The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Think I’m going to call it a night. Early impressions are that if you have games like GoW, hzd, uc4, bloodborne, Spider-Man, etc on your backlog then save a few bucks and beat those first. Not that this game isn’t good so far, it is. But it isn’t put everything else to the side must play right now for full price amazing. I didn’t really have any other must-beat games left in my backlog (TF2, bayonetta 2, Nioh, cuphead, sunset overdrive, maybe dmc) so I’m good with decision to cop day 1. This game will be on sale in a few months though.

Think I’m going to call it a night. Early impressions are that if you have games like GoW, hzd, uc4, bloodborne, Spider-Man, etc on your backlog then save a few bucks and beat those first. Not that this game isn’t good so far, it is. But it isn’t put everything else to the side must play right now for full price amazing. I didn’t really have any other must-beat games left in my backlog (TF2, bayonetta 2, Nioh, cuphead, sunset overdrive, maybe dmc) so I’m good with decision to cop day 1. This game will be on sale in a few months though.

Awesome. Thanks, man.

Happy that I clear up my qeue before buying a new videogame lol. I would've copped digitally as well if I didn't have to purchase through ebates.

How's the difficulty compared to Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls?

-Drew

Awesome. Thanks, man.

Happy that I clear up my qeue before buying a new videogame lol. I would've copped digitally as well if I didn't have to purchase through ebates.

How's the difficulty compared to Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls?

-Drew

I’ve only played bloodborne before, and with that game I got absolutely obliterated my first 20 hours in Yarnham before things clicked. With this game it tries introducing mechanics to you more slowly. It’s a more complex system than Bloodborne, but at the same time it feels like I shouldn’t have had as much trouble with it as I had last night (not the game’s fault, my own.) There was really only one part I got stuck on though, and I made the mini-boss intentionally tougher than he had to be, by trying to use him to learn the combat mechanics more instead of opening up with a stealth attack to knock him down to 50%. But with that being said I felt like I should do better with deciding which counter to use (parry, dodge, or jump.) Hopefully it clicks soon.

I’ve only played bloodborne before, and with that game I got absolutely obliterated my first 20 hours in Yarnham before things clicked. With this game it tries introducing mechanics to you more slowly. It’s a more complex system than Bloodborne, but at the same time it feels like I shouldn’t have had as much trouble with it as I had last night (not the game’s fault, my own.) There was really only one part I got stuck on though, and I made the mini-boss intentionally tougher than he had to be, by trying to use him to learn the combat mechanics more instead of opening up with a stealth attack to knock him down to 50%. But with that being said I felt like I should do better with deciding which counter to use (parry, dodge, or jump.) Hopefully it clicks soon.

Got ya, bro.

Man, I'm excited to get my copy lol.

-Drew

Got ya, bro.

Man, I'm excited to get my copy lol.

-Drew

Yea I guess to give a more definitive answer, a lot of reviews I saw did say this game was harder than bloodborne and DS, and I believe it. There are just way more decisions you have to make than bloodborne, which for the most part was to get in and tag the enemy 1-3 times, get out, dodge until you can get back in, and repeat. Here you have 3 different situational counters, and also instead of patiently waiting to counter, you’ve gotta get some swings in on your opponent’s guard while you wait for him to make his move. So there’s overall just so much more presence of mind.

I’d say the low level enemies in bloodborne were more dangerous though

getting vibes from ACG that Karak isn't as crazy for Sekiro as the ~90 metacritic score. Said a ton of reviewers only got about 10 hours in and gave their 2 cents. And that From was supposed to get reviewers access to the game 2 weeks ago, but only made it one week early

I don’t mind these mini bosses destroying me and gitting gud learning from my mistakes

However, wtf was from thinking making you lose half of your xp each time you die. I don’t think I’ve leveled up once yet, and really don’t have interest in grinding to do so.

if anyone who's able to login to your PSN from mobile and could help me out with something PM me id appreciate it

531E9FC2-86CE-44FF-AD21-3EC25FC8AFD6.jpeg

Man the amount of XP you lose is brutal. This joint reminding me of the early Bloodborne days. Kill an enemy or two and run back to the lamp :lol:

Man the amount of XP you lose is brutal. This joint reminding me of the early Bloodborne days. Kill an enemy or two and run back to the lamp :lol:

Don’t resurrect every time and you will be good

EDIT:

Nevermind :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom