The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

^ this.

I prefer to have digital edition but I’ll gladly grab the physical edition if I can’t secure the digital. As soon as I see an Amazon link, I’m copping. If it happens to be physical, I’ll try for a digital and then Vance the physical :lol:

I am 90% in on the digital. I rarely buy physical games these days, but I don't have a 4k player, so if it's $50-100 more for disc version, I might get that, but even then...no real need since I can't recall the last time I bought a physical movie either. There isn't any quality difference in a digital download 4k, and physical media, is there?

Blu-Rays have a much higher bit-rate than what you get from streaming services like Netflix.
Streaming services just win on the convenience factor.

I would only get something like the Marvel Infinity Saga on UHD Blu-Ray. The extra quality is nice and all but who's got the shelf space.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ew-a-likeable-if-clunky-hollywood-blockbuster

https://www.vg247.com/2020/07/14/ghost-of-tsushima-review/

https://wccftech.com/review/ghost-o...than-a-mountain-death-lighter-than-a-feather/

Ghost Of Tsushima review - samurai creed

1594735851600.png

Can’t wait to get the corners of the controller dirty day 2 :lol: :nthat:

Also I was crazy excited for GoT since the first reveal some years back but as we have gotten closer to the release something looks off about the game. Im waiting til the PS5 to play/purchase it. Beat the last game I’d purchase specifically for the PS4 a few days ago. Doom:Eternal

Some people left physical games a long time ago so they'll take the $50 savings.
I'm going for the normal version for more options but will slowly start to transition for most games bar some collectors editions or games with longevity.

I also thought it would $50 but it may be even more according to this video.

TL: DR

He estimates ~$80 in savings by not having the UHD Blu-Ray drive and the associated costs and savings.

$399 dream might not be dead.

I never inserted a disk in my ps4 bought all games digitally. But if the difference is 50$ Im not buying digital only because there are good sales on physical games after a while. If the difference is a cool 100$ eff it its digital again for me

SelfishDampBettong-size_restricted.gif

Gave him the Ryu Donkey kick :lol:

latest

I think the review scores are a solid win for Sony and Sucker Punch.

It should be amongst their other highest rated games like inFamous

I've had two PS3 disc dives and one PS4 disc drive fail. I'm all in on digital, but will take what I can if it is limited.

Sorry if this has been answered already.
Does the PS5s backwards compatability include PS4 disk? Or just PS4 digital?
If it does that's a no brainier for me. I need the disk version.

Sorry if this has been answered already.
Does the PS5s backwards compatability include PS4 disk? Or just PS4 digital?
If it does that's a no brainier for me. I need the disk version.

Xbox One works with disk so I would assume they’d do the same

I'm not going full digital on any console next gen or future gens. Once Sony & Microsoft only offer digital only boxes that when I'm done with console gaming.

People going full digital only for games are playing right into the hands of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. New game prices are going up next gen by $10. Digital new game releases hardly have any sales and people have to wait a long time for a PSN flash sale for discounts. Then you eventually will run into HDD space issues which the PS5 stock internal drive is less than 1TB and you will have to wait for Sony to release the approved tech specs for the additional expansion drive you can hook up for more storage. Yeah I get the convenience and nice feature of digital downloads of not having to go to retail store like Best Buy or GS or you can be at work or somewhere else and buy a digital version of game and start the download and come home later and ready to start playing the game or doing pre loads for games by like a week in advance.

Back
Top Bottom