The pair that started my obssesion !

It's hard for me to just narrow it down to one exact pair....I always used to 
eek.gif
every time I saw a kid at school, or someone in the street with a pair of sneakers on, whether it was a pair of Jordans, Air Force 1s, Air Max, etc.

I do have a fond memory of the first pair of sneakers I ever saw on NT
laugh.gif
. I found it randomly searching on Google...clicked the link, and went
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. It was a pair of Unkles..at first I thought they were some high top air force ones. I stared at that pic for good minute, and told myself I was going to get my hands on a pair. I ended up not getting a pair because I had no idea where I could get them and I definitely didn't have the funds...
30t6p3b.gif

It's hard for me to just narrow it down to one exact pair....I always used to 
eek.gif
every time I saw a kid at school, or someone in the street with a pair of sneakers on, whether it was a pair of Jordans, Air Force 1s, Air Max, etc.

I do have a fond memory of the first pair of sneakers I ever saw on NT
laugh.gif
. I found it randomly searching on Google...clicked the link, and went
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. It was a pair of Unkles..at first I thought they were some high top air force ones. I stared at that pic for good minute, and told myself I was going to get my hands on a pair. I ended up not getting a pair because I had no idea where I could get them and I definitely didn't have the funds...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Bordeaux 7s.... love at first sight
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I dont remember exactly what got me started, but I do remember, as a kid wearing Shawn Kemps to G. Hills to Jerry Stackhouse's shoes, esp G. Hills....then it turned to Nikes and Jordans...remember buying my first pairs of kicks in 8th grade with my own money for ball...cherrywood and navy XVIs
pimp.gif
those along with white AF1s are the three kicks i started to take care of and tried to keep as long as possible.....

now its just an obsession 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I'll have to agree here.  Nike was the market leader (and still is) so Fila, Reebok and Adidas were all priced cheaper.

I got Jordans once in every blue moon as kid so I had to settle for its substitutes - Kamikazes (when the XI's sold out EVERYWHERE), Grant Hill's Filas that wrapped around the ankle and laced in the back, even the Shaq Attaqs.  Then got into the Penny line, MZ3's, Barkley's, etc...

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Bordeaux 7s.... love at first sight
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I dont remember exactly what got me started, but I do remember, as a kid wearing Shawn Kemps to G. Hills to Jerry Stackhouse's shoes, esp G. Hills....then it turned to Nikes and Jordans...remember buying my first pairs of kicks in 8th grade with my own money for ball...cherrywood and navy XVIs
pimp.gif
those along with white AF1s are the three kicks i started to take care of and tried to keep as long as possible.....

now its just an obsession 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I'll have to agree here.  Nike was the market leader (and still is) so Fila, Reebok and Adidas were all priced cheaper.

I got Jordans once in every blue moon as kid so I had to settle for its substitutes - Kamikazes (when the XI's sold out EVERYWHERE), Grant Hill's Filas that wrapped around the ankle and laced in the back, even the Shaq Attaqs.  Then got into the Penny line, MZ3's, Barkley's, etc...

Great story about the Athlete's Foot in Plaza Bonita.... I miss that place, they were the back up spot to go to when everywhere else was wiped out.

Though I have had Jordans and Nikes since the late 80s, the first pair that turned me into a shoe obsessed maniac has to be the Air Jordan XI Concord in 1995.  I remember walking into the Navy Exchange and seeing them under the plexiglass display that they had.  I have never forgotten that feeling of desire, and the feeling of happiness of walking out the store with that box.  5 years later in 2000 at age 18 I walked out of the same store with four pairs of the retros.  16 years later in 2011, I have 10 pairs in total.

Shoes have always been a problem for me, starting with the British Knights, Reebok Pumps and LA Gears in elementary school, progressing to the Ellesse suede joints that were in fashion in 5th grade and the Adidas shelltoes and Pumas with fat laces in the "breaker" phase in middle school.

Great story about the Athlete's Foot in Plaza Bonita.... I miss that place, they were the back up spot to go to when everywhere else was wiped out.

Though I have had Jordans and Nikes since the late 80s, the first pair that turned me into a shoe obsessed maniac has to be the Air Jordan XI Concord in 1995.  I remember walking into the Navy Exchange and seeing them under the plexiglass display that they had.  I have never forgotten that feeling of desire, and the feeling of happiness of walking out the store with that box.  5 years later in 2000 at age 18 I walked out of the same store with four pairs of the retros.  16 years later in 2011, I have 10 pairs in total.

Shoes have always been a problem for me, starting with the British Knights, Reebok Pumps and LA Gears in elementary school, progressing to the Ellesse suede joints that were in fashion in 5th grade and the Adidas shelltoes and Pumas with fat laces in the "breaker" phase in middle school.

Obsidian 12s, but my parents wouldnt let me get them back in 3rd grade, so they got me the Team Jordan Pros in Black & Royal 6 months later instead. I loved them, but they weren't really what i wanted. The first shoe I got that I picked out and were above 100 were the Zoom GP III, the morph skins were so cool to me. First pair i ever bought on my own were the 17+ white and black alligator with that copper, just damn
smile.gif

Obsidian 12s, but my parents wouldnt let me get them back in 3rd grade, so they got me the Team Jordan Pros in Black & Royal 6 months later instead. I loved them, but they weren't really what i wanted. The first shoe I got that I picked out and were above 100 were the Zoom GP III, the morph skins were so cool to me. First pair i ever bought on my own were the 17+ white and black alligator with that copper, just damn
smile.gif

have always have jordans growing up but the summer agter 6th grade i seen TMac 2's and ever since then ive been into basketball shoes

have always have jordans growing up but the summer agter 6th grade i seen TMac 2's and ever since then ive been into basketball shoes

og black and red 11s started the obsession, even though i never had them until recently i loved them in 8th grade in 96

og black and red 11s started the obsession, even though i never had them until recently i loved them in 8th grade in 96

Saw the Penny 1's in 3rd or 4th grade, couldn't get them so I ended up with some Mervyn's Nikes that were horrendous.

First decent shoe was the grey version of the Olympic Penny's in 7th grade.

Saw the Penny 1's in 3rd or 4th grade, couldn't get them so I ended up with some Mervyn's Nikes that were horrendous.

First decent shoe was the grey version of the Olympic Penny's in 7th grade.

I hate that nike is putting the foamposite out in so many random colors, I understand the business but it makes me 
mad.gif

I hate that nike is putting the foamposite out in so many random colors, I understand the business but it makes me 
mad.gif

My obsession was always strong for kicks, but not just one pair... the one that made me start collecting was the retro XlVS white/red.. I had em back in the day

My obsession was always strong for kicks, but not just one pair... the one that made me start collecting was the retro XlVS white/red.. I had em back in the day

It was the 1992 Nike Air Flights I was in like the 1st grade...my pops never knew what kind of monster he was creating. I got some Reebok Pumps the same year.

It was the 1992 Nike Air Flights I was in like the 1st grade...my pops never knew what kind of monster he was creating. I got some Reebok Pumps the same year.

Back
Top Bottom