The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let’s be honest we all knew something has been going on with factions 2. Every couple months Neil says in a few months we will show it off. In 3yrs all we have is concept art. Just tack it on to the rumor directors cut of part 2

Factions delayed, in trouble :frown:

This part from the Bloomberg article is super interesting:

Naughty Dog has been developing the multiplayer title for at least four years. It started as a complementary mode to The Last of Us: Part II, the single-player game released in 2020, but the creators grew ambitious and decided to make it into its own game, Naughty Dog said.

Sony has invested heavily in "games as a service," or video games designed to be monetized beyond their initial sales through ongoing purchases. As part of that push it asked another of its video-game studios, Seattle-based Bungie, to evaluate the games across its portfolio. Bungie raised questions about the The Last of Us multiplayer project's ability to keep players engaged for a long period of time, which led to the reassessment.

Bungie with the clipboard assessing all the GaaS games. :lol:
Makes sense as Sony said this was one of the main reasons why they bought Bungie.

I'm going to speculate that Bungie saw Fairgame$ and Concord and were happy with it which is why Sony bought Haven and Firewalk before they even shipped a game.

The ones that probably didn't pass the test was TLOU Factions and the game from Deviation games which is probably why Faction got pushed again and Deviation had like half the staff layed off instead of being acquired. That game and probably the studio is probably dead.

Good news for Sony I guess since they need a Live Service game that will stick.
I'm with swendro swendro though. The reveal for all 3 first party live service games were wack, especially Concord.

Fairgame$ looks like a flop in the making. Jim Ryan gonna find himself in a different line of work in a few years :lol:

Last edited:
People imediately called out the flaw in the premise of Fairgames.

"The rich have too much money, so we're going to take it. But if we encounter other people out to take the rich's money, we have to kill them."
Um, couldn't you all team up to take the money?

The Marathon trailer, for being CGI, was a 10 out of 10 imo.

Idk if this was posted, but they also get a pass because they followed up with a vid giving more details. It does sound cool.

I get Sony wanting to have its own Fortnite but those games are an anomaly. I don’t think you just make a game like and know it’s going to be the next big thing. They already have a stake in Epic Games. Just take that money and continue making the games that got you to where you are now.

Is Factions "in trouble" in a Naughty Dog hasn't reached its level of quality-type trouble, or a Redfall-type trouble?

I shouldn't say that without playing it, honestly. Let me just fire up GamePass here, and launch it from the Top 50 section....

Wait a second.

I get Sony wanting to have its own Fortnite but those games are an anomaly. I don’t think you just make a game like and know it’s going to be the next big thing. They already have a stake in Epic Games. Just take that money and continue making the games that got you to where you are now.

All 3 live service games they announced were from 3 newly acquired studios so I don't see the problem in them expanding their catalogue.
Now if they told Guerrilla, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch etc. to completely pivot from single player games for live service games then we have a problem.

A live service game being a hit could easily pay for the single player games we like and they don't have to be Fornite big either. Look at the Steam top played games: Live serice everywhere.

1685207766258.png

You have games like PAYDAY 2 and Warframe which are like 10 years old still bringing in money from microtransactions. It's much better to have a dedicated studio for these kind of games like Bungie is doing with Destiny than to force studios to change.

I think they're executing their plan well.

ps5-first-party-2.large.jpg

A real pivot was Microsoft with Kinect on the 360 and we all know how that went.

People imediately called out the flaw in the premise of Fairgames.

"The rich have too much money, so we're going to take it. But if we encounter other people out to take the rich's money, we have to kill them."
Um, couldn't you all team up to take the money?

The Marathon trailer, for being CGI, was a 10 out of 10 imo.

Idk if this was posted, but they also get a pass because they followed up with a vid giving more details. It does sound cool.

I don't think that premise is flawed with Human greed.

For me, having all 3 revealed with CGI was the annoying thing. All 3 games needed a State of Play like the Bungie video.

People saying Fairgames$ will be a flop from CGI is a bit OTT.
I get the edgy Watch Dog punk aesthetic has been done already as well as the eat the rich thing but at least lets see some gameplay first.

Zombies have deen done to death and they are as popular as ever.

To be fair, they got where they are now cause they were $100 cheaper and made strategic partnerships with destiny and cod at the perfect time

And the reason they want these is because game dev is becoming incredibly expensive and time consuming. Having recurring revenue for 5 years instead of lump sum sales is what they wwnt

Also the stake in epic is not really doing much. Sony as a company relies on PS

Is Factions "in trouble" in a Naughty Dog hasn't reached its level of quality-type trouble, or a Redfall-type trouble?

I shouldn't say that without playing it, honestly. Let me just fire up GamePass here, and launch it from the Top 50 section....

Wait a second.

1 game released and one is going to be cancelled after 4 years of work. I guess you’ll be playing air then

A real pivot was Microsoft with Kinect on the 360 and we all know how that went.

It was the xbox one where MS really pushed the connect and media capabilities plus the online drm that lost them a generation, not the 360. And yes it was about as dumb as can be.

Bungee making “Halo Rust?” pass. No games shown outside of Spidey and MGS3 interest me.

Playstation will continue to be a paperweight until Ghost 2 is announced (haven’t fired it up since xmas).

How is Nintendo of all consoles destroying Sony 😂

Kojima = NTs most overrated developer since MGS4.

Naughty Dog = Just give me the last of us 3 and shut up.

MS = Just stick to being the best 3rd party console, y’all suck at games. Period.

Man I don't care what the popular opinion is. Death Stranding was super enjoyable for me.

I think his stories are needlessly convoluted to the absolute maximum... but what metric are we saying they aren't great games? Critically or commercially they are successful.

just wish listed TLOU2
Guess ill pick it up when it's on sale.
WILD there isn't a ps5 version out yet
Knowing my luck this is gonna turn into Control for me all over again.
Im gonna buy it and then itll be on ps+

Man I don't care what the popular opinion is. Death Stranding was super enjoyable for me.

I think his stories are needlessly convoluted to the absolute maximum... but what metric are we saying they aren't great games? Critically or commercially they are successful.

I enjoyed "The Outfit" on Xbox 360. Throughly actually. Still didn't make it a good game.
That's Kojima in a nut shell. ONE hit series and a Fed Ex simulator. ANYBODY else releases that game and it bombs. Joint was mad butt cheeks

Wish the TLoU remake would sell for $30.

Let’s be real, this console generation, maybe due to COVID and the second order effects, has been disappointing three years in.

Would ya say Ratchet and Clank is the best game graphically for PS5?

It’s really the only major first-party title that wasn’t cross gen.

Back
Top Bottom