The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What games have they done since the Last of Us or Uncharted series?

The Last of Us Part I
The Last of Us Part II
The Last of Us Part II Remaster

boom-bang.gif

What games have they done since the Last of Us or Uncharted series?

my point. LoU2 came out in what 2020? UC4 2016? Studio departures, now a failed GaaS.

This is a what have you done for me lately thing. Lou and UC are still my two favorite franchises. It’s that they need to deliver something soon imo. Like I said, Not popular opinion and I’ll take heat. But they need something to put themselves on the current gen map.

What is development cycles now, 5 years? We’re coming up on 5 soon and not a hint of something new.

This wasn't going to be good anyways so I don't mind.

All that work they put in shouldn’t be wasted. Take the blueprint or w/e was created so far and change the skins, give it to another crew to build better game mechanics/make a story, and make a new multiplayer/online game out of it.

Never understood studios being so willing to ditch hours of work put in and at times a lot of money spent to ditch a game. Whether it’s scripts, code being written, etc. That **** gonna get used somehow someway.

Last edited:
All that work they put in shouldn’t be wasted. Take the blueprint or w/e was created so far and change the skins, give it to another crew to build better game mechanics/make a story, and make a new multiplayer/online game out of it.

Never understood studios being so willing to ditch hours of work put in and at times a lot of money spent to ditch a game. Whether it’s scripts, code being written, etc. That **** gonna get used somehow someway.
I’m sure some of that will definitely be used for Part III.

Have had the PS5 a month, am completely overjoyed by it. I've never owned a PS for anything other than Guitar Hero for PS2 (didn't have any other PS2 games).

I don't know why I had an affinity to Xbox but PS is 20x better.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

Will tell you it’s all about pc, cloud gaming, mobile and tablet ganing. Maybe 2 gens from now Microsoft will be relevant and be the leader with gamepass :lol:

Dude really came in here pointing out how dev cycles are 5 years and wants something new from ND next week.

TLOU Online was in development back during TLOU 2 development and it JUST got cancelled.

How many years ago was that? Count it with me children…

View attachment 3204571

Please quote where I said next week? I’m a ND fan above most devs but some of y’all need to let go of their nuts and learn how to walk. ND is living off the past this point in time.

If they come out with a trailer in the next year showing us something new. Great. I don’t need ps5 versions of old games. As far as everyone knows they spent their time making Factions 2 only to cancel it.

Last edited:
Please quote where I said next week? I’m a ND fan above most devs but some of y’all need to let go of their nuts and learn how to walk. ND is living off the past this point in time.

If they come out with a trailer in the next year showing us something new. Great. I don’t need ps5 versions of old games. As far as everyone knows they spent their time making Factions 2 versions only to cancel it.
Well said!

Know your worth king, don't let these dudes try to tear you down.

Last edited:
I love that Rusty is still Rusty :nthat:

The expectation that a studio who worked on something for 5 years should give you something new, even next year, is certainly some kind of take. I honestly didn’t drop by to argue with people who don’t have a clue about development. So let’s move on from that…

The full force of the studio worked incredibly hard on TLOU online for many years. Development is difficult, long, and highly risky. The path taken to make and support massive live service game was something out of ND’s comfort zone and was a huge mountain to climb. The game was hugely ambitious. Ultimately, the best decision was made for the studio.

I’m sorry that many people were let down by the news. Like I said before development is highly risky and a lot of things happened over a long period of time that led to this decision. It sucks that the cumulative work of hundreds and hundreds of great people won’t get released but there’s a ton to be proud of and to take away from the process. I’m very proud of the technological work that was done during TLOU Online.

ND is losing their way?

Development was stopped so that the studio could transition to focus on what I consider to be the studio’s strength:

Making multiple, new, single-player, narrative focused games.

So, now the focus has turned to that path and things are cooking. We’re good over here.
I don't think that is what the dude said though.

He is saying he wished they worked on something different for all those years instead of TLOU online.

So that something new would be closer to release.

I’m picturing a kaiju game from ND

Something like Pacific Rim with a lot planetary defense unit.

Missions on foot, piloting mechs or other vehicles.

Massive scale and massive set pieces.

That or Hotline Miami

Mannnnn. Would be sweet.

Rusty…

He said:

How else am I going to take that? >D

I can't speak for dude.

But to me, he just seemed frustrated he hasn't gotten anything new, or announced, from Naughty Dog in a while

I understand it is personal for you.

But he did call out that game dev cycles take about 5 years now.

So to me, it seemed like he wished the decision to not go forward with TLOU online, and to focus on what ND is great at, happened years ago.

I have had similar arguments in the Xbox thread defending 343

Most of the things that piss off fans of games are decisions made by a select few in management and corporate

The overwhelming majority of the devs and people involved in a game's development are just regular people just trying their best.

I'm sure ND's next games with be amazing. But folk need to be patient

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom