The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm not going full digital on any console next gen or future gens. Once Sony & Microsoft only offer digital only boxes that when I'm done with console gaming.

People going full digital only for games are playing right into the hands of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. New game prices are going up next gen by $10. Digital new game releases hardly have any sales and people have to wait a long time for a PSN flash sale for discounts. Then you eventually will run into HDD space issues which the PS5 stock internal drive is less than 1TB and you will have to wait for Sony to release the approved tech specs for the additional expansion drive you can hook up for more storage. Yeah I get the convenience and nice feature of digital downloads of not having to go to retail store like Best Buy or GS or you can be at work or somewhere else and buy a digital version of game and start the download and come home later and ready to start playing the game or doing pre loads for games by like a week in advance.

That's truly a problem with consoles. The second Sony start releasing all games on PC, I'm moving completely to PC (so we know they won't fully embrace it). Just the deals alone from Steam is worth it.

Aiming for the disc based PS5.

If I can't and can only get the digital one, I'll pick that up and look for someone who's willing to swap.

A physical copy of takes up the same space on your hard drive as a digital copy.

So Ghost of Tsushima is
20-25 hours
if you just play the main story.

40-50
hours to complete everything.

I just hope the side missions aren't repetitive. That's what I hated about infamous.

I'm not going full digital on any console next gen or future gens. Once Sony & Microsoft only offer digital only boxes that when I'm done with console gaming.

People going full digital only for games are playing right into the hands of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. New game prices are going up next gen by $10. Digital new game releases hardly have any sales and people have to wait a long time for a PSN flash sale for discounts. Then you eventually will run into HDD space issues which the PS5 stock internal drive is less than 1TB and you will have to wait for Sony to release the approved tech specs for the additional expansion drive you can hook up for more storage. Yeah I get the convenience and nice feature of digital downloads of not having to go to retail store like Best Buy or GS or you can be at work or somewhere else and buy a digital version of game and start the download and come home later and ready to start playing the game or doing pre loads for games by like a week in advance.

Sony's the Pitbull of consoles - Mr Worldwide. They won't alienate any of their markets by going digital only.
There's no need for them to do what Apple did with the headphone jack. Offering a digital only box alongside a standard version just makes sense now.

Also, like Swendro said, disks these days are just there to verify you have the game, The game gets installed on your hard drive and runs from there so saving disk space with physical is not a thing.

Another thing to be grateful for next gen is that we finally have good CPU's again.

AI should be much better next gen since the jump in CPU performance is huge.

Bad AI has never been a deal breaker for me but a big immersion killer. It's one of the worst things this gen and I'm sure you can find it in other similar games.

Another thing to be grateful for next gen is that we finally have good CPU's again.

AI should be much better next gen since the jump in CPU performance is huge.

Bad AI has never been a deal breaker for me but a big immersion killer. It's one of the worst things this gen and I'm sure you can find it in other similar games.
Sometimes when I see people complain (not that it isn't warranted sometimes) I realize that I am not a "hardcore" gamer at all. Like I see people complain about how they will not play Ghost because the subtitles are too small or that the voice acting isn't up to par etc. and I'm just like ???

Um, Cowboy Bebop (HD) is on sale in the PSN Store like 9 bucks :wow:

:pimp:
I would cop but they had a sale on AppleTv a few months ago. Whole season $5

Sometimes when I see people complain (not that it isn't warranted sometimes) I realize that I am not a "hardcore" gamer at all. Like I see people complain about how they will not play Ghost because the subtitles are too small or that the voice acting isn't up to par etc. and I'm just like ???
Yeah people complaining about the Japanese lip sync on ResetEra. Still copping.

I always wish I could go back and see what people's expectations were like back during the SNES, PS1 days. Were people this pissed about games then? People always talk about the voice acting in FF X and how awful it is and it's just like c'mon man, that was the first time (I think) Squaresoft added voices to a mainline FF game and it was great but you couldn't play it because you didn't like how Tidus and crew sounded? :rofl:

I'm just going to play GoT on normal and then take another stab at Sekiro. If I can't make it past the first boss, I'm deleting it forever :lol:

Back
Top Bottom