The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
depends on what direction they go with this. if its like hitman a sandbox puzzle stealth action game it's a instant pre order for me. IO has mastered those kind of games. if its a story based action game with some stealth elements ill wait to see reviews.

If this is the direction, then they are underselling the Bond franchise considerably.

I understand that is their pedigree, but Bond is an elaborate villian, big chase scenes, and almost always a stealth scene that never works out. :lol:

If this is the direction, then they are underselling the Bond franchise considerably.

I understand that is their pedigree, but Bond is an elaborate villian, big chase scenes, and almost always a stealth scene that never works out. :lol:

agreed, it's my preference tho. love stealth/puzzle games. but io does not have the best record with action games. both kane and lynch sucked almost bankrupted them. never played freedom fighters.

GOT sounds cool and I haven't played it yet. I could play it on the ps5 when I get one and it'll upscale or do I need to do something?

So when I first booted up COD it said my TV didn't support HDR. I ended up figuring out that I had to change some TV settings to "enhanced HDMI mode".

My question is does that automatically switch COD to play in HDR or is there something else I have to do?

I love TLOU2. The only thing I would change is where they split from Ellie's story to Abbys. I was such in a rush to back to Ellie's story because of the cutscene with Joel's brother. I find men complaining about this game a little odd. Do you guys find strong women characters threatening to the status quo? 😂

Out of town for business until Sunday, so missing the PS5 pretty bad. Didn’t get to play much last weekend after needing to replace my media center because this thing is so massive… lmao. Anyhoo, here’s what I can report so far after finally getting all set-up.

Games Purchased:
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate PS5 (purchased Tuesday while out of town)
Mile Morales PS5
AC Vahalla PS4 (used target B2,G1)
COD Cold War PS5

Games Played:
Astro's Playroom - really like it but I'm am a bit spoiled by the VR version on PS4. Ray tracing is evident.
COD Cold War - Only made it through the beginning sequence, so too early to form an opinion. On the first attempt, the console did shut down and went through the rebuild database thing.

Pulse 3D (2020) vs. Pulse Elite Headset (2012):

First, both pair up with no issues. Just insert the dongle and power up (front or back of console). All controls work and the appropriate UI pops up on the screen for volume and mix, etc.

For the Pulse Elite, all of the modes are disabled. When you hit the mode button, you hear the change tone but the lady's voice that used say, "game, shooter, racing, fighter, music, and movie", are completely absent. I looked in the PSN store for the "Headset Companion App" but it is not there for the 5. So modes are gone...

The Bass Impact feature seems to be run by the logic in the app as well because when playing Astro, the rumble was not in sync with the game. It was almost as if it was just producing random noise at times. Will play with this more when I have time as I could have just had the bass impact volume sensitivity/volume set too high. Regardless, just like in the past, it does add another level of immersion as you can really feel the rumble.

Moving towards sound, both sound great but the newer Pulse 3D's really shine when it comes to clarity and sound separation (spatialization). Granted they represent 8 years of evolution since the Pulse Elites released, I still think credit for the advancement is well warranted. The 3D audio is quite impressive to me as there were two occasions when I went to leave the man cave and two things led to a bit of hesitation after pausing the game:

1. The Pulse 3D's are so light and comfortable, that you sort of forget that you have them on after you have been playing for a while... which leads to #2.
2. The sound is so full (in a completely silent room) that it took a moment for me to be sure I still had headphones on and I was not hearing my actual sound system on low volume.

In my opinion, this headset is a homerun for $99. It's not a perfect product overall but for $99 is absolutely is...

Minor issues for me:

1. I could always go for more volume. When I have my single room A/C running, I can still hear it. If you have ever owned a pair of the original Beats Studio headsets, you know what real noise cancellation is capable of.. even by standards of a decade ago. These IMHO, do not seem to have anything close to that capability. So if you are not in a silent room, you will miss the ability to go louder than the max to cover up outside noise.

2. My head is not on the petite side, so when stretching the headphone to put them on, I can hear the band creaking and stretching - so like many older Sony headsets of the past, some cracking after the plastics become more brittle is expected. At which point, you can sell them and replace them for not much of a loss.

I still may try out the Steel Series 7X since it will work on the series X and the 5, mostly for more volume but I do not have any desire to wear anything with any weight or heft after experiencing the weightlessness of the Pulse 3D.

Other Accessory Opinions:

- Charging station works great and looks even better next to the console.
- DualSense is power hungry, I suggest you get a long female/female USB C Cable.
- Haven't opened the camera - don't think I need it since it cannot be used for VR. Might return...
- Media remote is out of the package and fits perfectly under the right hand of the console when horizontal but I have not paired it up.

LMK if there are any other questions - happy gaming everyone.

waiting for them to add HBO Max to PS5 apps and I may turn my PS5 into the All in one hub I've wanted.
This thing receives the internet like no other gaming console I've ever had(coming from a base PS4)

On the fence about the media remote since the tv remote can get me to where I need to go.

Reactions: g14
So when I first booted up COD it said my TV didn't support HDR. I ended up figuring out that I had to change some TV settings to "enhanced HDMI mode".

My question is does that automatically switch COD to play in HDR or is there something else I have to do?

I assume Cold War?

Looking through Reddit it appears there are some issues with both HDR and refresh rate on PS5. I am not versed in that technical side, but I suggest having a look there unless someone has exact experience in here.

- PS5/HDR in comments

Just got my console today. Nice so far

but damn every game keeps crashing cant even get past the home screen of MM and one multiplayer game in on cod system froze

reminds me of all the bugs the ps4 had at launch

Haven’t played either but seeing on Reddit that a lot of people have TLOU2 over GoT for game of the year. It’s a bit confusing because I remember TLOU2 not being that well received at release. You never know with Reddit, but that discrepancy almost makes it feel like bots are trying to campaign for TLOU2.

For those that have played both, if you had to pick one or the other for goty which would it be?

I haven't played GOT, but ill acquire it once I finish MM & my PS4 backlog.
But people didn't like TLOU2 due to the storyline not fitting what THEY wanted to happen. :rolleyes

To me, it's one of the best games on the console. I posted my detailed thoughts about the game in the old thread if you want to read it, but it does contain spoilers.

TLOU2 Review:

PO

Stay lurking popfndr.

Target 26 miles away was showing 6 in stock earlier this morning but soon after their opening time it went to zero. Wonder how accurate the info is. Would hate to drive across town for nothing

I hope my cod download is done when I get home so I can finally play it... been downloading it since Monday night lol...

Back
Top Bottom