The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

F digital download life
Oh whale

9AF791A3-FB68-4A9F-936D-08CCFE3B0618.gif

I don’t like how the new controller looks. It looks too much like an Xbox controller. They got away from the traditional Ps controller look. That white and black look is horrible. Hope the system doesn’t look like a Dalmatian.

I agree that there are similarities with the XBox controller but they conducted some surveys and it seems more people preferred the overall ergonomics of the XBox controller. That said they're keeping the analogs in the same position so that's OK.

I agree with you that the White/Black look is 100% garbage - I hope that it is some special edition only. Controller will look like COVID after a few months of use. :sick: :sick: :sick:

I think the controller look sleek and stylish. I'm glad that they've given a new look. Also, this seems to point to the PS5 being predominantly with black and blue mixed in. I like the direction they're moving in and I can't wait to see how the system looks(which will probably look futuristic too).

Part of me wants to play FFVII remake on launch, given the almost universal high praise it’s receiving...but another part of me would love to wait for PS5, since it’ll probably look even better, and cut out some of the long loads that have been reported.

Yea, seeing the treatment FFXV got after launch, no way this isn't getting some sort of upgrade on PS5.

Supposedly some Best Buy's are releasing the pre-orders today. If you have a pre-order for store pick-up, may want to check in with your local store to confirm.

:lol:

Ricky had VII and VIII remaster Plats before me. I might be third on that list. It'll definitely be my focus starting tonight!

Maybe we see a wildcard rise up through the ranks? :nerd:

my money is on Sappy or Bad Religion

NT FF7 Platinum race in this order:

#1 Sappy
#2 Bad Religion
#3 Ricky

Prove me wrong :lol:
I tried to find the stats for all 3 on FFXV but Sappy's is private so here's the other 2.

Ricky

1586447188371.png

Bad Religion

1586447077654.png

I would say challenge accepted but I got left behind in the Plat game ages ago :lol:

1586447431631.png

ah, the good old days.

If you want to know, first trophy for FF XV was 11/30/2016 and the platinum was 1/2/2017, so 33 days? Then again, I like to take my time enjoying a game i'm looking forward to. :lol:

But yeah, I cant wait to get my hands on 7R. It's gonna be a good time with that one. :pimp:
We need to have a contest on who can make cloud into the prettiest girl. :lol:

If you want to know, first trophy for FF XV was 11/30/2016 and the platinum was 1/2/2017, so 33 days? Then again, I like to take my time enjoying a game i'm looking forward to. :lol:

Honestly, taking your time is the best way, especially with RPG's

I took time off work for XV so I didn't want to waste any time :lol:

I hate multiple playthroughs so I doubt I'll get the plat for FFVII when I play it.

Honestly, taking your time is the best way, especially with RPG's

I took time off work for XV so I didn't want to waste any time :lol:

I hate multiple playthroughs so I doubt I'll get the plat for FFVII when I play it.
For games that require multiple playthroughs (Nioh excluded), I like to save the second + runs for some time after I complete the first run, unless the game is really good.

Yea it's strange they made multiple playthroughs a trophy (Hard mode). The only other games that did this I can remember are Lightning Returns FF13 (only made you play roughly 4-6 hours into a second playthrough) and Type-0 (only certain sidequests appeared after completing the game).

I like to stretch out my playthroughs a bit. The first day is usually dedicated to a game, but work and social life usually interject at some point. I've been making a point of going through my backlog, starting up games, and deciding if going for the platinum in a game will stop making the game enjoyable. It's worked well this year, as I have been enjoying the process of hopping from game to game.

Like Sappy said, I may leave my 2nd for a later date. That said, I wasnt exactly walking through the demo with ease, so we will see how difficult Hard Mode makes it.

Last edited:
Yea it's strange they made multiple playthroughs a trophy (Hard mode). The only other games that did this I can remember are Lightning Return FF13 (only made you play roughly 4-6 hours into a second playthrough) and Type-0 (only certain sidequests appeared after completing the game).
It’s cool I guess. I’ll just play on Normal and then use Hard mode as a clean up for the trophies I miss. There’s also chapter select which seems weird in a FF game :lol:

I wanna play through Doom again on a harder difficulty so bad lol

but it is hard to justify with a backlog like this (Sekiro included)

Chapter Select and Hard Mode !?
What is happening :lol:

You guys can save your second playthrough for PS5 or for whatever updates SE brings.

Back
Top Bottom