The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I carved out 2 hours last night and jumped in to Rebirth, basically getting through the first demo area (I didnt finish the demo originally so I didn't skip any of the cutscenes).

Active combat is much better now that I have committed. I really thought the classic mode would be more my speed, but active makes more sense.

The game elicits the weirdest nostalgia. :lol: Like nostalgia/de ja vu hybrid.

I'm going to definitely take my time with it, play through blind and not worry about trophies. So far I love what I see.

Last edited:
#1 is the correct answer. The rest of the list is interesting though.

1709174418559.jpeg

6 is great, but some awful takes on that list.

Jesus I just clocked they put the FF7 remake above the original FF7 :rofl:

VIII is so underrated, I don't get the hate. IX is prob my fave game of all time, at least top 5.

A list is a list to get a reaction, but it honestly looks like "VI as number 1, then random number generator"

Fell into the hype and got helldivers …. Not feeling it . Idk if it’s because I’m playing with randoms or what but was pretty repetitive and boring .

Never played a final fantasy and not interested in playing the old ones , I just need something to keep me in the house for a minute . Can I jump right in without playing previous games?

Fell into the hype and got helldivers …. Not feeling it . Idk if it’s because I’m playing with randoms or what but was pretty repetitive and boring .

Never played a final fantasy and not interested in playing the old ones , I just need something to keep me in the house for a minute . Can I jump right in without playing previous games?

I’ve seen reviewers rec only getting it if you’re going to play with friends

VIII is so underrated, I don't get the hate. IX is prob my fave game of all time, at least top 5.
loved 8 but 7 will always be number one in my heart. I believe the hate is due to the main protagonist's demeanor of being stoic. I would say his character design is pretty cool but has a cold interaction. his storyline though is very interesting considering his origin story and how his father Laguna and Riona's mother had a relationship.

I also love 7 considering it's an underdog story as well and quite complex with what is happening. the connections among characters.

Is it possible to access my screen/vid captures on a browser (PC) or do I need to use the app for that?

loved 8 but 7 will always be number one in my heart. I believe the hate is due to the main protagonist's demeanor of being stoic. I would say his character design is pretty cool but has a cold interaction. his storyline though is very interesting considering his origin story and how his father Laguna and Riona's mother had a relationship.

I also love 7 considering it's an underdog story as well and quite complex with what is happening. the connections among characters.
Hold up!
Laguna is Squall’s Dad?!?!?!?! Was it obvious or did I miss some hidden lore? Julia is Rinoa’s Mom? Bruh I might need to replay VIII :lol:

Hold up!
Laguna is Squall’s Dad?!?!?!?! Was it obvious or did I miss some hidden lore? Julia is Rinoa’s Mom? Bruh I might need to replay VIII :lol:
what were you missing? I'm just saying that both their parents were former lovers. Laguna failed to come back from his last mission. Julia married the military guy when Laguna never came back. Laguna was out for several years, from my understanding got a coma. chose to stay on that one place orphanage where he met Squall's mom and married. again being a great guy, Laguna left again and went on that place with the techie stuff along with his 2 companions and never came back. being a great guy, Laguna never bothered to check his new lady and ignored Squall.

what were you missing? I'm just saying that both their parents were former lovers. Laguna failed to come back from his last mission. Julia married the military guy when Laguna never came back. Laguna was out for several years, from my understanding got a coma. chose to stay on that one place orphanage where he met Squall's mom and married. again being a great guy, Laguna left again and went on that place with the techie stuff along with his 2 companions and never came back. being a great guy, Laguna never bothered to check his new lady and ignored Squall.
Yeah I gotta replay this cause I don’t remember any of this. That or I didn’t care enough about the story. FF VIII was one of those ones that took me multiple tries to complete. It wasn’t until the remaster dropped in 2019 that I finished it.

I hate FF8 for the sane reason I didnt care for Evangelion... the main characters are completely unlikeable and annoying and dont know what ti do when ***** is thrown at them, which I guess is a Japanese tradition.

Bruh, don't make me take annual leave for this game.
Gonna be a long wait and I even wanted to play Crisis Core Reunion beforehand. :lol:
Damn, that’s gonna be a minute but it’s definitely worth it to get the full experience. I’m actually playing the OG at the same time to compare scenes. I couldn’t wait for this one. Had the fake cough on Monday laying the groundwork. :rofl:

Just finished the main story in SM2.

Game was fire.

Not sure what to play next. The FF7 rebirth hype is making me want to give FF7 remake a like fourth shot :lol:. Someone please tell me how to make combat enjoyable in that game.

Yeah I gotta replay this cause I don’t remember any of this. That or I didn’t care enough about the story. FF VIII was one of those ones that took me multiple tries to complete. It wasn’t until the remaster dropped in 2019 that I finished it.
I made several tries with it doing the sidequests. it was also annoying because if you miss out on certain quests or areas, you won't be able to complete or get some certain items. having said that, much later on I've learned that experimenting on certain items can acquire you to get some of those rare items that can only be acquired doing side quest (emphasis on some).
I enjoyed the card game.

can't see why you shouldn't. game for me was great. there should be conversations during the Laguna quest and Squall mission where Laguna was the leader that would imply that they are related. that plus the ending fmv. just didn't like the fact that Laguna is synonymous to Ging Freecss.

Gave FF7R another try and I might be hooked now. Guess fourth or so try might be the charm :lol:

Think I understand the combat better now. And that it’s not a souls type game or an action game like a GoW or SM. And that even though it’s more of an action game that the enemy does still get their turn like a turn-based rpg. Also this time I’m liking the anime trope shenanigans more.

Just finished the main story in SM2.

Game was fire.

Not sure what to play next. The FF7 rebirth hype is making me want to give FF7 remake a like fourth shot :lol:. Someone please tell me how to make combat enjoyable in that game.
If I just started chasing down Harry as the Big Venom, how close am I on the main storyline? Almost done taking down all the Symbiote locations. I get sad at abrupt endings :lol:

If I just started chasing down Harry as the Big Venom, how close am I on the main storyline? Almost done taking down all the Symbiote locations. I get sad at abrupt endings :lol:

In that case brace yourself fam.

Back
Top Bottom