The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Yeah game is getting review bombed due to an early spoiler. People have to realize they don’t own the stories and can’t dictate where they go. Sure you can want it to go one way and get upset that it doesn’t go how you want but to act like a damn baby and whine about is annoying

Welp, there goes my weekend plans.
Bestbuy just hit me with the shipment delayed email. Worst thing is that if they don't ship by next Friday they are going to cancel.

I wish they were as efficient in shipping the product as they were in deducting $434 from my account. The hardest thing now is trying to avoid spoilers.

Low-key heated but with everything going on irl, if this is the worst thing to happen to me, I'm still in good shape.

BB did this to me on the purchase of my new camera kit last week. The only consolation I can offer is that the delayed part ended up delivering a few days before the new ETA (today vs. next tues).

Another game with ray tracing. Something a lot of people thought was not a possibility for consoles.

Just looked at the list of games that support it on Nvidia RTX GPU's and it's a lot less than I thought.

Anyone know why?

Maybe it's to do with some consoles targetting 30fps or the tech is still new for the mainstream.

Mainstream cards with support for ray tracing have only really been around since last summer. Even with PC games it’s a fairly newly used technology, maybe 2 years.

It’s cool that a lot of the ps5 games shown off seem to already use ray tracing to some extent.

This game wasn't even oin my radar but the entire thing is playable in VR.
Hopefully PS5 boost mode makes it even look better.

Mainstream cards with support for ray tracing have only really been around since last summer. Even with PC games it’s a fairly newly used technology, maybe 2 years.

It’s cool that a lot of the ps5 games shown off seem to already use ray tracing to some extent.

Yea in my head the RTX line all came out in 2018 but I forgot they were staggered.
That makes sense.

What’s wrong with it? I’ m enjoying it. The story isn’t as basic as the first game. Well at least the characters aren’t.

I don't have a problem with the direction they went, it's their story and they can do what they want.

However, the execution reminds me of GoT S8 and to me that's unacceptable.

This is coming from someone who feels the 1st game is a masterpiece.

OK This one got me :lol:

1592580855629.png

This game wasn't even oin my radar but the entire thing is playable in VR.
Hopefully PS5 boost mode makes it even look better.

Yea in my head the RTX line all came out in 2018 but I forgot they were staggered.
That makes sense.

Been wanting a full game like this ever since the X-Wing mission in Battlefront, super excited. Just picked up Ace Combat 7 in the target sale this week, looking forward to trying out those VR missions too.

Started TLOU2 and so far I'm enjoying it.
I'm at the part where Ellie and Dina are at the grocery store in the small town. I feel like the runners are more aggressive than the first game. I like the melee controls and the ability to dodge their attacks. Haven't read any spoilers. But from what I've played so far, I enjoyed it. Also liked how the game started.

played a good 10 hours since im on furlough and i cant believe it took them 7 years for this.

I'm stunned, man.

I'm more excited to discuss the first few hours of the game tonight with my friends than I am with finishing the game.

I'm most likely gonna give the game away and watch it on YouTube, :lol:

I'm interested to see what people in here are saying once they beat it.

I'm stunned, man.

I'm more excited to discuss the first few hours of the game tonight with my friends than I am with finishing the game.

I'm most likely gonna give the game away and watch it on YouTube, :lol:

I'm interested to see what people in here are saying once they beat it.

same if i didn't buy it digitally i would just finish it on youtube. pretty sure its gonna be alot of explaining in the next week , hell if naughty feels the pressure they might mass effect 3 this thing .

same if i didn't buy it digitally i would just finish it on youtube. pretty sure its gonna be alot of explaining in the next week , hell if naughty feels the pressure they might mass effect 3 this thing .

Hey, critics love it.

Then again, they might have loved ME3 as well, I forget.

I feel bad for the employees that had to do all that crunch for this, :lol:

I don't have a problem with the direction they went, it's their story and they can do what they want.

However, the execution reminds me of GoT S8 and to me that's unacceptable.

This is coming from someone who feels the 1st game is a masterpiece.

I see what you mean but lets not act like part 1 wasnt a basic story at its core as well. carrying precious cargo west/east and bonding through the journey has been done to death in every form of media so my expectation for the story itself was not as high as others. I'm totally fine with the new direction and execution. feels fresh.

I see what you mean but lets not act like part 1 wasnt a basic story at its core as well. carrying precious cargo west/east and bonding through the journey has been done to death in every form of media so my expectation for the story itself was not as high as others. I'm totally fine with the new direction and execution. feels fresh.

This happens 2 hours in, if you're not passed that point don't click:

My problem is this:

Joel survives 20+ years in apocalypse because he doesn't trust anyone or anything.

Joel/Tommy are now ok with giving their names and location to a group of armed strangers?

That's believable to you?

Tommy's camp gets raided in the 1st game.

He's ok with letting armed strangers coming into the new camp to restock supplies?

That's good writing to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom