The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

If ya’ll didn’t know, Sony is only releasing The Show on One and Switch because MLB forced it basically. It was either go multiplayer or lose the license and they give it to another dev, maybe 2k or EA.

from what I remember SE is already in development for part 2. They began while finishing up part 1

they already got the engine, combat system, character designs, etc... I’m optimistic that it’ll come out sooner than later. I just pray they have the same voice actors too

:lol:
they so lame
touting they "shipped" and sold digitally 3 mil
ill give em the sold
but they trash for counting the shipped :lol:
game gonna be 29.99 in a few weeks

Industry standard to quote the shipped amount.
They've already got the money for shipped games.
That's all investors care about.

Every press release shows shipped.

happened 2 times this week
one from russia
and another from the US
changed my passcode each time
didnt do the 2 factor though
and no cc is on file for mine

Also happening to people with PayPal linked.

lets bet something else
if i win
free collectors edition of the game for my son
if i lose
ill paypal u the price of what the collectors edition costs

Deal. And when I win I'll send your son a ND t-shirt :smile:

:lol:
they so lame
touting they "shipped" and sold digitally 3 mil
ill give em the sold
but they trash for counting the shipped :lol:
game gonna be 29.99 in a few weeks

Sell-in is now over 5 million as of earlier this week. Sell-through is over 3 million.

Not nintendo
they show sold through
look it up if I don’t believe me
Nintendo started that trend with the Wii
They only talk about sold through

Also happening to people with PayPal linked.
Don’t have paypal linked either

If ya’ll didn’t know, Sony is only releasing The Show on One and Switch because MLB forced it basically. It was either go multiplayer or lose the license and they give it to another dev, maybe 2k or EA.

Yeah definitely the lesser of two evils.

Imagine all the microtransactions in a 2K baseball game.

The MVP series was very good but EA might go full NBA Live if they got their hands on the MLB license again.

So it is true, I heard this a few months ago but swept it under the rug, seemed HIGHLY unlikely, but damn, I guess it's true.

I wonder why the NFL didn't do this with Madden all these years...

So it is true, I heard this a few months ago but swept it under the rug, seemed HIGHLY unlikely, but damn, I guess it's true.

EA is a third party publisher & dev. Sony San Diego Studio is a internal SIE dev team. I'm pretty sure MLB payed Sony a ton of money to make it multi platform. I mean Sony had all the cards and probably made it known to MLB that The Show does sell consoles for them. Also keep in mind that Sony SD Studio reportedly split into 2 teams with one team focusing on something not related to the show.

That's the problem with games that have licenses properties.
License holders get to dictate a lot of stuff.

Just hope San Diego having to make the game for all these platforms doesn't make the quality drop.

Annual franchises don't have the luxury of time and multi-platform games can't be tailor made as well as first party titles but it shouldn't be an issue to get it running on Xsex.
Switch on the other hand may be difficult but time might be the biggest hurdle.

Like mr j 858 mr j 858 said I won't be surprised if Sony is getting more money since they'll now need a bigger team to port to all these other platforms but as the developer and publisher, they would also get more money for the sales from the other platforms. I don't know the terms but I'm sure both parties will be satisfied.

All in all, I think it will be a good deal for everyone involved as long as it's executed properly.

False. PC is confirmed and MLB did not force anything. Also just like the NFL the MLB is looking to expand its branding via games so after the current exclusive deals run through (2021 for the NFL) all options are open for developers looking to use the license. This was a preemptive move on the Studios part to get the game in the hands of a broader audience. It’s not like MLB the Show sales are substantial and one can only assume the drop in sales each year since 2018 has played a part.

And no the MLB didn’t pay Sony more money (they don’t pay them any money as is, it’s the other way around) so stop the fanboy Theories. Sony’s new contract with MLB was signed Dec 2019 nowhere in that contract does it state EXCLUSIVE.

Last edited:
NFS Heat and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition. Almost done with both, so probably picking a new JRPG for May and start it early. I'll do a FFVII Remake Hard run in May as well I think.

Always playing COD Warzone when friends are on.

Need for Speed was a great step in the right direction for the franchise. Too bad it took Ghost so long... but the move back to Criterion will probably be for the best.

False. PC is confirmed and MLB did not force anything. Also just like the NFL the MLB is looking to expand its branding via games so after the current exclusive deals run through (2021 for the NFL) all options are open for developers looking to use the license. This was a preemptive move on the Studios part to get the game in the hands of a broader audience. It’s not like MLB the Show sales are substantial and one can only assume the drop in sales each year since 2018 has played a part.

And no the MLB didn’t pay Sony more money (they don’t pay them any money as is, it’s the other way around) so stop the fanboy Theories. Sony’s new contract with MLB was signed Dec 2019 nowhere in that contract does it state EXCLUSIVE.
Far from a fanboy but ok. Maybe I misunderstood the deal in place. Thank you for clearing things up. Didn’t mean to ruin your day.

I started my FF VII Hard run and I can tell it's gonna be frustrating :lol:

I also will be building my PC today (assuming the parts come in) and will have access to more JRPGS that I can start and never finish :lol:

What is it people like about P5? I like the gameplay but all that stuff you do in between mending hearts (I think that’s what it’s called) is so boring to me. I don’t want to build relationships like that. A side quest here and there is cool but not days of it. If it wasn’t for that, these games would probably be down to 40 hours. All that filler, word to nawghtyhare nawghtyhare :lol:

Back
Top Bottom