The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was going to recommend this too, but the answer is yes this is great for the feature set at that price. Not sure i'd call it budget though.
Definitely not a budget, more like a mid-tier. But it is excellent for the price. 400HDR is bright enough, it has solid color accuracy, and pretty damn reasonable for a 4K/144hz combo alone for any size.

So y'all think Sony in trouble yet?

Wouldn't say trouble but this major Insomniac leak after the TLOU Factions cancellation is not a good look.

Unless Rise of the Ronin comes out of nowhere like Ghost of Tsushima did 2024 is looking light as far as exclusives.

2025 and beyond does look promising based off that Insomniac leak alone.

That's without considering what Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studios has down the pipeline.

What would you recommend for under 500 bones. Ima newb when it comes to **** like this.
At that size, the one you posted really. 4K, IPS, HDMI 2.1, 144hz, price, it would be my preference. I wouldn't care about HDR at that price point. Plus if you don't like it you can always return to Amazon.

Did you get the Ultimate Edition? The regular one isn’t enhanced for next gen. Regardless, it’s not a true next gen game.
Yeah I downloaded it and really expected a much better upgrade. It’s crazy because I played GOT when I first got the PS5 and felt the graphics were great and on par with what followed. Think I’ll just get RE4 or a different game instead.

Rise of the Ronin | Preview Details:

- Play as a work-for-hire warrior (Ronin), called a "Veiled Edge"
- Protagonist is a set character with a "fleshed-out backstory"
- Freely explorable Japan: Yokohama, Kyoto, and Edo (Tokyo) with countryside and rural areas between cities
- More grounded historical drama compared to Nioh and Wo Long; expect to meet real figures like Sakamoto Ryōma and Yoshida Shōin
- Features decision-making and convos with multiple dialogue choices, a first for a Team Ninja game
- Your decisions throughout the game will have an effect, multiple endings
- Bond Missions: Helping specific characters to improve your relationship
- Variety of weapon styles: katanas, polearms, guns, parrying, setting katana on fire for extra damage
- Team Ninja says to expect the same tough challenge as their previous games

image.png

Sheesh these ransomware hackers.

Treasure trove of Information. Apparently this is info as of Feb 2022 so getting close to 2 years old now.

Bloodborne sold a lot more than I thought.
Horizon is really up there with the rest but doesn't always get the recognition.
Days Gone is confusing. I still don't know why this game never got a 2nd chance.

Their PC ports aren’t doing that well. R&C didn’t make any money. Those licensed IPs cost a lost of money which I assume means the return isn’t as great as say something like God of War. Then you got all the ND stuff going on right now. We don’t really have a roadmap for 2024 outside of second party stuff. Venom, according to the leak, is 2025. I assume that’s possibly a holiday release.

I’m not saying it’s all doom and gloom but as a PS fan, there doesn’t seem like there’s a lot to be excited for. I’d like to assume they’re maybe holding things close to the chest with a plan to reveal and release within 8-12 months but that’s never been their mo.

R&C did make money

1703085215605.jpeg

The licensed games are moving hardware so its still a net net benefit and the sales for Spider-Man are great.

Also, I don't think the PC ports are costing Sony too much. Even though some have flopped its still a net positive with all the games they've brought out.
Horizon, God of War and Days Gone, Spider-Man all did well and they bought a studio to port those games too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ND stuff as they always had multiple games in development at the same time.
I would be more worried about the quality of their games dipping than a delay.

We still don't know what a lot of their studios are doing and 2024 kicks off with FFVII Rebirth so I can't say the lineup is bad.

Bloodborne selling 7.5M and not getting a sequel is nuts. Driveclub selling 5M (despite the terrible launch) and the studio getting closed is criminal.

Not sure From Software would've had the time due to all the games they made afterwards. It's going to be even harder for Sony to get an exclusive game now though after Elden Ring.

As for Driveclub. It was on PS+. Most of its sales came at a lower price and Europe basically got it to that 5Million. I doubt it was profitable.
Shame cuz without the online Issues, I think it could've done double the sales.

I'll post it when Sony drops a AAA interactive sales chart so y'all can have something to play next year. Because seemingly, the only enjoyment y'all dudes getting outta the console is their sales.

They'll charge $70 for it too. It will be a launch title for the $700 Pro model

Already preordered.

PS5.png

Back
Top Bottom