The pair that started my obssesion !

i guess you could call mine a three parter.

I was never really into shoes growing up. Late 2002/early 2003 rolls around and I finally turn to the internet for some basketball shoe reviews.. One pair of Ultraflights is picked up. Nike's technological prowess is showing. Before all this, I kind of went with whatever. Converse, fila jerry stackhouse shoes, fila chris webbers.. whatever was affordable and a design that I liked. I remember going to 5-6 stores for some and1 taichis. I wanted the pair Latrell Sprewell was wearing and featured in SLAM. But I got the white/carolina instead. That was definitely a fun moment but not where the "obsession" started. Shoes were just shoes, nothing worth talking about lol. None of those really got my interest flowing like the Ultraflights did though. So 2003 marked a change.

So I continue buying up any brands that I like. There was this particular adidas cross training shoe with a midfoot strap, turf outsole, and outrigger. A couple pairs were bought up . Then it hit me, with the Ultraflights that I love, there has to be some type of nike cross trainer out there. A google search turns up a 2005 nike air trainer 1 low retro. Simple, yet classic. I was a sucker for white and grey based shoes that matched with just about anything. Alongside the at1 low were 3-4 other shoes that instantly became must haves.

So I kind of came full circle with those three shoes. Ultraflight's got me interested in the technology aspect of Nike, then the adidas trainers had that simple design that I liked. and because of the ultraflight's performance and design of the adidas shoes, I found the Nike Cross Training genre. But If I had to say one shoe: those 2005 nike air trainer 1 low turned the next couple years into playing catchup. That was the shoe that started it

i guess you could call mine a three parter.

I was never really into shoes growing up. Late 2002/early 2003 rolls around and I finally turn to the internet for some basketball shoe reviews.. One pair of Ultraflights is picked up. Nike's technological prowess is showing. Before all this, I kind of went with whatever. Converse, fila jerry stackhouse shoes, fila chris webbers.. whatever was affordable and a design that I liked. I remember going to 5-6 stores for some and1 taichis. I wanted the pair Latrell Sprewell was wearing and featured in SLAM. But I got the white/carolina instead. That was definitely a fun moment but not where the "obsession" started. Shoes were just shoes, nothing worth talking about lol. None of those really got my interest flowing like the Ultraflights did though. So 2003 marked a change.

So I continue buying up any brands that I like. There was this particular adidas cross training shoe with a midfoot strap, turf outsole, and outrigger. A couple pairs were bought up . Then it hit me, with the Ultraflights that I love, there has to be some type of nike cross trainer out there. A google search turns up a 2005 nike air trainer 1 low retro. Simple, yet classic. I was a sucker for white and grey based shoes that matched with just about anything. Alongside the at1 low were 3-4 other shoes that instantly became must haves.

So I kind of came full circle with those three shoes. Ultraflight's got me interested in the technology aspect of Nike, then the adidas trainers had that simple design that I liked. and because of the ultraflight's performance and design of the adidas shoes, I found the Nike Cross Training genre. But If I had to say one shoe: those 2005 nike air trainer 1 low turned the next couple years into playing catchup. That was the shoe that started it

It was definitely AJ-4 in my case (although I've started wearing and in love with sneakers
ever since i was allowed by my parents to decide what shoes to wear in late 70s),
because I was fortunate to live in the stateside when the Vs were about to come out
and Micheal Jordan was simply nothing but spectacular every time I saw him play on tv.

It was definitely AJ-4 in my case (although I've started wearing and in love with sneakers
ever since i was allowed by my parents to decide what shoes to wear in late 70s),
because I was fortunate to live in the stateside when the Vs were about to come out
and Micheal Jordan was simply nothing but spectacular every time I saw him play on tv.

Grade School Bordeaux 7's... The suede on them was different from the adult sizes and my pair turned brown dumb fast.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

After that pair I was hooked for life... I will be rocking Nike's and Jordan's when I'm 60. true story.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Grade School Bordeaux 7's... The suede on them was different from the adult sizes and my pair turned brown dumb fast.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

After that pair I was hooked for life... I will be rocking Nike's and Jordan's when I'm 60. true story.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Nike Air Trainer line in '87/'88.
Two of my friends got pairs, and I said enough with the Pumas - I gotta get a pair of Air Trainers.
Then the Air Jordans and everything with that visible air unit until about '90/'91.

The Nike Air Trainer line in '87/'88.
Two of my friends got pairs, and I said enough with the Pumas - I gotta get a pair of Air Trainers.
Then the Air Jordans and everything with that visible air unit until about '90/'91.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Bordeaux 7s.... love at first sight
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I dont remember exactly what got me started, but I do remember, as a kid wearing Shawn Kemps to G. Hills to Jerry Stackhouse's shoes, esp G. Hills....then it turned to Nikes and Jordans...remember buying my first pairs of kicks in 8th grade with my own money for ball...cherrywood and navy XVIs
pimp.gif
those along with white AF1s are the three kicks i started to take care of and tried to keep as long as possible.....

now its just an obsession 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Bordeaux 7s.... love at first sight
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I dont remember exactly what got me started, but I do remember, as a kid wearing Shawn Kemps to G. Hills to Jerry Stackhouse's shoes, esp G. Hills....then it turned to Nikes and Jordans...remember buying my first pairs of kicks in 8th grade with my own money for ball...cherrywood and navy XVIs
pimp.gif
those along with white AF1s are the three kicks i started to take care of and tried to keep as long as possible.....

now its just an obsession 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom