The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I like stealth games.

I hate action packed games with a random stealth mission.

Don't know if that makes sense.

I have both an XBOX One X and a PS4 Pro.

PS4 I played/beat:

Spiderman
Detroit
GOW 4

- Started Horizon Zero a few time but never got into it. Other than that I never turn it on.

I mostly play 2k tho. Used to have a ps4 but then played 2k on xbox and felt the L/R triggers vibrating depending on what hand I had the ball in and it was over after that.

It's funny, After beating the game multiple times, I don't even think the last boss is the toughest in the game.

I think Demon of Hatred is worse and I think you can make a compelling argument that Owl at Hirata estate is worse because he's dumb fast and it's tighter quarters.

The one thing about Sword Saint is that at least the arena is huge, so you can just run away and heal if need be. Plus, I feel if you are able to accurately reverse lightning, you should be able to score some easy damage on 3rd phase. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its even remotely easy, because it's still tough as nails, but I think the two mentioned above are way worse.

Beat Genichiro on NG++ today, I’m going to platinum this game eventually.

Def Jam was dope but I don’t think I’d be able to get over the graphics today :lol:

It's funny, After beating the game multiple times, I don't even think the last boss is the toughest in the game.

I think Demon of Hatred is worse and I think you can make a compelling argument that Owl at Hirata estate is worse because he's dumb fast and it's tighter quarters.

The one thing about Sword Saint is that at least the arena is huge, so you can just run away and heal if need be. Plus, I feel if you are able to accurately reverse lightning, you should be able to score some easy damage on 3rd phase. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its even remotely easy, because it's still tough as nails, but I think the two mentioned above are way worse.

isshin on first play thru seems impossible but his posture builds up so quickly hes really not that bad on subsequent play thrus (full disclosure i died at least 50-70 times on ng not saying hes easy whatsoever)

and like u said once u nail down lightning reversals that last phase is not bad at all

but thats sekiro in a nutshell:

a move/moves a boss has that make them seem invincible and can be their downfall in a high risk/high reward situation (mikiri counter, lightning etc.)

demon of hatred on the other hand is a dang bloodborne boss in sekiro

him on ng+ and beyond w/ demon bell/no kuro charm is the hardest fight imo

i used the fireproof umbrella and finger whistle too i dont even want to imagine how much harder that fight gets without those

owl father seemed impossible too until i learned how to consistently dodge that gunpowder attack/that u can jump over the fire owl and mikiri him in phase 3

Metacritic User's Top 10 of the Decade. No real surprises here; pretty good list.

1. The Last of Us/The Last of Us Remastered — 331 Mentions
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 163 Mentions
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — 118 Mentions
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2 — 63 Mentions
  5. Mass Effect 2 — 42 Mentions
  6. Bloodborne — 37 Mentions
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim — 32 Mentions
  8. God of War — 32 Mentions
  9. Grand Theft Auto V — 31 Mentions
  10. Dark Souls — 30 Mentions

help me find my next game...

-just finished fallen order loved it.
-games i recently played to completion were god of war, spider-man.
-enjoyed red dead 2 but didn’t finish it got too tedious.
-don’t know if last of us is for me. petrified of RE2.
-games i thought i would like but lost interest quickly were horizon zero dawn and the witcher 3

is sekiro my next game? is it THAT hard?
i had to bump down fallen order to the second difficulty because it was getting too ridiculous

Metacritic User's Top 10 of the Decade. No real surprises here; pretty good list.

1. The Last of Us/The Last of Us Remastered — 331 Mentions
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 163 Mentions
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — 118 Mentions
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2 — 63 Mentions
  5. Mass Effect 2 — 42 Mentions
  6. Bloodborne — 37 Mentions
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim — 32 Mentions
  8. God of War — 32 Mentions
  9. Grand Theft Auto V — 31 Mentions
  10. Dark Souls — 30 Mentions

pretty much spot on IMO

help me find my next game...

-just finished fallen order loved it.
-games i recently played to completion were god of war, spider-man.
-enjoyed red dead 2 but didn’t finish it got too tedious.
-don’t know if last of us is for me. petrified of RE2.
-games i thought i would like but lost interest quickly were horizon zero dawn and the witcher 3

is sekiro my next game? is it THAT hard?
i had to bump down fallen order to the second difficulty because it was getting too ridiculous

it hard man but has that souls vibe so once you putt in the work it almost seems easy. If that makes sense.

Nioh is another game I’d maybe recommend but it is the hardest game I have ever played and has a ridiculous grind if you want to truly finish it.

If you haven’t played the Last of Us and Uncharted I’d give them a shot. But if I am being real you should probably pop Horizon back in and get through the beginning parts of the game. It gets wild and the DLC is off the chain.

And of course Bloodborne if you haven’t played it but that is another souls game

Last edited:
anybody have any suggestions on PS4 repair. I have a 1st Gen that im just not willing to pay top dollar to get fixed Im getting blu light of death

anybody have any suggestions on PS4 repair. I have a 1st Gen that im just not willing to pay top dollar to get fixed Im getting blu light of death

I live in NY and my PS4 caught the BLoD a year ago.

Found this mom n pop electronic repair shop. They charged me $75 to fix it. They cleaned it up inside, applied new thermal paste and replaced the fan. A year later and no problems.

It’s hard to believe we are entering next gen. I joined NT a few months before PS4 dropped. Time flies!

Tell me about it, the PS4 was my first midnight launch for a console, I remember that period of time gaming like it was yesterday.

How I miss the days when I'd play Battlefield 4 for hours.

Is the X1X user interface better tho? I remember playing my cousin's X at launch. **** was mad random with the blocks. Then visited him again, and it was completely different. And then last year just visited him, UI looks different again. How yall get used to the constant overhaul?

At least with PS, you know where everything is and how to get there, since the PS3.

Tell me about it, the PS4 was my first midnight launch for a console, I remember that period of time gaming like it was yesterday.

How I miss the days when I'd play Battlefield 4 for hours.

Man you young kids got it easy. PS4 was the easiest launch ever as long as you had a pre order.

PS3 midnight launch was hella crazy because Sony had production issue and had only 400K PS3's available t launch for the US. I was at a crazy midnight launch back when Circuit City was still around and they were stupid and made people run and get to a spot in line.

PS2 also had shortages at launch. I remember being young and getting fleeced and tricked by GS into buying a bundle where I had to buy 2 games a extra controller and memory card.

I preordered these games from best buy
Final fantasy 7
Resident evil 3
Cyberpunk
The last of us 2
I cant wait to play them and beat em

PS2 and PS4 were easy gets because I pre-ordered.

I remember when I did the PO at electronics boutique/GameStop and they were just no lines.

I got to pre-order the PS3 at GameStop day 1 but had to wait 3 hours in line. I got the final one but then Sony had some issues with the consoles and I had to wait a few weeks. Got Talladega Nights with the console.

I regretted getting it. Console cost too much (60gb $650) and any games worth it took about over a year to start coming out.

I got Resistance 2 but game was good not great.

Preordering PS5 day 1. I'm confident there will be real good launch titles.

Back
Top Bottom