The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm handing down the PS4 to my son. Do I keep the God of War disc game for him?.... Or will the PS4 have access to the PSN games.. or is that a PS5 exclusive?

I think the free games will only be accessible to PS + PS5 owners at launch, so I would give him the game.

But if you are asking if he will have access to the PSN to purchase this on his system, he most certainly will.

PO

Last edited:
All doomsday scenarios. I’m also old enough to remember the days of putting cartridges under my shirt and blowing to get the dust out and I’m all for digital and subscription services like game pass/psnow (as optional) becoming the norm.

Nah not a doomsday scenario but I personally am not interested in the GaaS model with monthly subscriptions. In any case, I've been at this hobby for too long so it's time to step away. :smokin:smokin:smokin

I don’t think I’ll ever step away from gaming. I’ll go back and play games from the past before giving it up completely. There are still games on PS1, SNES, GameCube, PS2, PSP that I still want to play.

The reality is GaaS will be the norm in five years. All other media and entertainment platforms have shifted to a service-based revenue model (music, movies, and TV), and gaming is following the same trend.

Don’t be appalled in 2023 or 2024, Sony will release TVs that’ll have the capability to play certain PS5 gaming content through the PS+ app.

Ill never buy disk after game stop try to give me like $3 for “the division” 🤣🤣🤣

I broke the disc right in front of their face & threw it away lol

digital 110% & plus my current PS4 still does the “ejecting disc/peeping” BS

blows my mind so many people still use disc in 2020 lol
:lol: I paid 5 bucks for The Division, wild early too, had to be within 6 months of release, I would've taken that.

Even though probably 98-99% of my game catalogue is digital, I still preordered the one with the disk drive. I know that when games that I really want drop a dope special or collector’s edition, I’m going to want it. Especially if they come with a steel case. Plus, with the digital edition you’re locked in to one way to purchase all of your games. What’s wrong with having options?
Exactly. This is all that needs to be said. It's a personal preference.

Some of you guys sound wild arrogant because some folks continue to buy discs.

I don’t think I’ll ever step away from gaming. I’ll go back and play games from the past before giving it up completely. There are still games on PS1, SNES, GameCube, PS2, PSP that I still want to play.
There was a span from 2017-2019 where I felt that I was ready to move on from gaming.

Then Spider-Man released and it brought me back in.

Can't play as much as I can due to having two kids and not having the same amount of free time, but it's one of my ways to decompress from daily life.

Exactly. This is all that needs to be said. It's a personal preference.

Some of you guys sound wild arrogant because some folks continue to buy discs.

Goes both ways. Preference is one thing but labeling the digital ps5 as if is an inferior product and saying they got the short end of the stick is bs.

Oh yeah my G, I've got my retro stuff. Pop them in once in a while and relive the past.

Not everyone buys 4ks/needs a UHD player, so I don't think it's fair to call it "inferior," you are getting good value for having a UHD player so if you do have use for one it doesn't make sense to not the disc version.

I haven't bought a game on disc since the first year I got either of my consoles and don't really plan on buying games physically anymore unless I see a steal on one so I totally get people wanting to just get a digital only version.

Someone made a joke earlier but I really do want The Bokndocks on Blu Ray :lol: if it everdrops.

I picked up Cowboy Bebop from the PS Store when it was on sale for like 8 bucks but I still have Samurai Champloo in Blu Ray that is one of my favorite things ever that a fellow NTer got me as my secret Santa (and Bebop as well).

I try not to complain but sometimes I feel like the moves companies make can force us to adapt to new things that we may not want to or may not be good for us etc.

But then again I could just get the disc version :lol:

I mean you just got by the pros and cons and the disc version can do things the digital can't. Meanwhile, the disc version can do everything the digital can.

The option is still there even if you were mostly digital for games.
flexibility doesn’t make it better product if you never plan on buying a disk of any kind movie, music, games ever again. The games play at the same specs def not an inferior product but a preference as said

Back
Top Bottom