The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

u get prayer beads when you beat a mini boss and iirc 4 of them lets u upgrade your attack power

i grabbed the flame vent yest. and beat the chained ogre

i cant even imagine how hard the real bosses are gonna be :lol:

Went down the Youtube rabbit hole yesterday and stumbled on some Sleeping Dogs gameplay videos.

Forgot how fun that game was. :pimp:

Game surprised a lot of people with how good it actually was.

Gone replay that again after I finish with Spider-Man.

First played Sleeping dogs on 360. Like it so much when the remastered it on PS4 i got it again and plat it.. loved that game man.

Really do wish they would do another.

u get prayer beads when you beat a mini boss and iirc 4 of them lets u upgrade your attack power

i grabbed the flame vent yest. and beat the chained ogre

i cant even imagine how hard the real bosses are gonna be :lol:

I got past the first general last night and got a prayer bead... then kept dying in the next area...smh lol

I consider myself pretty good at SoulsBourne games... this def isn’t quite a SoulsBourne game.

Last edited:
I’ve managed to grab 2 prayer beads. I guess I’ll take another stab at the chain ogre today.

I’ve managed to grab 2 prayer beads. I guess I’ll take another stab at the chain ogre today.

If you want advice for the ogre I’ll put in spoiler. Took me a ton of attempts too.

first take care of the guy who’s up the hill, you don’t want him interfering. Next thing stay close to the ogre. It’s really only when you’re far that he initiates that sweeping grab that’s difficult to dodge. I personally didn’t figure out what to do with the advice of using the flame. But later on I noticed that a little beyond the area where the guy who I said to make sure to take out first is, there’s a fire. Maybe you can lure the ogre there?

It is super fun playing the game relatively blind. Especially since I am familiar with how these games work.

Don’t forget to explore every corner and take time to backtrack and talk to NPCs after major events in the game.

And also don’t forget to read item descriptions.

I tried to hit a mini boss with a deathblow and then hide. They never stop looking for you unlike the regular enemies. They made sure you can’t cheese them :rofl:

I tried to hit a mini boss with a deathblow and then hide. They never stop looking for you unlike the regular enemies. They made sure you can’t cheese them :rofl:

Make sure you use consumables

And also - you to keep attacking them or the will regenerate that life you took from the deathblow.

If you want advice for the ogre I’ll put in spoiler. Took me a ton of attempts too.

first take care of the guy who’s up the hill, you don’t want him interfering. Next thing stay close to the ogre. It’s really only when you’re far that he initiates that sweeping grab that’s difficult to dodge. I personally didn’t figure out what to do with the advice of using the flame. But later on I noticed that a little beyond the area where the guy who I said to make sure to take out first is, there’s a fire. Maybe you can lure the ogre there?
the flame vent
is an attachment to the prosthetic that shoots fire.

getting it is not really that obvious and it is super easy to miss (i actually just stumbled upon it) but it's located in the hirata estate level (the flashback).

its very helpful for the ogre fight b/c hes weak to fire and it stuns him for a significant amount of time.

and yeah that spear guy to the left of the ogre is obnoxious:lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...uide-where-to-find-the-flame-to/1100-6465766/

Playing Tales of Vesperia makes me hope that Bandai Namco releases all the previous Tales of games from PS3 to PS4 i.e. Graces F, Xillia, Xillia 2.

I don’t why but I don’t like the musical cues for every skirmish, nor the deathblow note. For the latter, it’s probably because they occur too frequently so I feel like I’m never not hearing it; as opposed to Bloodborne where visceral attacks where a rarer occurrence.

That said, I’m only in the intro area and am still liking the game a lot.

yeah it is a little jarring how much music is in this game (and how often i hear the pursuit theme but that's prob. b/c im always getting spotted :lol:) although everything ive heard is quite good.

this is a different animal from soulsbourne and obviously that applies to how it's scored too but one of my favorite things about ds/bb is that with very few exceptions theres no music in a level except for when you fight a boss.

it really amps up that feeling of being a lone warrior traveling thru a ominous foreign land

if there's one thing i could ding nioh for it's that music was always playing and most of it was fine but it got repetitive

I’m not far into Sekiro at all (~4 hours) but Bloodborne is still the best of its kind imo. That being said, I don’t even think Sekiro and Bloodborne are similar enough for Sekiro to even be considered “soulsborne”.

I’m not far into Sekiro at all (~4 hours) but Bloodborne is still the best of its kind imo. That being said, I don’t even think Sekiro and Bloodborne are similar enough for Sekiro to even be considered “soulsborne”.

Yeah Bloodborne is it’s own thing.

I haven’t been trying to replace it so Sekiro is fine with me.

Not feeling sekiro so far. If it’s supposed to “click” at some point, I’m far from it. Currently getting destroyed by the dude in purple in the estate. No idea what kind of move he’s rolling out and what kind of counter I’m supposed to use.

Camera also keeps getting weird

this is a different animal from soulsbourne and obviously that applies to how it's scored too but one of my favorite things about ds/bb is that with very few exceptions theres no music in a level except for when you fight a boss.

They knew damn well they couldn't top the Bloodborne OST, so they figured they'd switch it up.

How they gonna top this? They can't.

Sekiro is amazing, tho, much better than Dark Souls 3.

Ok beaten him 3 times now :lol:

Feel like the mobs don’t really help at all to improve for mini bosses so gunna practice on him maybe 2 more times

Ok beaten him 3 times now :lol:

Feel like the mobs don’t really help at all to improve for mini bosses so gunna practice on him maybe 2 more times

3 hours later I’m finally done sparring with this guy :lol:

Hope the skills I honed against him translate to other fights. Tried a bunch of different styles until I started getting results with “faster bloodborne.” Dodging around until I can get over either shoulder of the opponent and get shots in. Also found that it’s often helpful to throw in an extra swing even if you know it’ll get blocked, so that the opponent stays honest and can’t counter you straight after your combo before you can dodge away.

Unfortunately and disappointingly, the new mechanics didn’t give me consistent enough positive results. The jump often misses and doesn’t open him up for an attack. Sometimes out of a move I’m not sure if he’s going to thrust or sweep so it felt like there was no point in trying a Mikiri. And without those 2 mixed in to break his posture, getting a death blow in off of straight up parrying wasn’t happening.

Feel like faster bloodborne won’t translate too well but whatever I’m sure I must have gotten some improvement to help with future bosses/mini-bosses

Last thought of the night. I could be wrong but the game feels like it might be more about learning each opponent as opposed to a universal skill set

Hoping my hours training with purple dude and unkillable dude were worth investing, but they possibly would have been better spent just advancing in the story

Sony confirms it will stop letting GameStop and other retailers sell PS4 download codes

Last thought of the night. I could be wrong but the game feels like it might be more about learning each opponent as opposed to a universal skill
This.

I feel like each enemy has a learning curve. These dudes are so unpredictable.

Back
Top Bottom