The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Sticking with physical over digital for me. Like someone earlier said there’s still a difference in streaming versus disc quality for movies. Plus even though I have multiple streaming services I’ve run into the issue of wanting to watch a particular movie and none of the services have it. So I usually buy the ones I like and I know I’ll watch multiple times. I also like getting steelbooks that have the extras and the fact that every black friday there’s always good game sales. Just my two cents.:lol:

How are they looking average?

GameSpot gave it a 7... which usually indicates a pretty average game. IGN and Metacrituc score is higher though so that's good.

Is it worth playing TLOU2 knowing the Joel and Abbey spoilers and whatnot? I LOVED the first game on PS3 but basically had the story spoiled for me, like many others. Debating playing it since, like many others, I HATED the spoilers. Any thoughts?

Metacritic is 84, OpenCritic is 85. Average?

:rofl:

Average according to GameSpot, which is the site I trust most for reviews. Above average in general. I have a bunch of above average and even critically acclaimed games that I shelf do to loss of interest, I hope this isn't one of them.

Is it worth playing TLOU2 knowing the Joel and Abbey spoilers and whatnot? I LOVED the first game on PS3 but basically had the story spoiled for me, like many others. Debating playing it since, like many others, I HATED the spoilers. Any thoughts?

I think so. Everything that happened in the middle of the game was very surprising to me, and I ended up appreciating the story much more than I had thought I would.

Nah.

Only Transformers I was ever in to was Beast Wars :pimp:

Also Michael Bay has turned me off from liking regular Transformers.

Oh. Yea , Bay killed it.

I was asking because Transformers Devastation was a fun game with alot of nostalgia for those who remember G1 transformers cartoon. Game is definitely worth checking out. Should be like $10-15 now.

yes. The gameplay is fun regardless. Gameplay is similar to the first one but more polished and a bit more options in terms of movements.

And this is coming from someone who hated the story.

GameSpot gave it a 7... which usually indicates a pretty average game. IGN and Metacrituc score is higher though so that's good.

You consider a 7 average? Then what would an 8 be? Above average? Which would make a 9 good?

Gamespot Review still relevant or legit.

They've been biased and lean more towards Microsoft and PC gaming going as far back as the PS2 era :lol:

Polygon also got tons of funding from Microsoft just to start up that website alone.

Just finished this last week (the ending left something more to be desired for me). If you liked the original, the sequel has basically the same game play, but fine-tuned with different scenarios. More than half the game is continuation of original TLOU, that was enough for me to commit. If you're apprehensive about it, just wait for a good sale.

Back
Top Bottom