The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

No matter what advantages Series X has over the PS5 internals, it's all about the games, and it has ALWAYS been about the games. PS3 internals was trash, Xbox was more powerful, and Sony eventually took over that race because of the games. PS4 kept it going with the games and ease of development. I see no difference here with PS5. Let them dudes praise MS over the power of the Series X, they don't have any games to talk about.

4BEB41EA-F4A7-4ECA-9BF4-90CC55CD7D81.png

As much as I want to play this, the og version took like 115/120 hours for me to beat, don't think I have it in me :lol:

No matter what advantages Series X has over the PS5 internals, it's all about the games, and it has ALWAYS been about the games. PS3 internals was trash, Xbox was more powerful, and Sony eventually took over that race because of the games. PS4 kept it going with the games and ease of development. I see no difference here with PS5. Let them dudes praise MS over the power of the Series X, they don't have any games to talk about.

I have always gone with PlayStation due to the exclusives since PS1.

I would say Nintendo is #2.

Hopefully the XseX has some real good exclusives next gen.

Also, if all the SSD talk about Sony internals blowing MS out the water are true, it will make it a much easier console to develop for, that would be a turning point for the race. Developers would continue the route with PS4, and use the PS5 as the benchmark and Series X as the port.

so u said all that
to say nintendo will win the console wars
cool

PS3 vs 360 is actually a good comparison because of the different designs.

PS3 was actually more powerful but it being much harder to develop. That and the split RAM also didn't help which was why multi platform games performed better on the 360.
PS3 GPU was also slightly worse but the Cell helped with the difference.

You didn't see what the PS3 could do until games like God of War 3 and Uncharted came out. They were able to take advantage of the hardware and being on Blu-Ray vs DVD also helped.

This time round though, there's no glaring problems with either console. They're both powerhouses and have taken a different route in design.
I can't wait to see what both will produce.

I'm still more excited about PS5's route because it could fundamentally change game design and they have the first party studios to take advantage of that.

PS3 vs 360 is actually a good comparison because of the different designs.

PS3 was actually more powerful but it being much harder to develop. That and the split RAM also didn't help which was why multi platform games performed better on the 360.
PS3 GPU was also slightly worse but the Cell helped with the difference.

You didn't see what the PS3 could do until games like God of War 3 and Uncharted came out. They were able to take advantage of the hardware and being on Blu-Ray vs DVD also helped.

This time round though, there's no glaring problems with either console. They're both powerhouses and have taken a different route in design.
I can't wait to see what both will produce.

I'm still more excited about PS5's route because it could fundamentally change game design and they have the first party studios to take advantage of that.
Man I can’t wait.

.... yea I'm going to need a breakdown video for that breakdown video.

From what they've shown of the ps5 so far:
-CPU and GPU has less specs on paper however they're theoretically better optimized and therefore give better performance (this may be the case but there's no way of accurately knowing until we get some real-world comparisons)
-ps5 has 175gb less storage except it’s twice as fast (this really is sony's advantage)
-Sony's storage is expandable via usb storage and nvme ssd (these nvme ssd's aren't available yet and aren't standard. ex. there's nvme storage with heat sinks and fans on them that wouldn't fit in the console)

TLDR; Sony has twice the drive speeds and lower specs than xbox but there's stuff going on under the hood that may or may not give sony the advantage in terms of cpu and graphics

Also, if all the SSD talk about Sony internals blowing MS out the water are true, it will make it a much easier console to develop for, that would be a turning point for the race. Developers would continue the route with PS4, and use the PS5 as the benchmark and Series X as the port.
That’s not how it works. Third party developers use the pc as a basis and then down port. Most PC users don’t have SSD’s so they aren’t going to prioritize that feature at all when designing a game world. Sony first party games will but Activision doesn’t care about that when making the next call of duty.
Also your letting marketing speak get to you. SSD aren’t anything new and the Xbox also has one. Fact is the series X literally outclasses the ps5 on every front except for its SSD. So I really doubt that third parties are going to have a harder time porting their games to the stronger system that doesn’t need to be overclocked like the ps5 to get within the same ball park

That’s not how it works. Third party developers use the pc as a basis and then down port. Most PC users don’t have SSD’s so they aren’t going to prioritize that feature at all when designing a game world. Sony first party games will but Activision doesn’t care about that when making the next call of duty.
Also your letting marketing speak get to you. SSD aren’t anything new and the Xbox also has one. Fact is the series X literally outclasses the ps5 on every front except for its SSD. So I really doubt that third parties are going to have a harder time porting their games to the stronger system that doesn’t need to be overclocked like the ps5 to get within the same ball park

Depends on the game. Console's usually are the baseline since they're usually weaker than top of the line PC's. That's why PC releases for lots of games come out later, but you're right in that for next gen standard HDD's may still be the baseline because of PC's and current gen consoles for third party titles. However, I think there will be a shift to SSD's next gen. PC only games like Star Citizen are already requiring SSD's and won't work with standard spinning hard drives.

Third parties may not be able to change the design of their games if they have to cater to those with spinning drives but the extra speed will still help since devs are going to be using the SSD essentially as an extension of RAM so it will be a benefit for everyone.

Porting won't be an issue either.
If the Xbox Lockhart is still a thing then who knows, that might be the base for development but I hope it isn't.

Last edited:
Anybody else pre order doom eternal off the ps store and yet to receive doom 64?

edit:nvmd just got it

Last edited:
Pretty sure whoever is running things knows if Gamestops nationwide close for 30 days or more, many aint gonna open up again :lol:

I laughed when I read thia GS announcement.
I agree.

I called my friend that's a store manager and he was like "Our sales have tripled!"

I didn't know what to say to him, other than "be safe, man" lol.

I just want to make sure I can get my pre-order of FF7 on 4/10 and I'm good. I wish Square would push up the release.

Back
Top Bottom