**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Can anyone tell me how these Polo Sportsman pull-overs fit? Any other opinions on it etc. Also is there any concrete info out there about the Sportsman line? Like what era it was from etc. Couldnt find too much info about it looking through some of the earlier pages of this thread.

Last edited:
A friend and fellow lo enthusiast told me there are four versions of the 94 Indian Head sweater. The blue label crew neck and the Polo Country roll neck I own, but he said there is a shawl neck version as well as a v neck which is supposed to be super rare. Is he pulling my leg or do these exist? If so, does anyone have pics?

Edit: Is there really a intentionally faded version of the green Indian Head Polo Country shirt?

Last edited:
If you have this in an L or XL hit me up

Sorry for the double post, any info on this Egyptian tee? I was told it was part of the same 1991 collection as the Fireball goose.

Can anyone tell me how these Polo Sportsman pull-overs fit? Any other opinions on it etc. Also is there any concrete info out there about the Sportsman line? Like what era it was from etc. Couldnt find too much info about it looking through some of the earlier pages of this thread.

As far as I know the line began in 1990, was retroed again at least 2x in my lifetime, but not all the pieces were replicated, they introduced some new pieces as well, the hoodie jacket above is one of the earliest pieces, prob 1990-1991, maybe 1992....Ralph Lauren actually dedicated an entire line of sportsman apparel sort of a hybrid with the Polo Sport and Sportsman wear, it was eventually was discontinued , I still have some pieces, such as the duck hunt button down, the navy and cream canoe sportsman...etc they made a few long bill hats...

I have always liked the Sportsman line. Wish I could find more of the caps with the circle patches.

I have always liked the Sportsman line. Wish I could find more of the caps with the circle patches.
I liked the Sportsman line. But I love the newer items that borrow from the Sportsman line even more. Like this patchwork that pays tribute to the Sportman Duck Sweaters...

I
A friend and fellow lo enthusiast told me there are four versions of the 94 Indian Head sweater. The blue label crew neck and the Polo Country roll neck I own, but he said there is a shawl neck version as well as a v neck which is supposed to be super rare. Is he pulling my leg or do these exist? If so, does anyone have pics?

Edit: Is there really a intentionally faded version of the green Indian Head Polo Country shirt?

I've never seen seen a shawl or vneck version of the Indian head.....I would say he's pulling you leg, but you never know, I still get surprised every few couple months of vintage polo I've never seen.

Which store is this, Madison, Broadway, Bleeker....etc? Btw between online, flagship and major department stores which has the most complete and diverse collection in regards to the fall/winter 2013 season
NYC Fashion Week RL Showroom, not a store. For buyers and media to see and either place orders / understand the line and see the rigging, and of course post on blogs and send to print.

And keep in mind some of those pieces are going to be archived visual assets that are no longer for sale and bounce around from store to store at the whim of visual managers. I spy some beacon blankets that I am sure would be near impossible to purchase. In fact I believe the rolled up one is actually a robe.

Last edited:
Which store is this, Madison, Broadway, Bleeker....etc? Btw between online, flagship and major department stores which has the most complete and diverse collection in regards to the fall/winter 2013 season
This show room is on 650 Madison, it's a corporate building.

Speakin of Beacon...... I been out of it.... anyone in here cop this loud shirt? I personally love it, the indigos on it are sick.
Apparently its like a year old... wtf?

This might have been answered already but, does anyone know what, if anything, came out of that online poll RL had regarding a vintage remake?

I believe RL was gauging consumer interest in vintage apparel/items.

If memory serves, this poll was held last year. They were also selling some vintage items as well.

looks to be a few spring /summer pieces in there if i'm not mistake.
Unfortunately you are mistaken. The picture taken is of the current fall group consisting of both RLX and Polo. But between the colors and pieces used I can see why you may think that it's Spring 13 group AKA "River Wild."

NYC Fashion Week RL Showroom, not a store. For buyers and media to see and either place orders / understand the line and see the rigging, and of course post on blogs and send to print.

And keep in mind some of those pieces are going to be archived visual assets that are no longer for sale and bounce around from store to store at the whim of visual managers. I spy some beacon blankets that I am sure would be near impossible to purchase. In fact I believe the rolled up one is actually a robe.
Just to go off of what you said, the show room is in a corporate building on 650 Madison I believe.

Just to go off of what you said, the show room is in a corporate building on 650 Madison I believe.

I dont know for sure. I will find out tho. Something tells me its not, its probably in one of their other properties, should be closer to the fashion district where most brands have their showrooms.

Great items, are the hats custom, and if so where did you get them done?
i've never seen the v-neck but i've seen the shawl neck one.

Back
Top Bottom