s a good lil lineup of exclusives starting out. Not to mention Astros Playroom. Xbox doesn’t have many exclusive games right now.

i still have to play spiderman.. ive been so preoccupied with cold war and 2k i havent touched any other game... still have to cop ratchet and clank and resident evil... so for me i have more than enough games to play...i actually use my ps5 a lot more than my ps4 too lol

value is completely subjective

if i have a choice between watching 120 royals games on tv or 17 chiefs games, im going to watch the 17 chiefs games

it doesnt matter if the mlb offers me 200 royals games or 1000, no amount of royals games is going to get me to change my mind

i didnt watch the xbox conference (cause i dont care), but the impression i got from the coverage is that the competition that used to be there isnt there anymore, sony isnt going to make the ps3 mistakes again

this isnt some yankees red-sox competition, this is the royals trying to convince you to watch their games and the chiefs trying to convince you to watch their games

did you compare baseball And football. That’s not a good analogy at all.

you just don’t like Xbox and I guess that’s fine.

This is why Xbox is winning :lol:
I want to play marvel vs capcom 2 and jojo hd with out having to connect my PS3 each time

PS3 will forever hurt Sony. That's why they stopped with the exotic hardware from PS4 onwards.
You can't make a console backwards with PS3 without making it like $700 or even more since you will need the physical hardware in the console. You can't emulate PS3 and expect all games to run fine and also no factory wants to be producing CELL chips in 2021

This is why I'm not getting rid of my PS3. Sold my PS4 pro though.

I was playing R&C: Rift Apart high this morning :wow: I was hopping dimensions forreal. Platforming heaven. Can’t even imagine what Insomniac is gonna do with Spider-Man 2. The little bit of time they had to develop Miles Morales after Spider-Man PS4 allowed them to legit create a masterpiece. This generation of gaming is gonna be out of control

Insomniac said they've only just scratched the surface of the PS5 as well. Can't wait for studios to really get stuck in.

Sony next few big exclusives are basically ps4 games up scaled. RC showed what the ps5 can do, but consumers are going to want more.

with ps5 hype at a all time high ask urself is cause oh I want it to play the same dang games or is sacristy and FOMO

I like my PS5 but as those Xbox exclusives and other games on Gamepass especially those that are multiplayer I’m shifting hard.

good play by Xbox by putting a lot of multiplayer games in gamepass too. They trying to get u and ur friends hooked.

I don't think Sony is on a high horse. They have a formula that works and that formula doesn't work well with the gamepass model.

They are not complacent either which is why they're opening there cheque books signing as much exclusives as they can. I thought FF7 remake would be available on other consoles now.
FFXVI, Forspoken, Deathloop, Kena, Ghostwire Tokyo and more indies are all timed exclusives and 2 of those are Bethesda titles.

We'll see how strong Sony's exclusives really are with no gamepass and $70 at launch because no one throws this same argument at Nintendo.
Nintendo fans are used to paying a premium but how else you going to play Mario or Zelda. Even the $20 fee for online is too much but it's the only way to play Mario Kart or Smash online.
Nintendo games also hardly go down in price but their evergreens never leave the chart.

MS need to come hard with their exclusives to make the value proposition really count because big third parties are not launching day 1 on Gamepass and the library is always changing. There is always big news about what is coming on but delisted games like Witcher 3, Tekken 7 and Red Dead 2, etc never spoken of. You can see all the games that have left the service here. Nearly 400.

The strength will be the first party titles that never leave the service which is why Bethesda was a huge get for them. If they can launch hit after hit then there may be pressure on Sony but it will depend on how people value Sony's 1st party because Gamepass won't stop people buying Mario and Zelda etc. Let's see if it stops them buying things like Spider-Man and TLOU.
No one is standing still so let's see how it plays out.

Been thinking about getting a steering wheel for my PS5 but not sure how great any of them are...

Last one I used was my cousins way back on Gran Turismo 2 :lol:

GranTurismo2.jpg

I see people on YouTube with a whole sim set up but I'm not trying to spend $1k for something I'll only use from time to time :ohwell:

Any advice from those who own one?

I was thinking of getting Ratchet and Clank but just downloaded the Star Wars Fallen Order upgrade for free instead.

Back
Top Bottom