The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dead Island 2 main quest down. SOLID 8/10 game for me IMO

Just the fact it’s polished on release was huge considering the development hell it went through. Don’t regret the $65 I spent, but I know people will love waiting for the sale. Get it when it drops price fast, you won’t be disappointed.

I’m still marveling over the lighting and environments in game, if you have a next gen console it’s a must play. The baked in lighting will make sure the game won’t age bad visually.

I got a kick of how faithful Santa Monica looked.

45315AC5-0423-4D46-ADA2-CF47760F3FBA.jpeg
3BC877AB-BF8C-4127-98F7-989694DB4FC4.jpeg
D595BDA0-7E69-4547-9509-A6F792EC9E19.jpeg
571CC0D7-E824-427F-8ED4-E0CB8023A7DB.jpeg

A movie about a racing game sounds boring af.. but that Ford vs Ferrari movie was dope... so as long as they can make the story interesting... which I also doubt... it could be good, I guess. Not holding my breath.

I’ll check it out on Netflix. It just looks like a cool little movie you’d watch once and not feel any type of way.

I generally like his movies... but they are all extremely over the top and I dont know how it will translate for a movie like this.

To be honest Jedi looks and feels like a PS4 game. Just disgusted by this nonsense.

Jedi Survivor has received has basically universal acclaim while some outlets have mentioned the technical issues it hasn't been made that big a deal of it for the most part.

I guess because it isn't an absolute dumpster fire like EA usually puts out and because it's Star Wars the game got a little reprieve.

I’m not making excuses for and of these developers/publishers but people gotta realize that YMMV when it comes to these games. Not everybody has the same experience. I remember people talking about Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and how it was a mess. I played that game and got the platinum and didn’t have any crashes or bugs. My friend is playing Jedi Survivor on stream and seems like he’s having the “perfect” experience.

Apparently another critical flop for LBox with redfall.

Another game that needed more time in the oven like Star Wars, Gotham Knights etc
You have to wonder why Publishers keep pushing unfinished games out. I know sometimes they try and squeeze it in before the financial quarter/year is over so that their results look good for shareholders but in the long run is it worth it putting out stuff like this?

It was in development for all platforms before MS took over though so maybe they saw it wasn't progressing and just thought they might as well release it and get it over and done with.

A movie about a racing game sounds boring af.. but that Ford vs Ferrari movie was dope... so as long as they can make the story interesting... which I also doubt... it could be good, I guess. Not holding my breath.

Ford vs Ferrari was really good. I also enjoyed Rush. GT movie is also meant to be a real life story but not sure it will be as good as those ones.

Anyone watched the Lambo movie? Completely forgot about it till now

1683039982184.png

I know this problem has plagued the multi-platform games too, but I wonder if specifically a game pass model will eventually promote mediocrity and complacency for xb exclusives.

Like is the extra time, cost, and quality control to push a game from being mid to critically acclaimed going to attract enough new subscribers to be worth the cost? Or do you just put out enough of a steady stream of mid instead so you’re not getting potentially diminishing returns by taking that extra time a game needs to elevate it.

I know the argument then might be that there isn’t really a difference in cost and time for a mid vs great AAA title. But maybe some of these games are doomed to fail way earlier in development due to the crunch of just having to put out something to make money. Even if it’s a completely soulless game.

Last edited:
Jedi Survivor has received has basically universal acclaim while some outlets have mentioned the technical issues it hasn't been made that big a deal of it for the most part.

I guess because it isn't an absolute dumpster fire like EA usually puts out and because it's Star Wars the game got a little reprieve.
I think you’re right about getting a reprieve. I’m not even a big gamer like that where I have time to play games for hours on end everyday . I play in short bursts (maybe 45 minutes on the weekdays and an hour on the weekends) so I don’t want to wait for multiple patches to make sure that a game is stable. I’m by no means a video game purist or snob (I actually liked Gotham Knights) but it is hard to go from visually appealing and awesome games like GOWR, Sonic, Spider-Man, GOG, Harry Potter, GT7 to this game.

There hasnt been true fanboyism on Niketalk since the PS3/360 era.

With maybe a few rare exceptions, all the regulars have their preferences but I rarely see anyone posting anything wildly egregious. And if it is, it is entirely for laughs.
It’s not bad on NT but Twitter/YouTube is the wild Wild West :lol:

Back
Top Bottom