The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It looks like the missions got the biggest increases…. They remind me of the license tests which im horrible at… no matter how many times I do it I cant get gold… kinda frustrating but im a just stay in my lane and skip them all together lol… im almost finished with the café races… im at the supra one now… cant wait to finish that because ive been wanting that car for the longest along with the GTR which I will get later on… What licenses do you need for the café races? I only finished the first two licenses hopefully that is good enough… that Porsche championship is no joke like you said… I finished on first try but it was tough… I got the tuning from gtplanet and it worked flawless… had trouble at one track forgot the name but it was raining hard the last 2 laps…it was a 5 lap race and I was at lap 4 with a big lead… but then I spun out at one of the corners towards the end of lap 4 and ended up being third… I thought I lost the race because my lap time was 1 minute slower than my 3rd lap and I was 20 seconds out the lead…I ended up catching up over took the 1st place guy and kept the lead since then… the AI must have had trouble in the rain too lol

TLDR x 1000

So.... By the time PS2 was releasing, I was working pretty hard and focused heavily on rapid career advancement... so I wasn't tracking health, sneakers, tech, car audio, or almost any of my side interests - just focused on work and obtaining my first personal home and a very specific new car (Honda S2000).

Well, one of my first team members included one of my play brothers (a good friend going way back to elementary school) and he had placed a deposit down at Gamestop or whatever it used to be called, for the PS2. As the release date approached, he didn't have the extra funds to cop and asked if I wanted his pre-order. Emotionally, it hit me like a ton of bricks because I still cared a great deal about such things, I had just been preoccupied so this was a huge gaming "I'm back" sign from the universe, lolol. So I cashed him out for the deposit plus like $25 for the favor and he gave me the receipt - I was in!

So on release day, I arrived at the store around 9am and when I finally got to the register - I explained that I was there to pick-up my PS2. The cashier who was later discovered to be an assistant manager, looked at my receipt and then accepted my remaining funds and said you're all set! I was standing there full of glee and the cashier asks if there is anything else I need... Of course, I told him I need my console and told him which games I wanted to go-with... He looks at me all confused and says he'll call when my console arrives. I look at my girlfriend (now wife and mother of my children) in total bewilderment - my brain was literally stuck on "loading".

Once I regained most of my consciousness, I asked what he meant? I just purchased the console and it was release day, wtf are you talking about? He says he doesn't have any more consoles to release that day... So I asked why he just took my money and he says he misunderstood what I wanted to do but there were no more PS2s. There was quite a bit of back n' forth and he asked if I would step out of line because there was nothing he could do. I felt trapped in a nightmare - to go from sheer glee to hopelessness within minutes was quite a transition.

So my next thought was, I'll keep this pre-order but take the remaining funds and shop elsewhere for a console and cancel this one altogether if successful. My mindset is now to find a PS2 TODAY and nothing will stop me... So I get back in line and see him hand two consoles to other customers after paying off their pre-order and even as a young 20-year-old guy, I can feel my blood pressure skyrocketing. When I get back to the register, I tell him to refund me everything except the reservation funds and I will wait for the call and pay it off when I take delivery... He says nope, if you do that, you will lose your place in line. It's a full cancellation or wait for the call.

At this point, I've totally lost my ish - I am telling him to get the manager on the phone because he 100% FARKED UP and had no answers to resolve... He calls the manager and now they are collectively offering me nothing until finally, the store manager mentions that UPS is supposed to be making another delivery that morning and if they have some, one would be mine. At this point, about 1.5hrs have passed and now I need to wait for a random UPS delivery. I accept waiting, send the girlfriend to get us some grub and I waited at the fountain right outside the store (inside of the mall). Around 11:30am, UPS walks up with a trolley and I see some Sony CEH boxes as he enters the store, I remain calm and allow him to deliver the boxes and exit the store. I go back in after a few minutes and ask if "we're" good now and he says no, no consoles on that delivery so just wait for the call.

I am now at my wits end - I don't process loss very well when I have not contributed to it or been previously aware of poor odds - never have. Now I am screaming and telling him I am calling the cops so I can have a police report of the whole ordeal. I want simply want my partial refund and I want to be called back just as soon as another console is available - BECAUSE OF HIS ERROR.

Suddenly - the guy turns purple, calls the manager back, hangs up the phone, comes back with a console and says they keep one extra in the manager's office for customer sat situations like this... Sheeshus. Left with my console and purchased games and accessories somewhere else... think I went to both Wally and Best Buy for some stuff. Just ridiculous... After I got home and fired up the console that night, all of the residue from that morning's ordeal washed away and I was as happy as Ralphie on Christmas morning with his Red Ryder BB-Gun.

you go boy you go boy I struggled with the licenses until I did 2 things. 1, watched the demo to see when he would brake/how fast he was going and tried to replicate. I also turned off my ghost car and turned on the demo ghost car and followed him. I'm waiting until I complete the menus so I can go back and try to get gold on everything.

About to Start Journey 3 on Elden Ring. Just loaded up on all the Somber and Smithing Stones so I can try out some new builds.
What builds are yall having the most fun with? I have already tried bleed/dex, Int and Faith and some most recently Faith/Strength and Pyro. Any suggestions? This game is amazing. I have been wanting to start Tiny Tinas Wonderland but I keep coming back to ER lol.

I played a basic samurai build the whole time. Keen uchigatana and stopped leveling at 120. I failed a few NPC quests but explored everything. Definitely struggled a bit end game.

Last night I redid my specs to a rivers of blood build and it's OP as hell lol. Mainly just helping people co-op Malenia and other end game bosses.

you go boy you go boy I struggled with the licenses until I did 2 things. 1, watched the demo to see when he would brake/how fast he was going and tried to replicate. I also turned off my ghost car and turned on the demo ghost car and followed him. I'm waiting until I complete the menus so I can go back and try to get gold on everything.
100% this. You can learn so much, especially the braking points and the cornering speeds. I don't use the ghost car cuz it's too distracting.

But folks, go do your Circuit Experience!

You guys going after licenses are better than me. After the Supra trial, I decided I’m never touching those MFs again if I don’t need to for the sake of my sanity.

By the way, I got the update but no free $. The race payout did increase a **** ton though so I’m pretty happy about that.

Returnals was a great game.

Def not for everyone. You gotta be built different (like me) to beat it 8)

200.gif

I have gold on all the licenses so far. Just about to start the super license. I keep bouncing back and forth between them, missions and menu books

You guys going after licenses are better than me. After the Supra trial, I decided I’m never touching those MFs again if I don’t need to for the sake of my sanity.

I came in here to complain about this. I've restarted the race at least 24 times today. Currently streaming.

12 min mark

Someone let me know what I'm doing wrong lol

Last edited:
the WTC 600 championship is no joke my goodness...i really got lucky i even won... the first race i barely got 1st... second race i got 2nd and the third race i got 3rd... luckily i won the overall standings by like 2 points lol...the third race i was like improving my laps each time so i thought i had a chance but couldnt catch 2nd or 1st place... i hate that every race your last and you really have to fight to get to first... and sometimes the only time you get to first is by the last lap and it might be too late especially if your not close to the top 2

the WTC 600 championship is no joke my goodness...i really got lucky i even won... the first race i barely got 1st... second race i got 2nd and the third race i got 3rd... luckily i won the overall standings by like 2 points lol...the third race i was like improving my laps each time so i thought i had a chance but couldnt catch 2nd or 1st place... i hate that every race your last and you really have to fight to get to first... and sometimes the only time you get to first is by the last lap and it might be too late especially if your not close to the top 2
I was having trouble at first and then I used an Evo… Beat it on my first try.

Back
Top Bottom